tuscl

going to mexico

Friday, March 30, 2018 4:17 PM
I have my passport but a stripper friend does not and we are going to Rocky Point in May. Can she use a birth certificate and driver's license or is a passport mandatory? Anyone know because I find mixed answers online.

14 comments

• impala
    6 years ago
    Passport is mandatory for entry into the United States. That being said, if traveling to Canada or Mexico via land you can get the passport card, which I think is only like $35. If by air or sea, though, she will need the book.
  • impala
    6 years ago
    She in theory doesn't need the passport to go into Mexico, she just won't be able to get back to the states. I hate being said, they won't let her into Mexico without one
  • abqspencer
    6 years ago
    Time for a passport. Yes, the PP card will work, but you might as well get both at the same time if she's getting the card.
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    can i go with you?
  • K
    6 years ago
    You don't have time to get one by may with the standard process. you can expedite by mail for an extra $60 but you need to get that started now if you want it by may. Or you can expedite in person. They asked me to show proof of my travel plans when I did it in person. Pay the extra money and get both the book and the card. My car was accepted at every store in Europe for the VAT refund. I did not have to risk losing my passport book. It has been accepted everywhere in the US or abroad for any time I need to prove my identity other than immigration purposes. If you lose the book, the US consulates will accept it as proof of identity to issue you another.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    In today's climate; one is better off having the right/required paperwork and not risking it.
  • galiziabob.sabbatical
    6 years ago
    @govikings....sure! But she is all mine, get your own girl haha!
  • galiziabob.sabbatical
    6 years ago
    Thanks. I will let her know Monday to get that passport asap and expedited.
  • WetWilly
    6 years ago
    Impala is wrong. Ignore that man behind the curtain
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    I’m my experience, it will take less than two weeks if you expedite the application.
  • abqspencer
    6 years ago
    I got my passport back in 2011 in 2 weeks...non-expedited. I applied well in advance of an upcoming trip, but was surprised to get it so soon. I wouldn't risk it though, and go ahead and spend the $$ to expedite.
  • ButterMan
    6 years ago
    Come on dude...you know that stripper needs a passport! You're paying for everything else pay for to get a passport or just go to Florida instead
  • SuperDude
    6 years ago
    Applying in person at the local passport office and paying the fee to expedite may be your best bet.
  • rh48hr
    6 years ago
    I expedited my passport card last summer and got it quickly. If you are going at the end of May you have time for regular delivery. If it's at the beginning of May I would expedite shipping.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion