tuscl

Keeping up the PL Image

DougS
Florida
Okay... the big Valentines Day is coming soon, and for us PL's, that's typically a day to buy something for our faves and/or ATFs. That brings up several questions...

What to buy?

Flowers? I don't want to send flowers because it seems like a waste; they just die anyhow, right? Plus, EVERYbody does flowers, right?

Balloons? I've done balloons for birthday (and cookie, too), so I don't want to repeat that.

Candy? well, seems like an un-original idea.

Teddy-Gram (from Vermont Teddy Bear)... that seems like a decent idea, and I'm kind'a leaning towards it, but she DOES have an SO, so what would she possibly do with a teddy bear? She COULD give it to her small daughter, I guess, but then I'd have to be careful not to send a bear that obviously was from a guy (ie Loverboy Bear, or Gangsta of Love Bear), right?

Another question. Have any of you other PLs out there ever sent something to a club for one of your faves / ATFs? If I sent a bear or flowers or whatever, doesn't it seem like 20 other PLs are going to be sending something to the same club? If so, then I think it underlines, bold faces, and italicizes my name as being a true PL, amongst the other PLs.

What's a PL to do?

2 comments

• FONDL
    18 years ago
    The only thing I've ever given my ATF at a club is a card and maybe a little extra in her tip. If she wants a gift she has to go with me and pick it out.

I haven't given her anything yet for either Christmas or her birthday. We'll go shopping when next I visit, which will be pretty soon. I discovered long ago that she'd rather pick out what she wants. And fortunately she doesn't have expensive tastes.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I've never done anything for Valentine's Day for a favorite dancer. For an SO, I usually send flowers and chocolates and maybe take her to an expensive restaurant. It's a tradition because it's what many women like. And flowers are cherished because they die. Originality isn't the point of rituals like this IMO.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion