tuscl

OT: Media Vilifying North Korea

Lone_Wolf
Arizona
Anybody else notice a major uptick in the media vilifying North Korea?

Impossible to quantify but it seems I'm seeing much more "North Korea" is evil articles than the norm lately. Articles about rapes, execution, extortion, etc...

Thing is, this same thing happened before both Iraq wars and Afghanistan.

7 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    Because tensions are rising, the media is looking for content to keep the story alive between missile tests.

The stories about rapes and executions that I've seen have all been connected to the recent defection of Thae Yong Ho, a NK deputy ambassador to the United Kingdom.
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    Yeah. I remember I bought into the whole WMD thing. Was convinced Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Then come to find out... not so much. But we sure did get a war out of it and spend a shit load of money on getting rid of their "weapons of mass destruction."

Never again. I'm skeptical of anything now from our government and I always think they are spinning things for some type of reason in their favor. Like to distract the public from something else, or to divert our tax dollars to their buddies in some type of industry, I don't trust anyone in government anymore.
  • londonguy
    7 years ago
    I assume Trump doesn't object to this then?

As for Iraq, had Saddam not invaded Kuwait I don't think they would have happened.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Well there’s two things to consider. Can NK really send something to hit the USA? Probably not but you wanna bet a few million lives on that?

I’ve read that NK has the capabilities to send over bombs that just knock out power for a few days. Doesn’t seem like a big deal right? Just imagine the chaos if LA didn’t have power or cell service for 3 days!?!?!

A lot of media speculated Kim is just paranoid he’s going to be the next Iraq and is being flamboyant to protect his image.

He should worry about trapping his people in, shut up, and everyone outside of NK would probably leave him alone.

It’s a shame how brainwashed the people over there are.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    The increase in NK vilification is primarily related to filling the 24 hour news cycle. Since they can't put legitimate reporters on the ground (in NK) - they must run the previously created reports - and those reports are largely focused on the prison camps, rapes and other speculation. I'm guessing that the NK files are a bit limited - and they will probably start to repeat them.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I'll say this I don't know that increasing sanctions on NK is going to do much if anything, anyone old enough to remember or anyone who has looked at history of the twentieth century would be able to tell you that The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor was preceded by crippling sanctions imposed on Japan, just saying not interested in debating
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    I don't agree the media is "vilifying" NK any more than usual, but there's a lot more reporting on them since Trump is threatening WW III as often as NK does these days.

I do see media blurbs on how poor, repressed and hungry NK is; that's just telling the truth.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion