tuscl

Dancer at Centerfolds strip club in Worcester says she was grabbed, shoved out c

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Saturday, March 3, 2018 5:24 PM
Tip-outs are a big expense for dancers.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2…

11 comments

• realDougster
    7 years ago
    $15 tipout (per dancer) to the DJ? That's just rong.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I think the DJ tip-out @ Tootsies is $10 - but on a Fr/Sat night there can 100-dancers there - that motherfucker is walking out of there w/ $1k just to play so damn music - it's not as if he's the main-attraction and the reason people are there.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    At the Flight Club the tip-out is around $100. If a dancer hasn't gotten many dances, she may be in the red at the end of the night.
  • AmeliaSmith
    7 years ago
    That is crazy. Tip out at all of the clubs I have worked at is $10 minimum to the DJ and $10 minimum to our house mom, $5 to the bouncer when we do VIP, and house fees range from $20- $50 on a weekday and $30- $100 on weekends. There are mandatory days that I have had to work. We get a penalty fee for not working mandatory days in order to work weekends.
  • scgato
    7 years ago
    At tootsies you got the pimps also paying big tips for the DJ to promote his hoes.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    these assholes are friggin greedy...
  • JAprufrock
    7 years ago
    Useless pieces of shit! Any asshole with a pulse can spin a fucking record. Those cock-suckers don't deserve dick. Actually, they deserve dick up the ass.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    I do tend to take a bit of interest in the fee structures at the various clubs i go to. It seems that $10-15 to the DJ is the industry average, although if the club has a lot of girls, $10 might be expected. At a club like PoleKatz in Bridgeview, IL, they can get close to 100 girls on weekends, so the DJ is making some easy big money and has been there forever. Some girls still find ways not to tip the DJ which is another story. The house mom usually also get $10 from every girl,although at bigger clubs with more girls there might be multiple house moms, and the $10 per gets pooled between them.

Some clubs charge $5-10 per dance of every lap dance that dancers sell. If the charge is on the lower end ($5), clubs often charge a percentage (say 10%) of the remainder that the dancer made from dances, VIPs, etc. Rents often start at $20-40, but can progressively increase depending how late the girls arrive. This is usually how it is in the clubs in the south Chicago suburbs, mostly mid-tier to high end clubs. So that fee structure described in the article didn't sound unusual to me.

What sounded strange, was that the tip-out at that club was probably initially like what you would expect at a dive with a very low (relatively) base fee, with just DJ tip-out and they kept everything they made from their dances, and then they switched to something you would find at a more higher end club. Even then, i think the dancer was being hyperbolic/dramatic by claiming that she couldn't pay fees. The increase was $10 ($50 instead of $40) and then they had to pay something effectively like a tax from each dance. Many clubs try to make money from dances; often this is the biggest source of revenue for them, more than drinks or cover charges. I don't know how much dances cost at Centerfolds, but basically the girls probably make about 25-35% less now.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    The Flight Club does not take any percentage of the lap dances. This is good for the girls if they sell a lot of dances, but it is bad if they sell no dances. The tip-outs are a fixed cost to the dancers.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    The mixed-clubs in South FL basically have a 20%/dance tax - dances are $25 and the dancer gives the house $5 out of every dance (the 20% is really coming from the custy but they're clever enough to use the dancers to get it from you instead of asking you directly for it)
  • rockie
    7 years ago
    This place is a dump and a tough place to make a living as a dancer. The increased fee structure will not make it easier on the club, dancer, or customer.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion