tuscl

The problem is that....

future POTUS and Senator in training
Retired Queen Troll of TUSCL...who will succeed my reign?
When rappers talk about "popping girls" in their lyrics as if they are "popping girls", everyone turns up in the club. But everyone would turn the fuck down and walk out of the club, instead of turn up , if rappers said "popping 16 yr old girls" in particular. Smh..so its only wrong in the eyes of our society to talk about "popping females" if those females are younger than 18? So basically just bc a woman is over 18, sexualizing women in rap lyrics by a
Society is seen as normal rather than perpetuating rale culture bc of her age?

If all that is said in response to this is that"rap music is bad" please buy a pair of eyes as you are blind by missing my point. The point is not to condemn rap lyrics, as it is obvious that should be done. My point is exactly this: if instead of saying just "popping girls", rapper talked about "popping 16 yr old girls" in particular, no one would play their music on the radio or in the club.

41 comments

• Again, many ignorant people on here will think this post is saying that im making a big deal about rappers talking about having sex with women. But this post IS NOT SAYING that it is not ok to talk about having sex with women. RATHER, THIS POST IS SAYING that when rappers talk abt "popping womeb", their point is not to talk about having sex with women, but rather to talk about how they see them as objects and things to pop, which is wjy they use.the word "pop" as if they are "popping bottles." Therefore, post isnt saying that sexual relations shouldnt be discussed, but rather that society thinks its ok for rappers to talk about having sex with 18+ women as if the women are objects and not people .
  • Why did i post is this? Not bc im a troll..but bc stripping is closely intertwined with rap culture, i wanted to see what the relevant population(male strip club goers) would think of this.

• Jascoi
    6 years ago
    about the only word that i can clearly make out in rap music is ‘nigga’...
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    no matter what they say, women love being seen as sexy and objects
  • Not objects, bitch. @ phatboy. And for your claim to.be legitimate, you would have to argue that a majority rather than merely "a lot of women" want to b seen that way.which, contrary to what u desire to.believe, is not case
  • Trish_Club_Lust
    6 years ago
    I agree with you Nicole
  • Trish_Club_Lust
    6 years ago
    Keep on preachin the gospel
  • FTS
    6 years ago
    Is it okay to objectify women as sex objects if it’s understood that they are animate objects, as opposed to inanimate objects?

Is it okay to objectify strip club customers as animated ATMs?

Happy 4th!
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    OK, well every woman wants to be viewed as attractive and wants to be desired.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    not just strip club customers, women in general view men as walking atms if they can get away with it LMFAO
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    You're incoherent.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    It's not about rap music. Society throughout history has always objectified women/sex. Society also has established age limits as to when a person is a sexually consenting adult. And it just so happens that 16 yrs old is below society's limit (in the context of the US). So it doesn't matter that it is rap music talking about popping bitches or any other music genre objectifying women. The line is crossed at 16 yrs old because simply there is a true legal and societal line being crossed with sex at that age.

And objectifying women as sex objects is not just a rap thing of this generation. It is in almost all genres of music from any era.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    ^ yes I know the limit varies in across states but 16 is still considered young regardless of actual legal limits...
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Stripping is interwined with the RAP culture because both groups want it to be.

And I am not so sure at this point if 16 year old girls as opposed to girls 18 plus would matter. RAP and strip clubs, especially some of the larger chains of clubs like to push the envelope of acceptance ...it gives them that "gangster feel"

As I've said before there are some older Rap artist I can appreciate and a lesser amount of the newer ones but just about any clown who can throw up his middle finger and move his hands when he talks with a soundcloud account can call himself a musician these.days..........
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    strippers definitely love gangsters
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    ...with money, that is.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    "Rap artist" is an oxymoron.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    there are talented mcs, but the shit that passes for commercial rap is pure garbage except for kendrick and hes not even all that
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I enjoyed R Kelly’s music for many years. Then there were odd allegations of his enjoyment of water sports (why not put this on ESPN?) - and then allegations of his use of underage girls for his sexual adventures.

My view is - water sports are fine when enjoyed by consenting adults. I don’t care what consenting adults do together.

But, if a consenting adult engages in sex with an underage partner - that’s not ok. I’m not judging if 16, 17, or 17.5 years old is old enough. The current age of consent is 18 - and that’s the age I adhere to.

If a rapper writes lyrics about popping a 16 year old - there should be a large group to take issue with a lyrical portrayal of underage sex. However, I would take issue with the rapper and the song - not the entire rap genre.

My view would be the same if a country singer had lyrics about sex with an underage partner. I would take issue with the singer and song - not the genre.

Rap is not the first genre to objectify women. There were many hard rock songs from years ago that offered objectification. Some of the old time rockers did shit that makes today’s rappers look tame by comparison.
  • GUYS I AM NOT CRITICIZING RAP SMH YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT.
    -the point is not to talk about rap, but to highlight the SOCIETAL RESPONSE TO RAP and hence our growing comfort rather than discomfort as a society with the way women are talked about.
    -you guys are quick to reiterate the fact that rap isn't the first type of music to do this, and that the root of the issue is objectification of women in general , WHICH IS MY VERY POINT LOL and i even explicated this earlier.
    -I JUST USED RAP to show the PREVALENCE of the objectification and how it is entrenched within our society based on the fact that jay z is not considered to be a perpetuator of rap culture, but he would be if only if he talked about 16 yr old girls in his lyrics the way does women in general.

-smh ...........i really have to repeat myself multiple times for you guys to get the message..and fuck any comments about being unclear or ambiguous in my post, because i already articulated everything i just stated earlier in my original post ALONG WITH the comments after it.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    In the past - folks would complain about the objectification of women in music - and particularly in music videos (when music videos were popular).

In my view, with respect to music in general, women seem to own their objectification now. There are many women who are considered “video vixens” - who post on Instagram - and who make very good money through appearing in objectifying videos.

I think objectification will occur in music lyrics as long as there are songs written.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    LMAO/smh how Nicole gets her panties in a wad just cause of ambiguous responses to her ambiguous posts.

Who gives a fuck anyway?
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    It's an entertaining read though.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    Hey Nicole FYI you do have the option of ignoring posts too. Not every single post has to match what your random train of thought is anyway. You *could* ignore this one too. Or not. (Just sayin')
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    You make a good point SirLDAlot. Posting here is going to elicit many different views - and they might not all “get it” - even if a post is unambiguous.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    @Cashman in my experience you can *think* you made a point crystal clear but yet people will reply to it in their own way. Rather than whine and complain (like a little bitch) that it doesn't meet my personal expected narrative, I say just go with it.

LMAO Nicole is so self centered that she expects TUSCL responses to only match her train of thought. SMH.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I agree with Nicole here. Rap music is crap.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    SirLDAlot - I agree. But I think we are older, and have experience with the possibility that an audience of 10 people might see the same thing - 10 different ways.

There is a lot to learn from listening to differing points of view. There might be an initially view that is considered correct - but after examination of others input - things can appear very different.

I try to not dismiss anyone (except SJG) - as if I smh-ed at each bizarre - my head would have fallen off already.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    How many of us when we were in school ever did the exercise where you stood in a circle with about 20 other kids and whispered a secret in the kids ear on the left? By the time the same message got back around to you was it really the same? Is it ever?

BTW I'll stand by my answer............it looks just fine to me 24 hours later......:--)
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Too much poppin in rap - poppin bottles - poppin caps in mofos asses - booty poppin - what’s next Mary Poppins getting popped?
  • Cashman i did not dismiss you or diminish the value of ur comment :(((

Rather, i had to say what i said as your comment seemed to articulate a summary of what i had said , a summary which i had to correct out of concern that my thoughts and intentions would be misinterpreted.

This is different than diminishing the importance a comment articulating whether or not you agree with me, something which i did not nor would ever do.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I understand the point of your post now.

I’ve heard that MackTruck pops a lot of bitches - but he doesn’t objectify them - maybe I’m getting these discussions mixed up?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Why Nicole do you say anyone who doesn’t agree with your POV is ignorant, are you so sure that your young naive self knows everything?
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    Who gives a shit what rappers talk bout can't stand the shit
  • 25 this thread is abt my views and.you are describing nina and not me.plz stop thx.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    You used the word ignorant I’m just extrapolating from your statement.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I thought Nina was trolling with this Nicole alias.
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    OP...where do you get your views, ethics, values from? newspapers, books, magazines, music, parents, religion, TV?
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Real rappers have a lot of good shit to say, but you wont hear that on the radio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNcbE5Do…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW7K7rCt…
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Flagooner I explained, I logged out of my account for a while and logged into the Nicole1994 because I felt like talking about myself (Nina) on a couple other threads, as you can see. Now I'm Ninabambina again.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    > Now I'm Ninabambina again

I was getting impatient!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion