tuscl

PSA: CryptoCurrencies: Please Don't Buy IOTA

Sunday, December 17, 2017 7:38 AM
I've seen alot of otherwise quite intelligent people investing in IOTA and that one concerns me. I don't believe their team has the technical skills or the personal integrity to pull off what they claim to want to accomplish. Here's a good summary of the situation: [view link] Be real careful on that one.

34 comments

• twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I didn’t read the entire report but my quick take is that I’d compare it to penny stocks as opposed to blue chips in this case it seems that they are counting on the non inflationary aspect that they think they solved to reduce the volitality I say good luck with that.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Awesome report on many available options. This helps narrow the search.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Excuse me, on one of many options to choose.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    Walton Ripple Metaverse Neo looking into these, still like Ethereum for longer term.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    I very much like ETH. Should have explosive potential in 2018.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    I have been reading a lot about an expected dip near christmas, which might become a self fulfilling prophecy, good tine for some discounts.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Things have been madness lately, it would not surprise me. But, at the same time, unless you have done a very thorough analysis short term trading is very risk versus just #HODL'ing. See where we are next year. Market cap across all crypto of $1 trillion looks almost like a lock. This year I would not have thought that possible until 2019 or 2020.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Does anyone have a chart that shows daily highs and lows by time.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    There are probably better free, public ones, but there's this [view link] GDAX will have them for BTC, LTC, ETH showing the highs and lows in USD.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Not just you. There are people at work who like IOTA too which is very surprising to me. I think it like it in could be wide spread.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Wouldn't it be far more fun just to meet Juice and play some poker with him. I for one would learn much from such an event. Of course I would be expecting to loose all the money I brought. Winning would never be the objective. SJG Ford Class [view link] See the dry docks. Use zoom outs and changing back to maps to see where this is. Newport News Shipbuilding [view link] Huffy [view link] Here is a hilarious movie about a Rev. Ike sort of a character: [view link] They show some of it here, watch how he drives into town in a Rolls followed by an armored car to hold the money. [view link] [view link] [view link] Sophisticated Lady - Duke Ellington [view link] [view link] This has a really interesting melody and harmony. There are fusion jazz versions of this, and they are instantly recognizable, even without the lyrics. This version makes a pleasant change to the lyrics. To my ear, they must have some sort of pickup and amplification on the wood bass, order to get more sustain. [view link] More Patty Austin [view link]
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    SJG: "Wouldn't it be far more fun just to meet Juice and play some poker with him." Hey, you finally said something which is almost intelligent and which I can almost agree with. Yes, it would be fun to meet the Juiceman and play some poker with him. And, yeah, like I think he would end up with all the money. More fun than the markets though? Poker is very slow paced by comparison, and there is only some much liquidity at the poker table.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    At least poker players don't try to reify what they are doing as "investing" rather than gambling. SJG
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Positive sum versus negative sum, dumbass. Did you study any math at all in college? Pass any of it?
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    But it is all just time wasting compared to doing anything actually worthwhile. SJG Oscar Peterson Trio - "Satin Doll" - 1989 [view link]
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Trying to reason with a psycho like you is indeed wasting time compared to doing something worthwhile. Like helping implement a crypto-currency and promoting its usage.
  • wildbourbon
    7 years ago
    San Jose Guy seems like one of those homeless guys in San Francisco who runs around shitting on all the sidewalks. In fact, he's even worse than that. He's not happy just shitting on sidewalks, so he comes and shits all over the internet too. AMPs, strip clubs, and his ex-wife all dumped him like he dumps on the internet.
  • wildbourbon
    7 years ago
    Back to the thread... What's the take on Ripple?
  • ime
    7 years ago
    Like Ripple will be buying some. Like stellar lumen more.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Ripple has the institutional backing which is both a blessing an a curse. I won't touch it b/c of that. I think crypto-currencies are supposed to be something entirely new. But that might just be my own idealism. From an investment POV I think it's a good bet. The great thing about the crypto-currency space as it stands is that not only does it give you a good place to invest, but, if inclined, you can vote for your personal principles.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Buy Ripple and Tequila mix them together it’s called cripple.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    Bitcoin to $100k in 2018
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    I've moved almost entirely into BTC now except for about 0.5 BTC I still have to cover a limit order on something else.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Sorry, meant almost entirely out of BTC into alts now except for that small limit order still remaining.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    I'm similar but I keep some there, and Ethereum is where a majority of long term is, I roll the profits up from the other altcoins and shitcoins that are fun to just play around with but not big money.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Wildbourbon, just coming out of his cave for his once a month glimpse of sunlight. Dougster, still with nothing better to do than his glorified gambling. SJG There is one guy who would always play it differently: [view link] More: [view link]
  • ime
    7 years ago
    Sanjoselloydschoene commenting even though no one cares what he says or likes him at all.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    #lloydschoeneisafag
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    @SJG like I said shifting the power from the big banks back to the people. Supposedly a guy like you should be all for that? Or is your church really just about you thinking you'll finally get laid without having to pay (as I've maintained all along)?
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Banks need to be regulated. Bit Coin is not a bank, its a ponzi scheme. SJG
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    Haters will get the validation the crypticurrencies are bs when the posers and scammers get flushed out. Yes they are there but at the end of the day there will be the legit players left and if you choose to ignore whats going on you will miss out on a new digital economic boom.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    @SJG except you admitted that you don't know enough about Bitcoin to decide if it's a ponzi scheme or not. Maybe learn a bit about a subject before trying to present yourself as an expert on it? Or is that just not how narcissists like you roll? Dumb fag.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Financial speculation is never much more than a Ponzi scheme. No on is missing out on anything by focusing on there own work and their own ventures. When it does crash though, remember not to walk under high rises. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Bitcoin Plunges, Extending Bearish Run | CNBC, yippee! [view link] As it goes down, Dougster making off with all the money: [view link] Usually Dougster prefers face to face scams. Entering town via a Rolls-Royce followed by an armored car to hold all the money: [view link] Dougster learned these tactics when he apprenticed for Rev. Ike. [view link] But since he lost his Rolls-Royce in the "correction" which signaled the end of the Boom of 2015, for now he is fucked. This is why he is focusing on online scams, until he can get another Rolls. Republican Tax Scam [view link] SJG Worst Cities To Live In Every State [view link] Albany Georgia, lowest median home price? Merced CA, near Fresno, also site of newest UC campus. Warren Haynes ­with Joe Bonamassa [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion