tuscl

club parking costs and scams...

Jascoi
mr.wonderful to single moms and college age girls...
papi brings up a situation... parking scams.
"Papi_Chulo
Diamond Dolls in Pompano north of Miami charges to self-park - 5$ to park upfront and $2 on the sides (of tue building) - a doorguy collects the parking charge but he's sneaky and most of the time he does not ask you where you parkeed and just tells you it's $5 - you then have to tell him you parked on the side and that's when he'll tell you it's $2 - but many custies don't know there's a difference and always end up paying $5 even though they may have parked in the $2 areas (the front spaces are often taken anyway if the club is somewhat busy which it often is)"

my experience at belax (bare elegance LA international airport) is even worse due to the city of hawthorne. because when you park anywhere in the parking lot the parking troll charges you $5. so i parked on a neighborhood street. i did not see a wednesday street sweeping sign where i parked. guess what. got a $50 parking ticket. i contested it (with photos) and hawthorne still stuck it to me.

5 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Hawthorne is a ROB
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    There are some clubs down here in SoFlo that have the nerve to still charge you for parking even if you park on the street next to the club, as if the street was their property which is city property
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    Clubs (regular and the one strip club) in Athens, GA do that too.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Papi ... I'd be surprised if it's even legal to charge you for parking on a public street, although I imagine that if you complained to the city, they could just call it something different.

Are these fees for "self parking" different than an entrance fee? And you don't get charged if you arrive via taxi or Uber, I assume? We don't have anything like these charges here, so I don't quite know what to think of them!
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    good idea subraman... butt uber would still cost me a fair amount... where my 600 sq. ft casa is would require a 200 mile round trip to belax.
    and parking fee doesn't apply to club entrance fee.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion