tuscl

Grocery Store - Pick Up.

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Where I live everyone is a little “late to the game,” but in the past 6+ months all the chain grocery stores are offering to pull your groceries and pick them up for a small charge, and some even offer it for free.

Do you use this service?

I do, but I still go in and buy my produce because they usually fuck that up in my experience.

I just read WalMart is going to start doing home delivery in the next few months in 100 metro markets.

I like saving time but I miss running into all the hot MILFs at the grocery store.

11 comments

• georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    I don’t use it. I prefer to make my own choices with regard to things like produce and meat.

On the other hand, if one does a lot of impulse buying while grocery shopping, it could save a fair bit of money.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I still go to the store. I’m sure it’s a nice service. It might save time too.

Going to the grocery store is one of the few shopping trips that I don’t mind. I can walk to the store - and it’s nice to take a walk without my dog (for a change).
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    No. I like to shop for my own food and pick it out myself. I already spend too much time at home.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    My Kroger has dedicated 6 parking spots for this which actually take up at least 8 spaces up front. they are usually empty. I believe that you can use the service 5 times before they start charging you for it.

I won't use it even though I have a handicapped placard due to my COPD. I am not letting some one pick out my fresh produce and meats and what if they don't have what I want and I have to make a last minute second choice.

The shoppers that I see using it are mostly young mothers. I need all of the walking exercise that I can get.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Juice would prefer you to pick up your groceries so he doesn’t have to bag them when you physically come in. He prefers to sit there and say dream about the babe working register 3.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    I've used it when my schedule is slammed. Very convenient.
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    I won't let anyone else pick out the meat and my wife would never let anyone else select the produce. For these reasons, i don't see us using this service anytime soon.
  • Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    I do, but I still go in and buy my produce because they usually fuck that up in my experience

Milk/Dairy....produce.....and maybe most importantly seafood. If it has an expiration date on it I want to be the one that picks it out.

I saw the same report this morning on the CBS Morning Show about Walmart. I suspect we are going to see them and Amazon going toe to toe over the next three to five years for market share on just about everything.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    ^^^ good point Warren - maybe they should get into the strip club business. Guaranteed drama free blowjobs for every lapdance session purchased!!!!
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    For vegetables and fruit, I tend to get what looks good. Then if I need to pivot and do substitutions I need to figure if I’m going to stop at the little independent Italian grocery store, too, or if I make a substitution, how will that affect meal planning for the week/month not sure if I can articulate that to a personal shopper or if I want to. Ditto with meats. Although I do shop from a LIST.

Plus I get a kick out of grocery shopping with a strip club tee shirt under my jacket. I’d miss out on the wry smiles I get from from of the MILFs.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    While I haven't used such services, I do Amazon Fresh quite a bit. I still go to the grocery store at least half the time, but often I find it incredibly convenient to just order on Amazon fresh. Like many of you, I tend to leave produce and meat to in-person trips, but I've even been backing off on that, having gotten some great steaks on Amazon Fresh (produce is so-so and best left to in-person). They deliver the next day. So, if I'm running out of all kinds of staples, and too busy or tired to hit the grocery store, Amazon will have everything I need on my porch the next morning.... not bad.

I'd rather support the stores directly than Amazon, so as these services spin up, I'll probably try them out.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion