tuscl

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!

EastCoaster
I strongly prefer women of color. Every color.
I was in Houston recently, and it was only my second visit to the city. During a trip to St. James in 2016 and to Houston Dolls last weekend I noticed something that I have never seen in any other strip club – the girls are required to wear their entertainer's license (or whatever it's called) so that it is clearly visible while they work. Of the seven Houston clubs I've visited, only these two places required this. FWIW, these clubs are half a mile from one another north of downtown near the airport, but at two other somewhat nearby clubs, this was not the case.

I talked to a waitress at Houston Dolls who said she was also required to buy a $300 license and display it even though she was (more or less) fully clothed and does not dance. Not entirely unexpectedly, the licenses display the girls' real names.

I understand that many states and municipalities require strippers to purchase an entertainer's license. What I'm wondering is why are girls at these clubs required to display them – and why not at other clubs?

9 comments

• san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Badges, registrations, its no good. It's mostly a way of intimidating newbies from going into the field. Most young women won't want there to be any such record.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    No legal justification for it, and unconstitutional requirement.

SJG
  • tumblingdice
    7 years ago
    The town I live in requires my dog to wear a license on his collar.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    An unconstitutional requirement?

LOL

• VeryBigDawg
    7 years ago
    Damn, badges are dumb idea .......... and with some of the idiots at the club getting a girls real name could be major problem.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    I wonder if they got busted for having dancers working without licenses and that was a condition of getting off with a warning. Or whether it's just one of those things where the more corporate a club gets it starts to aggressively externalize risk to the detriment of those who come into contact with it.
  • Array
    7 years ago
    I think both those clubs are in Harris County outside the city limits.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Unconstitutional because they are just trying to choke of a type of business, without proving any illegality. So it violates Freedom of Speech. Strip clubs, the visuals, only exist because people made freedom of speech lawsuits.

SJG

Craze 4 Toys, Adult Super Store, 25 E Santa Clara St, San Jose, CA
    has lots and lots of stripper shoes out on display, always full height, always with the straps to hold them on. Lots of styles, sorted on on the display shelves by size, Pleaser and Ellie.

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.3363702,…
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    If you live in a city where you can be arrested for stripping without a license, but not for entering that city/country illegally, it's safe to say that city/country is run by idiots.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion