tuscl

IPHONE Maps tracking strip club visits

Not sure if anyone of you use your maps a lot on your IPHONE but I do to check traffic when I'm traveling. I noticed on certain days when I go to the strip club that it now recognizes the time and day of the week and automatically appears which kind of freaks me out. Anyone know of a way to have my phone stop tracking these visits...

17 comments

• Clubber
    7 years ago
    Turn it off!
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    And remove the battery!
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Or use the hillary method, pound it with a hammer!
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Maybe just turning off the GPS function will be enough for it not to map you locations; although it still knows where you are b/c of the constant pinging to the nearby cell-towers.

Do you use the GPS feature when driving to the club, perhaps this may be doing it?
  • JohnTitor
    7 years ago
    burner phone
  • Salty.Nutz
    7 years ago
    if you have bluetooth in your car and pair it with your phone, it will tell you the exact location of where your car is parked
  • max_starr
    7 years ago
    My wife was using Facebook to locate me in the club...I turned off that shit too.
  • PaulDrake
    7 years ago
    Yes people with android phones have this problem as well. If you go into google maps there is a timeline feature which you can disable. You can also delete an individual day if you want (deleting a specific stop doesn't work).

I have tried turning off GPS/Wifi but as salty.nutz stated even with GPS/Wifi off your phone still can get location data from the car.
  • TippingDollars
    7 years ago
    Thats Paul Drake that is helpful
  • PaulDrake
    7 years ago
    For a while what I was doing was trying to put my phone into airplane mode at a specific spot on the way to the club and then re-enable it at that same place on my way home. That didn't work because of the bluetooth problem and after an orgasm I tend to forget and once left my phone on airplane mode the rest of the day.

I have been thinking about testing temporarily disabling the timeline. But I really don't want to lose the old timeline data.

There is also a way to turn on android developer settings and then force the phone to have a false GPS. I might look sometime and see if there is an app that assist with this because then you could keep the timeline but have a false location.
  • Dolfan
    7 years ago
    I usually turn off location history prior to heading to a club, and then turn it back on. It's effective for keeping that data out of your timeline on android/google, at least for casual purposes. I sometimes forget to turn it back on and sometimes I forget to turn it off first. Sometimes I delete a day, other times I just leave it.

Turning off GPS doesnt work, it does still get location but it gets it from other places. Your car isn't one of them (at least for me), but it gets a good approximate from the cell towers and nearby wifi access points that google knows the location of. eg, if I'm near the club's wifi with my GPS on now google knows where that wifi is & if you're near it it knows where you are if you're near it too. I usually leave it on for me to be close enough where I can tell where I went, but not so close that I have google telling me how many times/how long I spend in a SC. Although I may find that info interesting one day and I have no one to answer to about it now, I don't like the idea of that data existing and potentially being used against me in some unforeseen way later so I make a bit of effort to minimize it.

• ArtCollege
    7 years ago
    If you drive a company car/truck, it may be tracking you without you knowing. The boss may wonder, "Where the hell is Fred?" He pulls up your car's coordinates, then does a Maps streetview and sees the sign showing big boobies.

Probably not a problem, but the boss may double-check your expense report.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Art,

My last 3 company vehicles had GPS in them. Drove them many times to clubs and other places I shouldn't be. Never had a problem in 6 years Biggest thing is to do your job well and have the trust of your boss. I also had access to the tracking software, so I could check the other guys, including the boss. :)
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    Good discussion. Very helpful advice for married clubbers or clubbers who are supposed to be off site while working. I wasn’t happy when my company stopped the free company phones - but now it seems like it isn’t all bad.
  • pensionking
    7 years ago
    Super useful topic!!!

Clearing history now.

I just checked my phone and my past locations can easily be determined. I did not know that it did this! uh oh!
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    I turn the wife/work phone off before I head out to play, and use my play phone while out. Don't care if it tracks where I've been.
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    When I was heavy into clubbing, I used two phones. One strictly for Club contacts and the other was my personal phone.

Always turned my personal phone off and the club phone on and vice versa depending on where my travels took me during the day back then.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion