tuscl

a screen name change?

Jascoi
mr.wonderful to single moms and college age girls...
Friday, June 1, 2018 10:35 AM
any chance of being able to change my screen name on my account and retain my existing reviews, article and comments? name change is not to be abused. say maybe a maximum of once in any five year period.

23 comments

• san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Other people have made the sort of change you are describing. SJG
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    It's been done. Just PM Founder.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Don't tell me - you wanna change it to justme65
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    It may be a good idea if one was able to change their screen-name via one's account settings
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Papi - the trolls would love that.
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Just curious papi, why do you think that it's a good idea to be able to change your name at anytime? seems like that would make it confusing.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    at the least i would consider justme69. butt actually some totally different name is my preference.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Just do what Juice does!
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    From time to time someone posts on the board asking how to change their screen-name - it seems as if something certain folks want (plus the ones that want to and don't know how and don't post/ask about-it). Some people may hastily create any ole name when creating an account thinking they may not really use TUSCL much and then decide they wanna use TUSCL more but now want a better name, etc - i.e. seems there's a need for it albeit not a huge one; so it'd be more efficient if one had that capability (of changing one's username). w.r.t. it being abused by trolls: a) there's already an easy way for trolls to post under different names b) a person that changes their name would still have all their TUSCL history under the new-name so it's not as if he would be a completely anonymous troll To mitigate abuse Founder can place a limit on name-changes - e.g. 3 - after that they would need to PM Founder if they wanna change it again and Founder could be aware that is not a troll and someone just wanting to change their name for a non-troll reason - and he can then reset the count to 3 again for those that like changing their name for w/e non-troll reason. w.r.t. it creating confusion - it should be the person's prerogative to change-their/use-whatever name and most people will catch-on pretty-quick anyway and soon forget the old-name (plus limiting it to 3 changes would again mitigate abuse). Just b/c some may abuse it one should not throw-out the PL with the bath water - the more options a user has over his account w/o having to PM Founder for everything the better PL-experience IMHPLO.
  • NeverEnuf
    6 years ago
    Some names reflect a certain persona, occupation or particular interests that may change over time. The dancers change their names all the time when they want to change their identities, etc. Why not the same for the us mongers, PL's and TUSCL'ers?
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    I changed my name by making a new account but it would have been nice to have the reviews from my other account attached to this one. Perhaps to bring in some more money to the site and make sure the people that do it really want it done, a fee could be charged like $9.99 for a name change.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    ouch. if that was true i would keep my present screen name.
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    Complimentary name change with resulting name changes costing $5.99
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i’m gonna pm founder for a new screen name AND make it retroactive for all my existing reviews, article and comments. im gonna try for Mr. Wonderful. or if that is not available maybe Mr. Wonderful too. it is in honor of a former co-worker years ago. i’ll keep the tijuana based avatars.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    WTF are you guys talking about charging for a simple name change
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    You should change your name from justness to its all about me or youcold go with it’s not me it’s you. ;)
  • ButterMan
    6 years ago
    I changed mine a few years ago. Just email founder with the details.
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    Changed mine a few months ago. Easy. PM founder
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    All your reviews comments etc. carry forward
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    thank you founder!
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Nice new avatar!
  • JimGassagain
    6 years ago
    I need to change my name to Jim Gaffigan just so SJG can find me
  • wiffle shwaffle
    6 years ago
    I kind of would like to change my UN as well. Maybe set it so we can only change it once every six months?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion