tuscl

No lie. Offbeat songs you heard at a SC

gothamyte
from that Adam Westsiiiide of Gotham
Tuesday, January 30, 2018 2:08 PM
What are some of the least expected / oddest song choices you've ever heard while at the strips? It was old school night at the strips and the live DJ that night played Candy Girl by New Edition

49 comments

• DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    Stupid Christmas songs on TVs in private room during club's holiday fundraiser for LE. Told manager it was a "boner killer" and he got rid of em.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    The Hokey Pokey.
  • sshrfrsky
    6 years ago
    Mr Wendal by Arrested Development.
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    Few weeks ago heard Need You Tonight by INXS, not offbeat per se but it is 30 year old song.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Last song of the night at the old Atlanta Crazy Horse Saloon "New York, New York" by old blue eyes.
  • AnonymousJim
    6 years ago
    "Candy Girl" has a precedent: It's the song Salma Hayek dances to on stage in front of Jay & Silent Bob as a stripper in "Dogma." So maybe not as offbeat as you'd think. I think I remember being at one club a few years ago that was just plain old stuck in the 80's (I wasn't 21 until the late 90's, FWIW). Yes, there was Hall & Oates. Some clubs will play crappy songs in 2-for-1 promos to try and get you to pay for another song, with good music, at normal price.
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    Adam Sandler, at a medium pace.
  • JackScott
    6 years ago
    Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away
  • orangepicture
    6 years ago
    I'm dying of laughter at the Mr. Wendal response.
  • Jaco2762
    6 years ago
    Jackson Brown's "the pretender " with my hands on a really nice ass. Seemed kind of fitting and surreal at the same time.
  • JohnTitor
    6 years ago
    Being For the Benefit of Mr. Kite. Great song to trip out on in 1967, I suppose, but lame at the good ol' gentleman's club.
  • anon4231
    6 years ago
    I was at a club back in NC a long time ago, and they played American Pie. And they didn't cut it. At the time, I just loved it because it's my favorite song. Now that I'm older and wiser to the way of strip clubs, I realize how much the dancers must have hated it.
  • SneakySecret2
    6 years ago
    Meant to Live by Switchfoot, I used to listen to that song in a church youth group, never thought I’d hear it in a strip club
  • violetvuitton
    6 years ago
    i’ve danced to “gummo” by 6ix9ine before, whole club was having a “wtf” moment
  • IHearVoices
    6 years ago
    Heard 'Santa Baby' at Follies once. The dancer I was talking to and I both had WTF looks on our faces.
  • Eve
    6 years ago
    Akuna Matata, y'know. By the Lion King. Yep.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    It’s probably not unusual for some clubs - but I had a dancer do a set to a few Marilyn Manson songs - and she killed it! Watching her work it to The Beautiful People was amazing! My local clubs don’t really specialize in dance sets - or song selection.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    "Who Let The Dogs Out"
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Clubber - that could make for a great stage show at a fun club! Lots of girls on all fours - and lots of booty shaking and ass slapping!
  • IHearVoices
    6 years ago
    'Who Let The Dogs Out' is hilarious, given what the song is about.
  • booji boy
    6 years ago
    Spanish cover of Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini at a club in Toronto... laughed my ass off when it came on.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    "Nothing Compares to You" by Sinead O'Connor. As I tipped the stripper dancing to it I told her it is not a good stage song and she agreed and mentioned she was too lazy to pick her songs so she let the machine play whatever.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Cash, But would you wish to see those dancers? :)
  • vincemichaels
    6 years ago
    WOOF !! WOOF !! ^^^^ That would be a show indeed !! :)
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    Sweet Caroline...really?
  • Heellover
    6 years ago
    Phil Collins susuedio or however it's spelled. No kidding. Was really played at one (last year-arizona)
  • DroidX
    6 years ago
    I was at a club in Jackson, MS when the DJ played three songs from Disney movies. The bartender/dancer danced, and it was incredibly hot.
  • orangepicture
    6 years ago
    @cashman At my favorite club, there are two girls, one in particular who only dances to late 90's - early 00's mainstream metal. Bands like Disturbed, Evanescence, Linking Park, etc. While I was never a fan of these band (I prefer underground hardcore and metal), she pulls it off very well for her demeanor.
  • rl27
    6 years ago
    Here are some of the more offbeat songs I have heard over the years: One dancer liked to dance to Amish Paradise by Weird All Yankovic. All the other dancers hated it. One of the DJ's in Columbus many years ago liked to pull out weird songs to see if he can trip up dancers, one time he pulled up Tip Toe Through the Tulips by Tiny Tim. The dancer stood still on stage glaring at him for about a 30 or so seconds before he changed the song. I think he would have kept it up longer until the customers started yelling at him. One I always thought was strange to be played in a strip club is Dude Looks Like a Lady, but I occasionally hear that. Another dancer used to dance to a lot of instrumentals and classical music. Ones she used to dance to a lot were Bolero, Wipe Out, O Fortuna. I have also heard the theme to the Godfather, and lots of John Williams Music over the years. Others I recall are: Oh Yeah by Yello Rock Me Amadeus Whip It by Devo
  • theDirkDiggler
    6 years ago
    One club played goofy Christmas music during the holidays. The dancer i was with in the chump station was rolling her eyes when they started it during the dances. One time a long time ago, a dancer was dancing to the complete Cheer's theme. That was something else. I even remember another girl customer asking another customer or dancer in the chump station "is that the Cheer's song?" and laughing. Feature dancers often dance to some weird shit. There's also always some quirky shit a dancer will pick every now and them. Then i've heard offensive death and hate metal and racist songs, i kid you not. One other time, a DJ was teasing a dancer and played Madonna's Like a Virgin. She was annoyed if not pissed and actually left the stage to "assault" the DJ. Okay maybe playfully, but i remember the DJ calling out "security" once the girl left the stage and started charging toward the DJ booth. She did look like the sweet girl next door though.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf. 8.5 minute version. Satin Doll, Providence, RI. Lapdance wise, I got a 2 for 1 I didn't expect.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Clubber - I’ve got no standards. I’ll happily watch two filthy skanks slap asses doggy style! Lol.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Orange picture - I prefer rougher that mainstream metal too. I’ve not seen a dancer get some of that music on stage. I’d enjoy seeing that - as the music could be great for a set!
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Orange, Don't know if you know much TUSCL info about me, so some of this might not make sense. Anyway, I'm in my "on the way home" club sittin' in my spot. Not really paying attention and BSin' with the barmaid. So I hear Du hast come on. WOW! I look up to see who's dancing. It was an Asian goddess. My ATF to this day and that was about 20 years ago.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I’m enjoying the visual of an Asian hottie dancing to the heavy beat of Du Hast - and it’s pretty amazing! Thanks Clubber! Rammstein has some songs that would work very well in a strip club.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    man i’d like to hear almost all these songs instead of some of the late hip hop.
  • gothamyte
    6 years ago
    Du Hast is the shit
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Cash, Yeah, it was pretty amazing. When she came around for the tip walk, she seemed amazed I even knew of it. That's how we started talking and even with the age difference she became my ATF and still is. That's also how I found out she knew my son. Doubt anyone will ever supplant her. :)
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    For the uninformed: [view link]
  • orangepicture
    6 years ago
    I could see Du Hast working in the club. The dancer at my club likes "Down with the Sickness" by Disturbed especially. I've heard it a few times now. If I'm in the club getting some dances in back and the music gets aggressive, I know exactly who is on stage. @Cashman I'm familiar with all those nu-metal bands from 20 years ago because my college room mate tried pushing on me. In turn, I was trying to push bands like Dillinger Escape Plan and Converge on him. The only headway we could make between each other was loving Deftness (which would work in a club), Disturbed and System of a Down.
  • orangepicture
    6 years ago
    ^^ Deftness = Deftones (fucking auto-correct)
  • LeeH
    6 years ago
    Elvis' "In the Ghetto" was played during the 3rd of a 3-song couch dance. I was too ... er um ... into the moment to realize it until afterwards.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    orange, Disturbed could be good and "Sickness" should be one of the better tunes.
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    @ orange, I dance to ‘passenger’. My favorite deftone’s song is ‘bored,” but I haven’t tried it. I think it would be better for someone who uses the pole more.
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    Du Hast is a common song at my club. Maybe bc so many girls do pole tricks.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Bj99, When my ATF danced to it, there wasn't a pole. But I'n sure she made a few.
  • orangepicture
    6 years ago
    @BJ99. I can see both songs working. "Passenger" is very long for a dance song. "Bored" would almost have to be a very deliberate dance style, like holding on the pole and very slowly pushing your rump out (is how I envision a girl dancing to it on stage). Maybe with a slow motion rotation with a slight hip wiggle during the chorus; kind of a fully self absorbed dance style. Give it a try!
  • orangepicture
    6 years ago
    @BJ99. I can see both songs working. "Passenger" is very long for a dance song. "Bored" would almost have to be a very deliberate dance style, like holding on the pole and very slowly pushing your rump out (is how I envision a girl dancing to it on stage). Maybe with a slow motion rotation with a slight hip wiggle during the chorus; kind of a fully self absorbed dance style. Give it a try!
  • orangepicture
    6 years ago
    Double post. There must be a glitch in the matrix again.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion