tuscl

Strip clubs and the drug problems...

Monday, February 26, 2018 3:48 AM
Do strip clubs contribute to the drug problem of this country? yes but whos to say if its more then a regular club or not. I certainly dont know that answer. Heres what i do know. Strip clubs provided a large amount of money to girls often with little to no skill set. This fast money doesnt lead to a drug problem but it can definetly feed a drug problem quickly. If you need drugs you will do anything in your power to get them. For dancers this means literally anything. If your job is prancing around naked on a stage for money, sleeping with someone for more money or drug money is not going to be out of the quesiton. Its starts a vicious cycle you strip for drug money and use drugs to forget about the fact that you strip. I dont believe strip clubs in themselves contribute to the current problem more so then any other club but i do believe most strippers if honest have or do use.

16 comments

• 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    Since I consider drugs a real issue I'm going to give a 100% serious answer: yes and no. Yes, they do contribute to the drug problem for specific people. For the reasons you state. No, because the drug problem in America is much bigger than the population that could involve strip clubs. Personally, I am mixed about drugs. Philosophically, I think people should be free to do what they want as long as they don't endanger others by driving while high or doing other things that could injure others while high. On the other hand, drugs can really mess people up and some of that would persist even if drugs were legal. So politically I favor legalizing marijuana because everything I read about it suggests it would result in harm similar to alcohol. Harder drugs should remain illegal but people should be placed in house arrest and have to option to join treatment programs or maintenance programs where drugs are relatively cheap and legally distributed. Putting people in jail is expensive and it makes no sense to me to spend tax dollars and ruin lives for non-violent crimes. There is no perfect solution, but spending tax dollars to lock people up who wouldn't hurt people otherwise makes no sense to me. We're supposed to be a free country. I don't touch drugs, even marijuana, because I personally don't want to directly support the people who smuggle and distribute drugs. I'm also not that interested. Last time I was in Colorado I considered an edible, but it just didn't seem that interesting to me. But I say to each his or her own in places where marijuana is legal (or semi-legal since it is still federally illegal, even though this is definitely something that should be up to states).
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    Strippers, I think, use alcohol and tobacco more than the average person, and they also like illegal drugs. Strip clubs are a place where dancers can buy drugs and use drugs. I would not blame strip clubs for drug problems but drugs are there.
  • poledancer83
    6 years ago
    yes its def present in the clubs
  • Darkblue999
    6 years ago
    If it present in clubs and dancers can buy at clubs cops can easily find it.Righr?
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    Stripping introduces the “stupid spoiled whore,” type of middle class girls to the actual low life, and we all know it enables partying as a full time lifestyle, rather than just a hobby. Honestly tho, so many girls don’t strip for very long, and I have no clue where they go from there. My club cracks down on drugs tho, and actively tries to catch girls using, or selling in the premises. When they get fired, they prolly go work at more lax clubs.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Over the years, I’ve noticed the occasional drug deal going on in the parking lot. The initial contact takes place in the club, likely pre-arranged, then moves outside. The club, with loud crowds, gun screening, and cctv in the parking lot, is ideal for a safe drug transaction.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Abuse of drugs is or alcohol is almost never the only thing going on for someone who is doing so. But the money, the lifestyle, the availability and the stress for strippers makes it more likely that things will get out of control.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I think strip clubs definitely contribute to the drug problems in this country. Regardless where a drug problem/addiction originates - a girl with a drug problem doesn’t help herself by dancing in a strip club. The access to quick money is dangerous. The danger can quickly increase as the dancer learns that extras provide additional money to fuel her drug habit. After a dancer gets into extras - she can find even more need for drugs to numb the emotional toll. In this case - the club can become a gateway to prostitution. With certain customers - they might offer drugs as payment - and that can also push the dancer deeper into addiction. There is also a chance that a dancer will steal from anyone she can - because of her intense addiction. Stealing from customers and other dancers is a definite possibility. So, the lifestyle, and the access to money, both contribute to making strip clubs bad places for girls with drug problems.
  • 79terrier
    6 years ago
    I think it's the other way around. SCs give drug abusers an opportunity to make easy money to feed the problem that they already have.
  • Array
    6 years ago
    One of my more regrettable SC experiences was in Houston. A girl I had done things with in the club once before called me asking if I wanted to come in and have a little fun. I did. While hanging out in the club a little later my then CF showed up, also looking for a little fun. I was honest with the CF, and she was sort of understanding, but CF wanted to know who the other girl was. I told her and CF hit the roof. She asked me if I realized the she was probably in the dressing room right then spending the cash on more drugs. Like the poster above I have never touched illegal drugs, even marijuana, and would not have done what I did that day if I had known where the money would go.
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    Young crazy rebel girls in a party atmosphere...yea I think there are drugs but its not like the result is any different from a nightclub, party or a concert. Put those girls in any one of those environments and I dont see a big difference in behavior or availability of drugs. Hell, they might be behaving better in the strip club since its their job and they need to be somewhat coherant to make $$$.
  • scgato
    6 years ago
    Most girls need to be on something to do this job. They feel uncomfortable being naked in front of that many men so the drugs help them deal with that shit and other bad things they might do.
  • Shadilay
    6 years ago
    Stripping is one of the few jobs available to addicts, so I definitely think drug use is overrepresented in clubs. Though I don't think it is the club that is really contributing in people becoming users.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    This is almost like the chicken and the egg. Did the girl get into drugs before stripping - or did the stripping get the girl into drugs? Two different beginnings to the same end.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    The drugs you find in clubs aren't the drugs causing the most harm in society right now.
  • max_starr
    6 years ago
    In my experience a good number of women working in the SC's have been or are currently addicted to heroin. Because of my own status as an ex-addict and the fact that I'm not "preppie" the girls told me, I have been to numerous homes and even seen them smoking crack and shooting heroin. The fast money of a strip club is like gasoline on the fire of addiction for sure. I can only hope that each of them makes it out like I did. If I think a girl is spending nearly all her money on drugs, I'm not going to give her any more money. That was hard to do as a noob, but easier when you have many more choices available.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion