tuscl

Blake Griffin

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
I hope his wife doesn't stumble onto this site or she will be really disappointed in the trade to say the least.

16 comments

• flagooner
    7 years ago
    I didn't even think about this, but Nina is probably getting moist.
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    Nobody cares about the Pistons in Detroit.

They moved into a new stadium downtown from Auburn Hills and they still can’t get anyone to attend the games, playing to a half empty stadium most nights.

Even the Red Wings can’t pull attendance at the new stadium like they did at the old Joe Louis.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    I never understood that. Yeah I know, all major cities are pulling their teams from the ‘burbs and building these shiny new stadiums in the middle of the downtown core but do they realize, who wants to go to downtown Detroit?
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    ^I know, right? I much preferred it when the Cavs played b-ball in the Richfield Coliseum than downtown.

I blame Michael Jordan and the ShoeIndustrialComplex.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    That’s a surprise (the trade).

I think the teams will move anywhere they will build them a stadium - that is built using more taxpayer money - and less owner money.

They moved the old NJ Nets from the Meadowlands - to the Prudential Center (in downtown Newark) - then they built the Barclays center in Brooklyn - and they moved the team and changed their name. I didn’t mind the Meadowlands - and I was ok with Newark - but I’m not going across the city to see the Nets play - and I’m not paying the inflated ticket prices either.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @shailynn Not so long ago teams were relocating from the cities to the burbs and people were asking the same questions in reverse.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    If betting and fantasy didn't exist I wouldn't even be aware sports exist any longer. Today's sports are reprehensible and boring. ESPN is to blame of the me, me, me asshole attitude and decline of the games.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    Skibum609 - I can’t watch ESPN anymore. I can’t stand the obnoxious sports center anchors. They aren’t athletes - they read from a TelePrompTer.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    I don't think Blake has a wife, just a baby mama or two.

Good for the Pistons, though. I didn't expect that.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I assumed he had a wife because on the radio this morning they were talking about him having to uproot his family and find a new school.
  • wildbourbon
    7 years ago
    @Cashman

I'm with you on ESPN...used to love watching the highlights but now they spend too much time talking/giving opinions without showing enough of the sports.

They work so hard to be funny and their jokes are terrible. I don't watch any more.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @wildbourbin if you just want to watch the highlights turn off the sound and put on the closed captioning I usually do that even when I’m watching the games I have other things that I do at the same time. Sound off works great and you can pay attention to what you want and ignore the blabbering.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    The "Florida" Panthers lost me when they moved to near Broward County and out of Miami. Tuned a 45 minute trip into about 2 hours. I still had my tickets for the Dolphins even when they moved out of Miami. But when I no longer could foist the $10K off on someone else to buy them. I let them go. Don't miss it. I had Dolphin, Panther, Marlin, The U football and baseball season tickets. All gone and I don't miss it one bit!
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Best way to watch a football game, recorded it and watch delayed. Watch a game in just over an hour!
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    He can send his kids to Cranbrook or Country Day. Both great private schools.

I always thought he had two kids from two different women, but I could be wrong. He was engaged to the recent baby mama but they broke it off.
    7 years ago
    Sports is not about 'sport' it's about money - period.

$750,000,000 upfront for the next NHL franchise, $2,000,000,000 to move the Raiders to Las Vegas, $150,000,000 and up to sign the next baseball superstar, etc.

Where do you think all that money is going to come from? And you thought the strip club hobby was expensive.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion