tuscl

Sending video attachments to text messages.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Being very old school, I am not up to speed on all of the latest technologies. Yesterday a favorite told me that she tried to attach a video of her stripping to a text message to me but it got rejected as being too big. How big is too big. Just to test my phone, I attached a 1:36 minute video without a problem once My dumb ass figured out how to do it. Are all phones different?

10 comments

• bubba267
    7 years ago
    Big is determined by the amount of data which is only partially driven by length. The other, and more important factor I’d the resolution the video is recorded. My phone will shoot 4k video which creates a huge file even for a short video. Sometimes these files will email when they are too big to send by text.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    And often videos sent from an iPhone won't play correctly on Android.

I use Kik for video exchanges.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Just ask her to email it to you, if that’s okay for you, or ask her to make it smaller. The quality affects size tho, so it’s best if she emails it to you.
  • tristanJ
    7 years ago
    as mentioned, it depends on a number of factors, including what phone you have, what phone she has, and what operating systems each phone have, and the memory size of the video. Probably there was an incompatibility between the two or the size was too big and it didn't go through.

For example, for iPhone to iPhone messaging of videos, a standard resolution video of up to 3.5 minutes in length should go through. Any longer/larger video files will be to undelivered.
    When sending from iPhone to android or vice versa, things could get more complex.
    For example, some people with android phones are finding that they are unable to send any video to an iPhone running iOS11 due to some glitch.
    If she knows how to edit down the file size of the video, she could retry to send it again with smaller file size (i.e. lower the resolution). Or , as mentioned - safest bet is to send it by email or dropbox application or similar.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Perhaps one's carrier may also paly a role?
  • GACA
    7 years ago
    Use Marco Polo app or Snapchat for that type of shit.

Most newer phones can handle it but phones older than 3 years old can struggle
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Thanks. She already has my email address. I think that she is using a cheap burner phone. I'll tell her to email it to me.
  • GACA
    7 years ago
    Problems with email is that it can't send files over 20 megabytes generally which is why apps like Marco Polo and Snapchat exist
  • tristanJ
    7 years ago
    yup, burner phones likely have significant limits. Email may too. might need an app like snapchat or marco polo or dropbox.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Jesus, man, just get Snapchat, it's absurdly simple to use, and I guarantee she already knows how to send videos this way. The poor girl wants to send you naked videos, make it a little easier on her (and yourself -- snapchat is a must-have perv tool)

Downside is that she can't send the actual file, you just get to watch the video once (plus one replay) and then it's gone... unless you get a good screenscraper app, then you can just keep it
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion