tuscl

Strip clubs vs golf

What do you think is the more time consuming and expensive hobby on average? I never could get into golf (just a very unathletic person), but the older folks are often crazy about it. Heck even the older ladies really like it. Just like strip clubs there is wide variety of how much you can spend, how often you go, how expensive the place is, etc. Some clubs charge dues, while most people pay per round. Then you have equipment (various clubs and balls), apparel, carts, fees (green fees, lockers, etc.), food and drink, and tips. Basically a lot of similar costs and expenses as strip clubbing, lol. Although the actual playing time is much less expensive for golfing, and if you're pretty bad you can spend most of your day on one round, lol. I know you could compare it to any other hobby, like skiing, fishing, audiophiles, collecting, hardcore gaming, but golfing seemed like a more natural choice being very popular and a nearly year-round hobby, weather permitting.

28 comments

• shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Golf is just plain boring but there is nothing boring about watching a bunch of golf nuts hit the strip club on their annual golf trip away from their wives.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Golf is something I did as a young man. I haven't golfed in years. It's a fun game to do with friends and commiserating at the bar (clubhouse or strip club) over the fucked up shots you made on the course. And there is nothing wrong with spending the cash you made on side bets while out golfing on Gwen. :) I miss her !! LOL
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Tough call, you can buy a $200 pair of clubs and play a round of 18 for as cheap as $20 plus cart at some courses. You can also pay $50,000 for a membership to other courses plus your green fees and blow a grand on just 1 club, so it varies widely, just like strip clubs.

You can go the $30 LDK82 route or you can blow your entire life savings and even go in the hole over a stripper like Gawker.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    I guess the better question, if you're fan of both, which do you think would be easier to give up? Or which would you cut back on if you had to choose?
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    Morpheus talks golf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZrQ-Ng6…

I don't know how accurate that is, but if he's right, it could be hard to give up and not that different from strip club high...
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    @ PoolyD
    The only legal drinking and "driving" allowed (although it probably shouldn't be), and i'm not talking about the golf cart...
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    For me golf relieves my competitiveness, and allows me to get some exercise outdoors. When I was younger it was basketball Wednesday evenings and softball on Sundays but as I’ve aged it is too much on my old body, golf is a fairly good substitute.
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    I am a fan of both. If I had to give up one I wouldn't. I would golf in the summer and club in the winter.
  • AnonymousJim
    7 years ago
    Good topic. I like both a lot.

More time-consuming? Golf. Nine holes of golf takes about three hours. If I'm spending three hours at a club, I'm either not finding what I want or waiting too long to get it.

Costly? Clubbing. I say this because the fall-off between a really good golf course and your local muni in terms of enjoyment is far less steep than the fall-off between a 9 and a 3 at a club. I get much the same enjoyment from golf whether I'm playing a really good course or a not-so-good one, and it's not hard to find a few deals here and there to play halfway decent courses without breaking the bank. I'm also OK with using my 10-year-old clubs and the el-cheapo balls, since I'll lose them eventually, anyway. Clubbing, even the most seasoned mongers will end up paying at least $100 a trip for decent service, and I tend to like good service.

Easier to give up? Golf, no doubt. I gave up golf for a few years of my life, then picked it back up the last few. I think the longest I've gone without clubbing as an adult is a few months. Most of us are biologically wired to want to be sexual. Hitting a good 3-iron is enjoyable, but our species' survival has never depended on it.

Here's my thing: I have a pretty strong introverted bent. One of the things I like about the club is that it gives girls a straightforward motivation -- money -- to come to me rather than me having to take the initiative to come to them and try and play the game of "what do I have to say/be/do to get what I want, which is really just sex, some intimacy and for you to leave me alone after I get that" like I would at a bar. If I had my way in a club, only the girls I make eye contact with or tip on stage would approach me for dances, and they would do the approaching. The rest would leave me alone.

I like golf because it gives me the chance to be alone, with nature, with a challenge to make myself better. I love that golf gives me the chance to be alone with my thoughts for stretches, even when I play with others (though I most prefer to play alone).

The club gives the chance to be alone until I want companionship, to get the companionship I want for the time I want with the level of privacy I want, then to be left alone after that. That's why I like both.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^three hours for nine holes down here in Florida the starters would kick you off the course for obstructing we generally play 18 holes in less than 5 hours.
  • DrStab
    7 years ago
    I used to play in a few golf leagues and I enjoy the game. I played golf a lot more than I went clubbing. Some friends invited me occasionally to sub in their league and later I found out there were three clubs within two miles of the course! Didn’t even know the clubs were there, until I got seriously into clubbing and of course, reading about them in TUSCL. Next summer, I’m going to double up and do both.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    A man takes the day off work and decides to go out golfing. He is on the second hole when he notices a frog sitting next to the green. He thinks nothing of it and is about to shoot when he hears, "Ribbit. 9- Iron".

The man looks around and doesn't see anyone. "Ribbit. 9-Iron." He looks at the frog and decides to prove the frog wrong. He puts his other club away, and grabs a 9-iron. Boom! he hits it 10 inches from the cup. He is shocked!

He says to the frog, "Wow that's amazing. You must be a lucky frog, eh?" The frog replies "Ribbit. Lucky frog." The man decides to take the frog with him to the next hole. "What do you think frog?" the man asks. "Ribbit. 3-wood."

The guy takes out a 3-wood, and boom! A hole in one.
    The man is befuddled and doesn't know what to say. By the end of the day, the man has golfed the best game of golf in his life and asks the frog, "OK where to next?" The frog replies, "Ribbit. Las Vegas." They go to Las Vegas and the guy says, "OK frog, now what?" The frog says, "Ribbit. Roulette."

Upon approaching the roulette table, the man asks, "What do you think I should bet?" The frog replies, "Ribbit. $3000,black 6." Now, this is a million-to-one shot to win, but after the golf game, the man figures what the heck. Boom - tons of cash come sliding back across the table.

The man takes his winnings and buys the best room in the hotel. He sits the frog down and says, "Frog, I don't know how to repay you. You've won me all this money and I am forever grateful." The frog replies, "Ribbit, Kiss Me."

He figures, Why not? After all the frog did for him, it is a small price to pay. With the kiss, however, the frog turns into a gorgeous 15-year-old girl.

"And that, your honor, is how the girl ended up in my room."
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    I heard on a morning radio show the other day that the #1 lie a man uses on his SO that he is cheating on is that he is playing golf.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    Golf may seem more time consuming, especially if you factor in training, driving practice, lessons even, watching it on TV and reading magazines. But i tend to get similar preoccupation about strip clubs even when i'm not in the club, besides anticipating my next visit. I guess i can pretend like i'm golfing all the times i'm clubbing and look at it as similar (although probably quite a bit more) money spent.
  • bang69
    7 years ago
    I prefer the strip club
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I’ve spent a lot on both over the past 25 years. Probably a bit more on golf - due to club membership and the associated monthly minimums for food and drink (if that counts as a golf expenditure).

I don’t enjoy playing golf much at all now. It’s difficult to act like I’m having a good time with business colleagues I’d rather avoid. Spending several hours with certain folks just isn’t my idea of fun.

Clubbing is fun for me. I do it alone. I can relax. I almost step out of my comfort zone - and it’s great.

My simple view is - golf creates frustration for me - and strip clubbing relieves frustration - so I prefer clubbing.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    LOL jack - that was a good-one
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I would think way more dudes have gone to the poor-house b/c of pussy than b/c of playing golf.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Papi They have gone to the Dog House more often than the Poor House. :)
  • 79terrier
    7 years ago
    Dang, Dirk, you just trying to stir up trouble here? For me, golf is way more expensive. I think I said earlier I'm spending about $400-600 a month clubbing, I spend about 800-1000 on golf. The issue SOs have on golf, is the amount of time spent. Where I play (in AZ) we're talking 4 hours for a round, plus another hour or so BSing afterwards. I play 3-4 times a week, so my $/hr is probably less for golf, just because I spend more time there.

For me, as 25 said, it helps with an innate competitiveness I have. I think it comes from growing up playing sports. Even as I get old, I can play something at a competitive level, and helps blow off some steam.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    I gave up golf to be able to afford to buy a house. There was a 10-hole, par 3 course in Chattanooga that I really liked that I miss. 6 iron and up I could play pretty well, 5 iron thru driver I was hopeless with.

@jack Great story!

I have a 2nd job/hobby that gets me out of the house 9 months a year, makes a little money for me, and can be used as a convenient excuse for days/evenings out and even the occasional overnight. It's better than golf, since there's absolutely no chance my wife will ever decide to take it up, or come along when I'm working (or pretending to work).
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    I enjoy both. golf is definitely cheaper. I could golf every weekend for a month and not spend as much as I do in one SC trip.

I prefer to golf with friends and haven't been able to do it as much recently. I love competing and I love challenging myself to get better.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    @79terrier
    Nah, just shooting the shit on TUSCL as usual...
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    Golf prices can vary along with memberships and you can spend hundreds of thousands buying a house next to a golf course but overall I think most who make either a hobby spend more on strip clubs than golf. Golf is very time consuming. I could get back into it if sone Hooters girls played with me in short shorts or topless but topless is probably against the rules unless you are where no one sees or cares.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    My golf league is $20 a week, and I spend about $2-400 at the club, but if you add up the rounds I play with my kids it probably is about the same. Golf takes around 2 1/2 hours (9 holes) and the club usually 3-4 hours...but it's only once or twice a month. When the kids aren't home I spend a ton more on the club than on golf as I won't go golfing by myself.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    25 - In northern and central florida we expect golf to be 3:30 to 4:15. Golf trip tale: My clubs cost $1,000, 5 years ago. We played 5 rounds at the preserve at indian river with a cart for $200.00. I lost 7 golf balls. $ 28.00. I got 57 dances at the IR - $570.00 plus tip. Golf if less expensive.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^sounds about right needs to be 18 holes in under 5 hours it the starters will start pushing we usually play 18 as a foursome in 3:15-3:45. Start at 7 Am Done by 10:30AM
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    I once used to play 18 holes in about 2.5 hours. I was getting good and so was my boss whom I was playing golf with after work. Golf became less enjoyable one evening when one group from another company played extremely slow, wouldn't let us play through them, and then I made a mistake on a par 4 or par 5. I thought since it was par 4 or par 5, I probably would not hit the golf ball all the way to the green where the group was parked just in front of. I hit a long shot. Right towards the group. I yelled FORE since I was always taught to do so. In hind site should have stayed quiet. The group was real mad yelling and cursing. Probably ruined someone's golf shot. The couple behind us did the same thing in the exact same spot. Missed us. I was wondering if I hit somone but no one said anything when we drove by the group. We went onto the back nine and the manager of the course came out to watch. Saw us tee off and land both balls within 2 feet of the hole on the green on the par 3 in less than a minute.

Manager told us they were angry but let us play on. My boss told him we waited on them for several holes and they wouldn't let us play through. Some people get all bent out of shape. I have an in law that no one wanted to play with because he used to throw golf clubs around when his shot was off. I rarely see guys get that pissed off and annoying at strip clubs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion