tuscl

Odd Massage Parlor closings across the country...

rosco2
Missouri

TrojanGreg wrote, "Just before Christmas they raided...and closed
about 15 [Clayton County AMPs] permanently."

That's interesting because here in Columbia, Missouri ("Tiger Country"
100 miles west of Saint Louis), police raided and closed 2 long-established
Massage Parlors: Lynn's and Fuji's. Lynn's Massage Parlor had operated
for at least 12 years, if not a lot longer. Same thing for Fuji's Sauna.

Like in Georgia, this happened a week or two before Christmas and a
week or so after. In the month of December a year earlier, they raided and closed a third.

What is going on? Is there a nation-wide connection? Do other people
know of long-time operating parlors that have been shut down suddenly? I mean these parlors had been open forever. I really miss visiting Lynn's.

This seems kind of odd. Could the Bush administration have coordinated a national "close-the-parlors" campaign?

Columbia has had the same mayor and police chief for many, many years, so I don't think they instigated the closings. If anybody has ever
been to Lynn's, you know how good it was.

4 comments

• rosco2
    18 years ago
    Fuji's and VIP were AMPs. Lynn's was a regular MP.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Around here the number of massage parlors has been increasing, not shrinking. And I bet that's true for the country as a whole, every segment of the sex industry seems to be growing. A new AMP near me was raided a couple years ago and it simply changed names and moved down the road to the next township where it's been going strong ever since. It's a local thing, every area is different. AMPs seem to come and go all the time and have been doing so for many years. I don't think national politics has much to do with it.

With maybe one exception. Several of us have noted previously that in many aspects of our society the middle is shrinking while the extremes are growing. I think that's certainly true of the political spectrum, and that may account for what you are seeing with AMPs in your area. I think both conservatives and liberals are growing in number while moderates are becoming an endangered species. And not only are conservatives and liberals increasing in number, they're both becoming more extreme. So if you live in an area that's becoming more conservative, that may be a factor in AMPs closing.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    I don't really see any connection between closing down some massage parlors and trying to increase military enrollment. The last massage parlor I saw was in a military town and that was years ago. Seems more like some politician wanting to claim some type of family values campaign and he's cracking down on something that he/she is claiming to be anti-family. I really doubt that very many voters even worry or think about massage parlors. The politicians are wasting their time in my opinion. I don't know, maybe the police have too big a budget and they want to be seen busting up a place since they don't have any real crimes they have solved. I don't have any idea unless it's related to something I said.
  • rosco2
    18 years ago
    About 10 years ago I had a session at Lynn's with
    a lovely young woman who mentioned that she had tried to join the
    military, but was refused--or had been told to try again later--because of
    a DUI or alcohol-related charge.

As unusual as it may sound, is it possible the Bush
    administration is trying to increase military enrollments by closing
    down parlors? You know that they've been having a hard time meeting
    enrollment quotas.

I'm not saying working at a massage parlor is a life-long career, but
    it might help some young women over a hard financial hump in their life while
    they try to find a good job. Without an available parlor, perhaps they'd be
    more inclined to sign up for military service during a period of hardship?

Anyway, does anyone else know of sudden and unusual closings of multiple parlors that have been open for years and years in their towns?

Columbia, Missouri, has been decimated parlor-wise this past year, and we heard TrojanGreg's story of multiple closings in Clayton County, Georgia.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion