tuscl

Ot Subject... Auto Accidents

crazyjoe
Colorado
Have any of you ever done a Photo Estimate after an accident? If so what happened?

Some dumbass hit me last weekend. His insurance wants me to do a photo estimate...

11 comments

• shailynn
    6 years ago
    You gonna take a photo of a McDonald’s shitter and send that in?
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    Why are you going through his insurance, go through your own.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I would be very Leary of any photo estimates. There can be hidden damage that cannot be seen until some parts are removed first. Don't make any settlements until repairs are made to your satisfaction.

Liwet - you could go through your own insurance but then you would have to pay any deductibles.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    If you were hit the deductible will be refunded to you I’d get my own insurance company or a competent attorney you should not under any circumstance agree to an estimate untill your car is in a body shop there can be substantial unseen and unviewable damage untill the car is dissembles.
  • gawker
    6 years ago
    Your insurance will collect from the other driver's insurance. It's called subrogation I think.
    However I realize auto insurance policies & procedures vary state to state. If you have an agent, call them before anything else.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    You'll send in a photo - they will issue a repair check - the body shop will find out there was way more damage than would show in a photo - an adjuster will be sent out - it will end up taking twice as long - I went through it in February
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    6 years ago
    1) First get an estimate from your body shop.

2) Then do the photo estimate. Make sure that you submit the photo estimate yourself - if you tell the body shop to take the pictures and submit the estimate for you, then the insurance company will often send the check directly to them.

3) If the adjuster gives you a figure that's greater than the body shop's estimate, accept the offer and keep the change. If they give you a figure that's less than the body shop's estimate, you should ask for more; if they won't budge, tell your body shop to talk to the adjuster. If they still can't come to an arrangement, ask the body shop if they will accept the lesser amount. If they will accept it, good, proceed with the repairs. If not, then either go to another shop or contact your own insurance company and try again. Just be prepared to pay your own deductible if you do have to go through your own insurer. You should eventually get paid back if you weren't at fault, but it may take some time.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I know different states have different laws and different procedures, but I wouldn't talk to the other guy's insurance company unless mine tells me to. I say call your insurance company and let them walk you through the process. And ask questions. They will explain the reason for the process and the expected timing.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I know this guy - he’s really good. His name is Jake from State Farm. I recommend you give him a call. He’s hideous looking - but he’s great with insurance...
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    LOL. Is he wearing khakis?
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    He said - he only wears khakis for me! Lol!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion