tuscl

Any interest in awards shows?

Cashman1234
He/Him - He’s a filthy pig. That’s him in VIP with another whore.
Monday, January 8, 2018 12:02 PM
There was an award show last night (The Golden Globe Awards). I didn’t watch it, as I find Hollywood becoming a huge group of self-serving holier than thou types. They love getting awards - and they love to fawn over each other. They think they are geniuses - because they can read a script. Anyone watch the Golden Globes? I don’t watch much TV at all, and I rarely watch movies, so I’m definitely not part of their target market.

14 comments

• Huntsman
    6 years ago
    My sentiments exactly, Cashman.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Thanks Huntsman. I don’t like to be so negative, but I’m no longer a fan of Hollywood.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Yeah. The new tax law is going to be tough on them. [view link]
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Streisand is highly annoying. She seems to think she knows what’s best for the country. Sadly, she didn’t move out of the country after Trump was elected.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Cashman, I agree on not being too negative and I should probably be kind to Hollywood types too. But I have a hard time with smugness and self righteousness from those born with good looks, born with money or otherwise been dealt a full house when they filled their first muconium diaper. I don’t at all begrudge the “beautiful people” of the world but I have no interest in their lecturing. And I certainly have no interest in watching them produce shows to give themselves awards.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    I have two problems with Hollywood; 1) Movies are awful; 2) They somehow think that they have some kind of special political knowledge, when most are of below average intellect. Great news though, next President will be Oprah and we will be known as the limp dicked united states.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Skibum609 - that would be frightening! Oprah as president - Steadman as the first man?
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Hollywood thinking they have some kind of special wisdom to save us is like us thinking we have some kind of special wisdom to save strippers. I have my arrogant moments too but I think it’s best if we realize we are all kind of fucked up, be slow to judge others’ fuckedupness, and try not to make it worse.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Sorry, my last comment veers a bit off a good thread.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Huntsman - the arrogance in Hollywood is dangerous. I think - some actors play the role of senators, congressmen or president - in films and tv, and they begin to think that they could fill those positions in real life. The folks surrounding them help to fuel their arrogance - and then they feel even more superior.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    To paraphrase the late Bill Buckley, I would rather be governed by the first 200 names in the Los Angeles phone book than by the Hollywood academy.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    Awards shows bore me. I tried to watch the Golden Globes and turned it off after 5 minutes.
  • gammanu95
    6 years ago
    The last one I sat through was hosted by Seth McFarlane. I retired on that high note. [view link]
  • JackScott
    6 years ago
    I had to take exception to Sharon Stone's revealing dress. If wearing black was about protesting the objectification of women but then she puts herself out there like that, it trivializes the purpose.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion