tuscl

New Orleans advice?

Sam42
Maryland
Monday, April 2, 2018 9:52 AM
Hi folks, So I’m going to be in New Orleans on business in June. I’d love to visit a club or two while I’m there, but I’m aware that the area was heavily raided earlier this year. Is there still anywhere in NO to go to get a high-mileage dance? Or am I better off to just wait until I’m in a different city?

11 comments

• sinclair
    6 years ago
    What is high mileage to you? Two way touch? Extras? Somewhere in between? The black clubs like She She's and Passions are generally high mileage. They are in outlying areas of New Orleans and were not affected by the raids like the French Quarter clubs. June is hotter than hell and miserably humid in New Orleans. Expect dancer numbers to be lower. You see more dancers coming to town to work around big events like the Jazz &Heritage Fest, Mardi Gras, Voodoo Fest, etc.
  • Sam42
    6 years ago
    For me, high mileage is as heavy 2-way contact as possible, but not extras. I’ll keep She She’s and Passions in mind. I went to college in Houston, and am all too familiar with the misery of the weather along the gulf coast in late June, alas. But that’s when the conference they’re sending me to is, so I have to make do.
  • sinclair
    6 years ago
    Visions on Downman Road is good too. Ethnicity is white or mixed. Some of the dancers there are down for OTC. This is another club a ways out from downtown.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Many of the NOLA clubs seem like tourist-traps - i.e. be on guard lest you get ripped-off for big-$$$
  • MrBater2010
    6 years ago
    Just don't try to sale CDs outside of a liquor store. I hear they are pretty strict.
  • Sam42
    6 years ago
    I’ll keep Visions in mind, and Passions intrigued me from the reviews. I’ll be staying just outside the French Quarter, and I wish I could just walk to a Bourbon Street club, but I’m hearing the same thing from all over that they’re just not worth it.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Passions is the place that I want to get to, just from reading about it online. SJG
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Here's a thread that was started on Friday. I didn't read it so I don't know if there was any good advice. [view link]
  • Longball300
    6 years ago
    Wait
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    Last time I was in NOLA I had too many bad hurricanes and got ripped off. Less than $1K do not something I’m going to cry about, but still non-brilliant. Stay sober enough to not be a complete fool. It is too easy to slip up on that in NOLA. That said, there have apparently been raids on many Bourbon St (and Bourbon St adjacent) clubs. So there are likely to be fewer options. I’d be extra careful regarding drunken clubbing- in the current climate girls may have even more incentive to rip off drunken idiots! Just 2 cents from a drunken idiot! ;)
  • Sam42
    6 years ago
    ^ This is one of the big reasons I rarely drink while at a club. (The other is that I'm usually driving, and I have a paranoia about driving under the influence)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion