tuscl

Down Goes Bitcoin!

realDougster
Navigating the post-FOSTA apocalypse
Bitcoin "is down about 17% in the past 24 hours, 38% in the past week and 60% in the past 30 days"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/…

Of course, this is actually an excellent opportunity to buy on this slight market dip, before the next big rally.

Buy! Buy! Buy!

17 comments

• san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    If only we could now execute the people who started it.

SJG
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Fools gold!
  • max_starr
    7 years ago
    Since I exchange Bitcoin for cash and cash forget Bitcoin I really have no choice but to buy and sell all the time..
  • max_starr
    7 years ago
    I do wish it was a little bit more stable though
  • orionsmith
    7 years ago
    It's a great buying opportunity unless it goes down another 18% tomorrow. Then some more. I was reading it was a great buying opportunity above $8000 a Bitcoin, Now Bitcoin is worth less than $6600. That's a big drop in one day. Wonder how the guy feels who refinanced his house to buy Bitcoin at $18,000? Actually I don't want to know. Ouch. Is all I have to say to that. Don't borrow money to speculate.
  • orionsmith
    7 years ago
    I don't need Bitcoin to speculate. The regular Dow and SP500 are plenty volatile right now. Dow futures down over 800 points right now, SP500 down about 86 right now. If a 1500 point drop and then a 700 point rise followed by a 300 point drop is not volatile enough, then have at Bitcoin.
  • ATACdawg
    7 years ago
    Anybody "investing" in a cryptocurrency backed by absolutely NOTHING is a damn fool. At best they will be taking advantage of other fools.
  • orionsmith
    7 years ago
    Dow futures recovered about 80 Dow points in time it took to post that. Only down at 787 now.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    ATAC,

I've asked proponents of bitcoin "What backs a bitcoin?" Usually they say cash money because people buy them. OK, fine. And what happens if no one buys your bitcoin? Can you trade it in at a bank for cash? Can you trade with it in the market? Will a store except it for payment? Of course the answer is no, and they still don't grasp it!
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    7 years ago
    My only question on the burst of the Bitcoin bubble:

Who cleans up the mess when the lemmings start jumping off buildings??
  • orionsmith
    7 years ago
    The people who bought puts on Bitcoin futures and have been selling are likely converting a fortune in Bitcoin to real money with puts on futures.

It's all the retail investors holding the bag. I don't think it's over yet. Probably at least one or two more big runs to suck in more people. However I'm no expert. I lost a bunch of money today in the regular market. Then sold most of it. I probably sold something when market was down 1500 points but my brokerage account was having trouble displaying accurate prices.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Anyone wish to invest in a pyramid? Catalog below...

https://www.google.com/search?q=pyramid&…
  • realDougster
    7 years ago
    Update: Bitcoin fell below $6,000 on Tuesday, extending a steep slide that has wiped out over $200 billion of its market value in nearly two months.

The digital currency’s price slid as low as $5,947.40, according to research site CoinDesk. It has fallen 70% since reaching a record high of near $20,000 in December, a drop that’s intensified in recent weeks following a global regulatory crackdown on the cryptocurrency market.
  • realDougster
    7 years ago
    Bitcoin has become a “combination of a bubble, a Ponzi scheme and an environmental disaster,” a top central-banking official cautioned on Tuesday, referring to the large amount of electricity needed to create bitcoin.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bitcoin-fal…
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^So are you a buyer?
  • realDougster
    7 years ago
    I almost forgot:

Buy! Buy! Buy!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion