tuscl

Is the Contribution Score coming back?

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
If not, then how are review weightings going to work? Do guys like Papi and sinclair have no more influence over a club rating than a troll with a handful of reviews?

I ask because my own reviews of a few thinly reviewed clubs don't seem to be moving the needle much on the ratings anymore. As much as I can understand a desire to add an egalitarian flavor to the site, the reality is that the intel that guys like those I mentioned above bring to a club review has a lot more comparative value, which IMHO should be reflected in the ratings. The weighted nature of the system also diminished the ability of trolls to game the ratings - or at least made them work a fuck ton harder.

I'll also just add that the ability to influence ratings is a nice added bonus to motivate guys with a lot of VIP time in the bank to keep writing reviews. My VIP already runs to 2024 and I'm sure that there are guys here with as much as a decade in the bank.

Anyway, just my two cents fwiw.

10 comments

• founder
    6 years ago
    I will be bringing a contribution score back. Reviews will be rated by the contribution score.

• ecman90
    6 years ago
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Thanks for the update founder.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Geezaloo RickiBoi what’s your fascination with ratings on an anonymous board, SMH !
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Nice! I’m glad some of the old rating things are coming back. I enjoyed the top 40 lists - as they were fun to check out. Thanks Founder!
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Twenty, I thought that my fascination was already clear, but I guess I need to spell it out using smaller words. ;)

After banking several years of VIP bank by contributing a lot of reviews of many different clubs, I admit to struggling with the motivation to add new intel. I could keep consuming review information for the next 5+ years without having to make a single additional contribution to this site and I'm sure that there are at least a handful of others in a similar position. Having the ability to move the needle on ratings, which btw I think that long time review contributors have earned, motivates me to keep going and I cannot believe that I'm alone in that.

Also, just to be clear, your reference to "anonymous" is indeed accurate. I don't meet up with other tuscl members and I certainly don't tell anyone in any club that I visit that I am reviewing the club on tuscl. I just want to be able to have an impact, which keeps me motivated to keep writing reviews rather than sit on my hands and live off of old reviews for several years.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    and i thought i was doing pretty darn good gettin three months ahead. smh.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Gee Ricky Boi I just paid you a compliment and you insult me, “You hurt me so bad”
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    Shit!!!! 25 you fucking hilarious!!! Hahahaha
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    Rickiboi id a faggyboi
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion