tuscl

New St. Louis Area Club

sweetjamesjones
I support the naked hustle
It looks like the Onyx franchise is coming to the St. Louis area. The club will be in Ceentreville, IL which is about a 15 min drive from downtown St. Louis. For those who have an Onyx in their city(Atlanta, Philadelphia, Houston, Charlotte), how are they?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgKuhP0AbFK/…

6 comments

• shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I don't think the Atlanta Onyx is a franchise. It is owned by Galardi South Enterprises, Inc. Their web site is showbars.com. Anyhow it is just a ho hum black club.
  • Michigan
    7 years ago
    $20 before 12?!??!? WTF!

It's at the same location as all the previous failed clubs. Good luck.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Yeah, AFAIK Club Onyx is different from Onyx - they're both black clubs but Onyx is in ATL and Club Onyx is a chain with clubs in Dallas, Houston, Philly, Charlotte (I think the Club Onyx chain is owned by Ricks Corp which owns 40+ clubs nationwide including Tootsies Miami)
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    The Club Onyxes tend to be large fairly upscale clubs with usually above avg looking ebonies - mileage is usually decent, about the same for mixed clubs in its areas.

I use to hit the one in Dallas in the 2000s when I lived there but I haven't seen a review in a while and another TUSCLer mentioned to me it has goane a bit downhill - I had a good time when I visited back in the day.

Visited the Houston location once - a lot of nice looking chocolate and nice vibe, but that was about 5 years ago.
  • PaulDrake
    7 years ago
    @Michigan - later fliers show a $10 cover instead. However I think you can make a business case for pricing an urban club really high. With a clientele base that literally throws money into the air why not price things high to weed out the lower spenders.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    ^the sad part is they pay it and valet fees just to go in and throw money in the air.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion