tuscl

Looking for a high mileage in NYC /NJ

Gabebj
New York
Monday, June 18, 2018 8:04 PM
Hello all, Regular visitor of Gallagher's. I love Gallagher but same faces are getting little old. I am looking to try a new spot or two so would love to get some recommendations if possible. I enjoy a good grinding and high mileage but not necessarily fs. Work is in close to Path train in the island and I don't own a car. Am I stuck with Gallagher's? Thanks in advance.

5 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Not familiar with the area/geography but in NJ, Go Go Rama in Laurence Harbor, Playhouse in Burlington, and Johnny A's in Paterson, seem fairly well-liked but I have no idea if they are doable w/o a car.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Papi offers useful advice. Johnny A’s is outside of Paterson - which is geographically closer than Burlington or Lawrence Harbor. However, I’m not sure how the dancers and offerings compare. Also - it might be a little easier going south - if he takes the outer bridge crossing?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I haven’t been up to NYC in years but doesn’t the PATH let you out in Newark, I would think you’d be able to UBER to some of the clubs near there Patterson is fairly close by my recollections and there seem to be a few clubs in Burlington Township. Do some research that’s what the reviews and maps are for.
  • K
    6 years ago
    He has no car so taking the outerbridge is not an option. If I recall correctly, Gallaghers is Long Island City and not Staten Island so the Outer bridge isn't really an option even with a car. Path to Newark is an option but Newark clubs suck. To get any place good, he is looking at Path to Newark, NJ transit train to some where else, possibly a change to another train and then most likely an Uber. Busses out of Port authority or Newark Penn might be an option but I am not familiar with the bus routes. If I had to rely on trains, I'd go with the North Jersey coast line to South Amboy, Uber would get you to The Den, Club XXXV and Go go Rama. You can catch the North Jersey Coast line out of Penn Station NYC. Another option would be the Path to Hoboken and NJT to Paterson, It is a five minute uber to The post and less than that to the market Street clubs. I will defer to my northern Jersey monger brethren for suggestion in patterson.
  • Gabebj
    6 years ago
    Thanks gents. It almost sounds like not worth the effort.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion