tuscl

How dumb can a person be

bang69
North Carolina
I was at the gas station on the way home from work. Next to me was a guy filling up his truck. He had the engine running and was smoking. That was a stupid thing to do. So I can't wait to here what ya'll half to say.

18 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Sounds like a redneck
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Encountered people like that, but it has been decades.

SJG
  • lick-that
    6 years ago
    Reminds me of the vid of the idiot pumping gas, see's a spider next to his tank, and tries to shoo it with his lighter, with the obvious consequences. Look it up on YouTube.
  • bubba267
    6 years ago
    Careful Papi...don’t insult us rednecks. That guy sounds even more dumbley:)))
  • lick-that
    6 years ago
    Matter of fact let me start a thread
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    It's not often that you here of something like that.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    I never shut off my engine when filling up gas.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Clickbait
  • eyeofodin
    6 years ago
    I'm with PaulD... my Hillbilly wagon is a diesel, never shut it off when fill the tank.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Not the smartest thing to do.

On the positive side - it’s good to hear that Juice filled up before running out of gas!
  • Tiredtraveler
    6 years ago
    I was filling my truck in up state NY on night last year and it was well below zero. (my truck is a diesel also) when I heard a popping sound. I looked down and it was so cold the friction on the fuel flowing through the hose was causing static electricity sparks to the metal rim on the concrete curb. The pump hoses had not been grounded. I looked over and saw the same thing occurring on a gasoline pump hose with the guy sitting in his car while it filled because of the cold. I topped off my truck and got out of there. Thank goodness for pay at the pump!
  • Tiredtraveler
    6 years ago
    Note with my Duro-max diesel smoking and sparks are not an issue because diesel is way less dangerous than gasoline. Likely what saved the car mentioned above was the extreme cold that caused the sparks making the gas fumes much less.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    SJG - huffy bikes don’t require gas. You at the gas station buying slurpees and getting a brain freeze again?
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    ^ in SJG’s defense - he did say it’s been decades... he may have been in his mom’s station wagon back in the 90’s?
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    I bet SJG's favorite flavor of slurpee is Coca Cola so cut him some slack
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Zoolander had a great gas station scene.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I watched a guy smoking while setting up a huge arial fireworks display. I was relaxing on the beach, and I moved my chair a good distance away.

I’m from NJ - and fireworks are illegal here - so I know nothing about the potency of commercial fireworks. But it seems like a very dangerous practice - to smoke while handling them.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    If you have read any of SJG's posts you will get a pretty good picture of just how dumb a person can be.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion