tuscl

OT: Ranking all 32 NFL teams by cap space heading into free agency

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Tuesday, March 6, 2018 4:42 PM
With free agency a week away, the NFL has released the official salary cap numbers for all 32 teams in the league. While the league's salary cap was set at $177,200,000, every team has a different cap number based on how much unused cap money it rolled over from the 2017 season. Here the adjusted cap numbers for all 32 teams, courtesy of the NFLPA… League average: $34,030,061 1. Cleveland Browns: $108,919,295 2. New York Jets: $92,083,128 3. Chicago Bears: $77,532,002 4. Indianapolis Colts: $73,878,001 5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: $73,095,826 6. San Francisco 49ers: $67,029,331 7. Houston Texans: $62,999,974 8. Los Angeles Rams: $53,356,308 9. Tennessee Titans: $49,156,490 10. Minnesota Vikings: $48,097,861 11. Cincinnati Bengals: $35,404,193 12. Washington Redskins: $31,632,697 13. New Orleans Saints: $30,855,967 14. Jacksonville Jaguars: $29,517,573 15. Detroit Lions: $27,724,956 16. Buffalo Bills: $25,637,307 17. Carolina Panthers: $24,466,287 18. Denver Broncos: $23,903,805 19. Los Angeles Chargers: $23,212,918 20. New York Giants: $22,882,780 21. Arizona Cardinals: $20,419,161 22. Kansas City Chiefs: $20,071,333 23. Oakland Raiders: $19,133,959 24. New England Patriots: $16,607,974 25. Green Bay Packers: $16,497,123 26. Atlanta Falcons: $14,813,765 27. Seattle Seahawks: $11,712,310 28. Baltimore Ravens: $9,009,589 29. Pittsburgh Steelers: $5,394,632 30. Dallas Cowboys: $1,578,082 31. Philadelphia Eagles: -9,133,036 32. Miami Dolphins: $-18,529,645 [view link]

32 comments

• flagooner
    6 years ago
    Thanks Papi. I wouldn't have been,able to sleep tonight without that ;-)
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I give and I give
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    LOL
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Is anyone willing to take the Brown's money ?
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Hahahanumber 1 and 2 could double their cap space and be required to spend it all, still isn’t going to help. Man wouldn’t you love to be Minnesota’s management team right now. Amazing results when compared to what they spent.
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    will be interesting to see if we land Cousins
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    GoVikings +1. I think. Hopefully they make the right QB decision.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Papi, Dolphins #32. Does that mean they way overpay for the results, or the results are to be expected?
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    The Browns are FINALLY #1! :D
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    The title says OT. Really, you think ie is "Off Topic"?
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ I put "OT" in the title to keep the patronizers at bay - but I guess it didn't work
  • ButterMan
    6 years ago
    As a bengals fan I know we have more cap space then most but won't spend shit!
  • PeterEaster
    6 years ago
    @GoVikings - displaced Broncos fan here. I have mixed feeling about the Broncos being "all in" on Cousins. Worried about tying up the cap space that will be needed to sign him. May be moot point, as some think Vikings have the inside track. We have the 5th pick in the draft after our crappy season, so I would be happy drafting a rookie QB and building around him a la Eagles and Rams. I like Baker Mayfield's moxie.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ie LeBron the GOAT ;)
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Why do people assume that Cousins will be a great quarterback for a playoff contender? He looks more like Matt Stafford than Drew Brees or Tom Brady.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Matt Stafford is pretty damn good. I don't hear anyone saying he is going to be top 5, and I'm a Redskins fan.
  • realDougster
    6 years ago
    Ahh, the off-season, when every team is undefeated!! I'm hoping this is the season Tom Brady becomes a normal 40 yo QB and falls off the cliff performance wise. Do they test for doping in the NFL? You know Brady and that wierdo trainer of his have got some shady shit going on, when it finally comes out it will probably make Lance Armstrong look like a piker.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I think NE is probably at the end of their dynasty. I also think Pittsburgh and Dallas won’t be so strong going forward for a while, I’m rooting for the Giants as I always do, but the new season is going to bring us some new powerhouse teams. Look for Jacksonville to show some real improvement and Philly is going to be the team to beat.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Watch out for the Redskins!!!
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    25, The Dolphins at #32. Does that mean they way overpay for the results, or the results are to be expected?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @Clubber, My guess is they over pay, kind of like JS69
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    And they don't care, just like JS69.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Don’t patronize JS69 @flagooner
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Last week when I was in Cleveland I heard Baker Mayfield state the Browns are only a player or two away and he is one of those players...........I had a hard time not spitting my coffee out all over my laptop.
  • PeterEaster
    6 years ago
    “Vegas odds peg Kirk Cousins to Vikings all but certain” [view link] Vikings players following Cousins on Twitter? Yeah, it’s a done deal ;)
  • PeterEaster
    6 years ago
    Another rumor is if Denver doesn’t get Cousins, they would try to sign Case Keenum as a bridge QB
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    It's not like Cousins took the Redskins to any great heights, so I'm skeptical about him being worth top-$$$. I recall a radio interview when he was coming out of college and I was impressed with how articulate he was for a college-guy, but he seems limited in what he can do physically.
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    Watch out for the 49ers @#6 with $67M cap room, assuming that factors in the new QB's $28M/year cap number. New QB got starting job with shit OL and shit WRs and led wins (granted, at home) over playoff bound Titans and Jags.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^^I don’t think the 49ers are very well coached that is their downfall.
  • PeterEaster
    6 years ago
    Looks like Denver's going with Plan B: Signing Case Keenum to short-term deal, drafting a QB with 5th pick. I'm okay with it, Keenum is an upgrade to what we've had at QB since Manning retired, and we need to develop a QB for the long term. Hopefully Keenum's not a one year wonder, but more in the mold of a modern day Rich Gannon or Jeff Garcia - late bloomer than strings together 2-3 good years.
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    obviously, cousins is going to cost a lot. but the vikings always seem to have an issue at QB. we never have the same guy year in and year out. this is our opportunity to get a steady QB. cousins has played at a high level for 3 straight seasons and he hasn't had any issues staying healthy. the NFC is tough, so even if we get cousins, it doesn't automatically mean we'll make/win superbowl.........but i like our chances a lot more with cousins........than anyone else who is available
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    Looks like Cousins to Vikings is pretty much a done deal
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion