tuscl

Over $60 billion wiped off value of cryptocurrencies in 24 hours as bitcoin slid

realDougster
Navigating the post-FOSTA apocalypse
Prices of major cryptocurrencies saw a sharp downward slide Thursday, amid closer regulatory scrutiny on the space and after Google announced plans to ban advertising related to the sector.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/15/bitcoin-…

Buy! Buy! Buy!

7 comments

• max_starr
    7 years ago
    I'm sold out.....waiting on my suppliers to re-up
  • ATACdawg
    7 years ago
    Gee. What a surprise. Something with zero tangible backing tanks. I can't even feel bad for the suckers who were left holding this giant Ponzi bag of crap.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    Yep, and still no one REALLY knows what the millions of computers running Bitcoin "mining" operations are actually doing.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    Joc - They make a huge amount of noise and so far we've lost one tenant and one paralegal due to the noise.
  • max_starr
    7 years ago
    It's funny we talk about the strippers and their problems...and getting suckered.....one of my long time backpage customers calls me for a front on some bitcoin cash just now so she can place an ad and make some money because her dude got mad and took off with her backpack and id.....She's always been good for it, and not that I care about the tiny amount I sent her...but the point is we had this conversation again about dudes who don't work and why do you keep finding these guys and supporting them...and she told me really she just doesn't want to be lonely....so maybe you single guys whose kids are grown up or never had any and no wife do have a sliver of hope....Make her feel unlonely....She went on to say too that there is nothing worse than being with someone and feeling lonely..and I can relate to that...As I am married and feel that way often....
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    @skibum I understand they're a real boon for the electric companies (or a drain on resources depending on your perspective). I know one guy who said his electric bill is up $300/month due to his Bitcoin mining machines. $3600/year. Has "mined" about $600 worth of Bitcoin.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Would you hire someone if you had known that they'd put money in BitCoin?

If the answer is no, how far back in time would your position extend? Are you only refusing to hire people who have lost money, or are your just flat out reject people who support ponzi schemes even if the are the richest people in the world?

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion