tuscl

Diamond in the Rough

doctorevil
Evil Lair
Am I the only one who is getting irritated by this continually recurring metaphor in reviews?

20 comments

• flagooner
    7 years ago
    Yes
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I don't find-it irritating but more along the lines of demoralizing as to what to expect in a particular club (i.e. poor-talent).
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    maybe finding carbon that is being compressed...
  • minnow
    7 years ago
    Not at all, doc. What metaphor would you rather have people use instead ?
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Juice refers to them as "found an unopened Fourloko under the seat of my car"
  • doctorevil
    7 years ago
    “What metaphor would you rather have people use instead ?” Anything else. The diamond in the rough thing thing is trite and hackneyed to begin with, but I see it so often here I am beginning to cringe when I see it again. The Fourlokos is good. The cherry in the bowl of prunes? The flaming hot Cheeto in the toilet bowl? The corn kernel in the turd?
  • ButterMan
    7 years ago
    Yeah I'm not sure why this terminology irritates you LOL I've used it myself to describe a well diamond in the rough or the one girl that stands out in a hole in the wall club for instance
  • ime
    7 years ago
    Or as sanjoselloydschoene says like a forgotten bottle of Chloroform in his pile of zip ties, gags, and duct tape.
  • 79terrier
    7 years ago
    I think the fact that we're looking at improving our metaphors is a good thing, and a sign that TUSCL is trying to improve. Clearly this board is a diamond in the rough.
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    How about "Diamond did it rough"?
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    ‘i found something better’ might work.
  • Pyroxl
    7 years ago
    My vernacular pet peeve is when people say "decimated" for an annihilation.
  • realDougster
    7 years ago
    Shine bright like a diamond
    Shine bright like a diamond
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I'm not looking for originality in writing style, just an accurate depiction of the club.
  • Corvus
    7 years ago
    All I know is that I would never use that phrase anywhere on this site. Never
  • doctorevil
    7 years ago
    I know. Especially not in a title.
  • loper
    7 years ago
    I agree with Pyroxl, the entirely unnecessary improper use of decimate irritates me. As does diamond in the rough at this point.
  • doctorevil
    7 years ago
    Spoken like a true Roman Legionaire.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I used it as the title of a review. I couldn’t think of another way to characterize the dancers body. It’s trite and over used - but it’s a strip club review - not a NY Times best seller.
  • rogertex
    7 years ago
    Guys - Doc is looking for a rough-rider in Diamond Dolls strip club - just like Uprightcitizen states.

.... just so doctorevil's review can say '' ... and finally i met rough in the diamond"
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion