tuscl

Afterwork "Happy Hour" at the Club

dennyspade
Illinois
Saturday, January 13, 2007 12:12 PM
Since I commute from the " burbs" to my downtown work location, I have to consider which clubs are open in the early evening when I get my car from the commuter train station. I've noticed that some clubs do not open until 7 or 8 PM and those that are open from lunch through out the wee hours of the a.m. tend to be in a "dead zone," from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. A few of us guys prefer these hours for winding down, having a few beers and some lappers, before heading home. There seems to be a few clubs in my area which will instill "2-song breaks" between dancers on stage because the day shift and night shift have this lull. I don't know how this effects you guys; it makes me want to seek out a livelier venue. Yea, it is usually No Cover before the night shift; but wouldn't it be better to offer dances as 2 for 1's, reduced drink prices, VIP, etc, as an inducement to get a better crowd in there during "Happy Hour ?" Some of us "aging gentlemen" do not like to hang around the clubs during the bewitching hours, when the young Turks begin to assert themselves. What say you?

3 comments

• ClevelandTom
    17 years ago
    My favorite club is open at noon and changes shifts at 7 so I like to show up around 6, before they start charging a cover. The first shift girls are tired so they aren't as aggressive about getting dances so I can usually get a good discussion going. When the night shift comes on, you can usually get your pick of the girls because they haven't paired off yet with the patrons.
  • alabamascott
    17 years ago
    Personally, I enjoy the "lull" especially when winding down. When a club begins to crowd, that's when I find the exit. But I do agree, clubs should offer better incentives to attract the happy hour crowd. However, when I hit a club, I'm usually alone and I feel kinda odd sitting there alone when everyone else is hanging out with friends and co-workers. There's no strip clubs where I live, so the only opportunity I have to go is when I'm out of town on business. So far, none of my co-workers have ever mentioned going to one of these type of places. Oh well ...
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    My favorite club has happy hour from 4:00 untill 8:00 P.M., witch is great except that is is 240 miles away. My work day starts at 4:15. I leave the house at 5:00. I then work a 12 hour shift from 6:00 A.M. untill 6:00 P.M. When I get off, I am exhausted and only want to go straight home. Have a couple of drinks and go to bed. Of course the time off is great. 3 on, 3 off. 2 on, 3 off. 2 on, 3 off. etc. Starting April 1st that is going to change to 3 on, 3 off. 3 on, 3 off. 3 on, 6 off. Throw in 6 weeks of vacation and 11 holidays and it means that I have more days off than I work. However, on the days that I do work, that is all I do.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion