tuscl

Who says Christians are killjoys?

ATACdawg
Thank God Trump is FIRED!!! Lock him up!
In honor of the upcoming 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation (November 1, 1517), I offer this quote from Martin Luther:

"He who loves not wine, women and song
Remains a fool his whole life long."

I hope this will improve our image here on tuscl!

ML also said, "Sin boldly, and count on the grace of God!". :-D

3 comments

• whodey
    7 years ago
    Words to live by
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    The Protestants dumped the best of Catholicism, because they didn't understand it. Then they magnified the worst parts many fold.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Like Nietzsche explained it, without the Reformation, Christianity would have likely died off. Or at least it would have receded to the margins. But because of Luther, or I should say because of those who wanted to use his movement for power, the worst of Christianity got restarted.

In the spiritual history of mankind, John of the Cross atoned for Martin Luther, and Ignatius of Loyola atoned for John Calvin.

And then this worst of Christianity gets restarted over and over with each new generation of evangelical idiots, getting saved, and then proselytizing.

Thomas Jefferson tried to outlaw the practice of organized religion, in the state of Virginia Constitution. Eventually people convinced him that that was not practical. But from this we get the First Amendment doctrine of church and state.

Religion is the opiate of the masses.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion