tuscl

Special dancer drink prices

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Just saw a review for a Louisville club where dancer drink price was $24, more than double a customers price. I think this is a horrible rip off to the customer and I wouldn't pay it. Unfortunately the club does not tell you ahead of time and you wind up paying a ridiculous price.

I think it should be shown on a clubs page that they have special expensive dancer drink prices. Unless Founder has a better way, I suggest that any one that knows a club does this to submit a "Suggest edit" to be added to the club details so that unsuspecting customers don't get burned.

23 comments

• Subraman
    6 years ago
    I agree... there's no such thing as "dancer drinks" in any club I've been to, I wouldn't even know about them if I hadn't read it here. This kind of blantant, anti-customer policy is EXACTLY the kind of information I'd like going in, and could make a significant impact on where I choose to go.

Hell, I wouldn't mind if there were a "Anti-customer Policies" section, what others might be there? I can think of:
    ___ Special expensive dancer drink prices
    ___ X-for-1 dances, songs always cut off
    ___ >5% charge on credit card and ATM transactions

Are there any others we run into regularly?
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Non-refundable cover charges even when there are no girls dancing.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i don’t mind paying for dancer drinks IF she hangs with me drinking that overpriced watered down drink. what is annoying to me is paying that price and her getting up and leaving after a minute with me...
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    They only do it because people pay for it. In some clubs(most clubs with the "buy the lady a drink" shit?) its required in order to talk with the dancer more than a few minutes. I think these are more watered down than normal regular priced girl drinks. Because its clearly for profit. People should just say no though. Maybe it will stop, maybe it wont. But why contribute to it?
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    *profit only
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    In these "dancer drink" places, can you get around it by just walking to the bar yourself, ordering two drinks or shots, and then taking these back to the dancer? Or these are waitress-only setups?
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    subraman - The dancers are probably getting a cut of the price so most wouldn't want you to go get the drinks unless they really wanted a drink.

I have bought regular priced drinks for underage (21) dancers and given them to them in the privacy of VIP.
  • bubba267
    6 years ago
    Citizen’s arrest, citizen’s arrest.... :)
  • Trish_Club_Lust
    6 years ago
    Clubs are there to make money and you should expect to pay... What do you think shadowcat? You should see our naked bodies for free? You are one cheap basterd
  • rh48hr
    6 years ago
    I would like to know clubs that have the mandatory buy dancer a drink policy. I have bought drinks for dancers but it's not something I always do and I certainly don't want to be forced to do it. I would avoid a club like this.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    This is why I won't ever buy a stripper drinks at a club where they hike the prices. I'll tell my stripper she can have the price of the drink as tip for her time instead. I can't stand clubs with hustle cost plays like this.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    Every club worth a shit in Louisville has these drinks. The only ones that I *know* don't are PT's and Deja Vu, both of which are a waste of time. PT's is stupid expensive, and Deja Vu doesn't have much of anything at all going for it.

Anyone who clubs in Louisville knows the deal, and considers it either part of the cost of doing business, or actively avoids doing it. There's only one club (now) that I know of where the wait staff is predatory about it, and that's Godfather. Most of the other clubs, you can still talk to chicks, even for extended periods of time, though you will be asked to buy a drink or a dance a time or two, and at some point, the dancer will likely move on if you ain't buying.

The girls get, on average, $10-12 for each of those drinks, so there's incentive for them to sell them. I seldom, if ever, do so, simply because most of the girls in whom I'm interested know the reason I'm there, and they know that I'll sooner or later get around to asking if they're ready.

The club for which the reviewer mentioned $24 drinks is currently one of the best in Louisville. I *never* buy drinks there, and the girls always seem to manage to avoid walking away.

It ain't no big thing, really.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    You're paying for time, not the drink.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    Understood georgmicrodong but the house doesn't need the cut for it. If it discourages customers then it is not a good business tactic. I've had dancers sit with me at those same clubs without having to buy the drink.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    It's ok that some of you feel this is a legit business strategy. But, agree that in the broader PL world, this might be really information for PLs reading tuscl reviews about clubs? If someone is fine with paying $24 for a dancer drink, or getting his 2-for-1 dance cut off so it's really little more than one dance, or getting up-charged 15% on credit card transactions, that's fine -- but they all amount to the kinds of things lots of PLs reading on tuscl about these clubs would like to see, I bet.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    Well, I do believe it's "legitimate" in that nobody is being forced to do it, just like I think selling sex is a legitimate business practice. That's not to say I think it's a *good* one. It's annoying, but at the same time so pervasive here in Louisville that one can either rail about it and stop going to clubs, or deal with it. I deal with it, mostly by not participating. It hasn't done anything to degrade my club experience to date.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    From what I've read, many of the Baltimore Block clubs did not allow dancers to sit with custies if the custy did not buy her a $20+ drink - and when the PL did by one I think there was only a certain amount of time the dancer could stay and chat b/f the staff was telling-you you had to buy her another drink if you wanted more time - not sure how prevalent this still is since it seems The Block has fallen off.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    There are 2 dives in Miami that have the overpriced dancer drink hustle - the dancer drinks are $20 and the way the dancers pound them down I doubt they have any alcohol at all - it's "optional" but still a drag to have to put up with and some dancers' hustle is to pester custies for drinks all night and undoubtedly many custies unfamiliar with the club don't know it's a hustle and will buy a dancer a drink not knowing it's $20 and then get stuck with the cost - and there are weak/inexperienced PLs that don't feel comfortable telling a lady no and get suckered into buying multiple drinks.

This blatant hustle and having to deal with it is the main reason I don't visit these two clubs (in one of them a girl often won't sit with you unless you buy her an overpriced drink).
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I was at a dive a while back and talking to a girl for a bit - she tells me she's gonna go get a drink at the bar and would be right back (she didn't ask me to buy it for her) - she comes back with drink in hand and tells me "they charge me $4 for this drink but will charge you $12 if u buy it for me and I rather you spend your money on me than give it to the club"
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    My original ATF kept a bottle of her favorite booze in her locker. The club did not have special dancer drink prices but she said " I wouldn't pay these prices for a drink and I wouldn't expect you you to buy me on either". Not many dancers like that around.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    I've clubbed in only about 5 different regions. The only place I experienced the dancer drink hustle was in COI, CA. As soon as you start talking to a dancer a waitress swoops in and asks 'wanna buy the lady a drink?'. It puts you on the spot if you're unsuspecting and not knowing and you almost feel obligated to buy one. Especially if you're interested in the dancer. But from reading TUSCL you find out really fast that it's all a scam for the clubs to make money.

In my experience it was at Synn COI, which doesn't even serve alcoholic beverages. They charge $12 for a fucking bottle of Gatorade for a dancer. But if you buy it for yourself it's 'only' six dollars. It's a rip off no matter what but it's a surpreme rip off when buying it for the dancer.

Thankfully it's not mandatory and you simply just say no. I was hanging with a dancer at the second COI club I went to and after I turned the waitress back two times with a no, the dancer and I started talking about the dancer drinks.
    She admitted that the dancer drink stuff only works on the new guys to the club. I thought to myself, that was me the night before.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    I love it when the clubs that struggle financially are the hustle ones that do shit like sell over priced stripper drinks, charge a $20 cover, and sell dances at $50 each. Fuck all those clubs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion