tuscl

Burner phones

So the discussion about giving strippers your real name or not had me wondering how much PLs and TUSCLers in particular valued their anonymity, possibly even more than strippers, who more often than not are not using burner phones when giving out their number in my experience. So if you have a CF, ATF, DS, OTC date, club regular or any stripper that you have to contact for appointments or meetings ITC or OTC, do you have/use a burner phone?

For me it just seems like a hassle to deal with another phone that i would use only for that purpose as well as unnecessary expense for a halfway decent one with a halfway decent plan for something that may see very limited use for most people. But my situation being single and unattached tends to lend itself to not caring much about that as no one besides me ever uses or sees my phone. And no, i don't worry about being google searched either no matter how crazy strippers might be, but if a particular stripper seemed not all there upstairs, i wouldn't take her number let alone give her mine for all various reasons.

25 comments

• Huntsman
    7 years ago
    I know it's kind of a hassle but I prefer to have a burner phone. Prepaid cheap phone paid for with cash. If I misjudge and she turns out to be bat shit crazy, I would be glad I had the burner.
  • Doces300
    7 years ago
    I use the burner app on my phone, if things go south I can just burn the # I am using and start a new one. With the app there is not another phone for my wife to find and the app is protected by fingerprint entry. Has worked great for me so far. It has unlimited texting and calling on the app for $3.99 per month.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    I used to keep a burner phone paid in cash when I first got back into this hobby but I didn't end up using it. I think the burner apps for a smartphone would be fine. It's for texting purposes. I wasn't sure if I'd be getting calls in this hobby or not. Now I know.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    I have a 2nd phone. The phone itself was free - got it from someone who upgraded. It's same brand, but 2 models back of my regular phone. It is about the same size, color, and has similar case as my regular phone. So, you can't really tell which one I'm using. I also have a legit reason to have multiple phones laying around or in my possession.

I don't use normal phone for any play stuff. I use my play phone for as little work/family stuff as possible (eg data based apps such as email or GroupMe).

If I only played once a month or less I probably wouldn't bother. It has come in very handy though, especially since I started chasing SA girls.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I have a burner/separate phone for my otc dancer texting. I know the chances are rare (that a dancer will go nuts and try to do something crazy) but I want to be safe.

It's a concern that a dancer might try to extort money from me. I don't have anything to hide - but I do have a significant base of assets (and no debt) - so I keep the burner (paid for using cash) as simple insurance against a crazy dancer.

I'd rather be paranoid - than poor - lol!
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    Another point. I've been encountering OTC strippers and SA girls that are willing to let me take pictures and videos. No way that's going on my regular phone.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    There have been a bunch of recent conversations on this topic... There's plusses and minuses to burner phone versus second-line app on your main phone. For me, second-line app is by far the right answer
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    @Cashman1234:yes, extortion was a concern of mine, too. That was why I went ahead and got the phone as insurance. I can't tolerate blowback into my family life or put assets in jeopardy.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    Dominic77 - it seems to be a small inconvenience - or a small cost - to remove extortion concerns.

It's a concern for me regarding my corporate banking life. If my monger lifestyle was discovered by my coworkers - that could be very damaging.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    Extortion is the least of my concerns; i'm wondering how a dancer could possibly extort me based on my situation. But a dancer falsely accusing of sexual crimes; i don't know if that is common at all and they don't necessarily need your phone number, but just a description to do that i guess. Armed robbery, maybe even less likely. In the end it guess it just depends how much of a trusting person you are or how trustworthy the dancers are...
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I guess I'm dumb. I use my regular cell.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    ^^^ doesn't make you dumb as long as it is an informed decision
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    I use Google Voice and the Google Hangouts app. Google Voice in and of itself is good for texting and calls, but if you want to send or receive pics you need to use the Hangouts app in conjunction with it.

Having Google Voice/Hangouts has come in handy in civilian life as well as I have used it a couple of times when I forgot my phone at home rushing out the door. I was able to go online and still contact people and let them know I forgot my phone and how to communicate with me.

I don't have a SO to hide anything from, so the fact people know I use it is not a big deal. I just tell them I use it as a backup for emergencies which is true. Plus its free and I can use my regular smartphone (no need for a second phone).

The main reason to use it ITC is so a dancer can't look you up online.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    I have a cheap Android 2nd phone and dirt-cheap Tracfone support, which works out best for me since my wife might see my primary phone. Also use "TextNow" which has free text and VOIP calls if you are within range of WiFi.
  • lick-that
    7 years ago
    Sideline went paid subscription yesterday so I need a new service. Anyone can recommend a free app with MMS/ picture texting to save me a search on Play store would be appreciated.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    I went with TextNow yesterday, dropping sideline. After just one day, it's working fine but honestly I'm still not even sure how it works. RM, sending texts on TextNow costs money if you're not on the wifi? Maybe I should just try that right now and see what happens...
  • Dolfan
    7 years ago
    I mostly use my regular cell. I have a google voice number I give out when I'm on the fence about a girl, but thats pretty infrequent.
  • magicrat
    7 years ago
    You can now send and receive pics on Google Voice. I use GV and delete the app on my phone right before I get home.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    I use my regular cellphone, but looking at the replies I'm thinking maybe a 2nd phone or Google Voice wouldn't be bad! But then again I don't give my number to just any stripper.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    I also received a message from wallanon about GV now receiving pics. So I amend my comments. Appreciate the update!
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    ^ Fishsticks says he uses his regular phone too. Yeah, I must be dumb.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    I use a separate burner phone to keep my strip club stuff air-gapped. I don't trust any of the burner apps to not interact with my personal data.

For the younger guys saying "I'm single and have nothing to hide", I'm going to suggest that this will not always be the case. And these phone activities have an odd way of sticking around forever.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    For you guys who use Google voice, I think it's likely a perfectly good solution most of the time.... but some of the for-pay reverse lookup services have pretty decent databases on mapping google voice to real names. Most strippers wouldn't use such databases, I imagine; and, as long as you've been careful, there's no way to have mapped your real name to a number.

I realize I'm more on the cautious side than most, but I pay a couple of bucks for a reverse lookup on my ho line every year or so, to make sure they haven't figured out my real name
  • Conundrum
    7 years ago
    I feel behind the times, does using a P.O. box, stamps, and the USPS still count?
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    Reading some of these comments... i wonder what some strippers might call such overly cautious behavior. Maybe not creepy, but reverse creepy or something? Definitely something on the other spectrum, just saying...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion