tuscl

Mass Shootings/Terrorism

skibum609
Massachusetts
Do mass shootings and/ore terrorist actions have any impact on how you live your life? Examples: Every year on patriots day I go to the Red Sox game and after it is done I walk over to watch the Marathon. I was there for the bombings and every year both prior and subsequent. We have plans to go to Vegas in 8 weeks and will keep them and change nothing. What about you?

13 comments

• jackslash
    7 years ago
    Not much impact. I still do whatever I want to do. Right after 9-11, I went on an international vacation that I had booked far in advance. I felt apprehensive but I did not let the fear stop me. The biggest impact, I think, is all the increased security and bag checking, which can be a pain in the ass.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I’m usually aware of what is going on around me but I will never use these incidents as an influencer on what I do.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    The terror acts don't stop me. They make me more aware of my surroundings, and they give me an uneasy feeling sometimes, but they don't stop me from going.

A few years after 9/11 I took my young daughter to see them inflating the balloons for the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. The crowd must have been 10-11 deep, and it went on for a few blocks. I was thinking of how we could get out if something happened, and it didn't seem possible, and that wasn't a good feeling. Nothing actually happened, but it's something that I think about now.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    It has not caused me to cancel plans or trips. But, I'm absolutely more situationally aware when I'm in crowded places.
  • Doces300
    7 years ago
    It has not changed the way I live at all. The area I live in is unlikely to be on the terrorist radar. So I feel no apprehension living my day to day life. I fly when travel calls for it. I have never been a fan of crowded venues such as concerts or stadiums so again no real effect on the way I live.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Nothing has changed and I still don't plan to buy a gun.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Ain't changing a god damn thing I do because of psychos and terrorists.
  • londonguy
    7 years ago
    Don't let the bastards change your plans on your lifestyle. Unlike a U.S. guy I met recently that cancelled his stay in London for fear of a terrorist attack.
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    Not at all and never cancelled any trips for this nonsense. In fact security is tighter after these events so there is a lower chance than normal of getting shot or blown up. Riots/civil unrest is something else...
  • Tiredtraveler
    7 years ago
    Other than being more aware of my surroundings no. I have always avoided crowds and large cities when ever possible. I stopped going to concerts decades ago. Now days if a gunman get up close and personal I plan to shoot back.
    I think that is why these cowards choose "soft targets like children, "gun free zones", gun free countries, surrogates, or use long distances and/or wmd's to do their dirty work.
    The media (news, movies and gaming) has made murder fashionable. The puppet masters behind the scenes play on the weak minded and play up minor slights to convince the imbalanced to plan and play out scenes like Los Vegas. I would be shock and surprised if this nut job did this without any outside help or influence.
    The average shmuck can't just convert a semi auto weapon to fully auto or buy on at the local sporting goods store. I wonder if those machine guns were from the "fast and furious" scheme the previous administration forced legitimate dealer to trade in illegal arms supplied by the government that went astray when the scheme went sideways.
    This guy planned carefully, there was little that could have been done to stop him and if you think that "gun laws" could have stopped him you are a fool or stupid. He had illegal weapons and he either bought them illegally or hired someone to illegally convert them. Converting a semi auto to fully auto(those machine guns were not "bump-fire" they were fully auto) REQUIRES gun smithing skill and a machine shop!
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    No, it doesn't change the way I live my life.

If you're talking about the kind of violence that occurred in Las Vegas, it's just plain depressing that we can't enact better gun laws like they have in the UK. Nothing really changed after Sandy Hook. If children getting slaughtered didn't change the status quo, nothing will. I've given up hope.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    NRA came out with statement today that they will not oppose additional regulations on bump-stocks. So maybe some good will come out of this.
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    Mass shootings, stupid politicians do affect my life. I plan on posting on here. I will try to refrain from posting too much though. I prefer talking about nice tits and strip clubs.

After 911 I was wondering if one terrorist looked like someone I knew in college. I thought again, can't be, that would be crazy. As far as places I go, I like for security to be in place. However I expect others to do that job.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion