tuscl

Evolution: Is The Female Orgasm Just As Worthless As Male Nipples?

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 7:01 AM
There's about 5 minutes on this topic starting at 11:45. [view link] The gist of the talk is the male nipples are a leftover from the female, and the female orgasm is a leftover from the male. Both are worthless in terms of evolution as neither provides an adaptive advantage in reproduction. See Dougster? I'm not just a pervert, but a Darwinian pervert.

22 comments

• Dougster
    7 years ago
    Reminds me of a joke from an old buddy of mine: Q: "How can you tell if a woman is faking her orgasms or not?" A: "Why would anyone care to begin with?"
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    I thought the cervix opens up a little and the womb moves down during orgasm, which increases chances of pregnancy.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    Supposedly the female orgasm does help in facilitating bonding. Which could (or could not) have evolutionary advantages.
  • FTS
    7 years ago
    I did not listen, but the topic reminded me of this website, which gives an explanation for male nipple pleasure, female orgasm, along with many other senses and emotions: [view link]
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Those bonding chemicals make ppl more protective to those they are bonded with and also more aggressive to outsiders.
  • NaturalSelection
    7 years ago
    BJ, I think you're speaking to the 'sperm up-suck theory' and the speaker covers that topic. It's been debunked. (I cant believe I'm talking to a stripper about sperm up-suck and not negotiating on a bbbj.)
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Hmm. Maybe it just goes w being turned on, and the sex feeling good at all, so that she stays put and gets wet. Doesn't make it worthless, but I can see how the actual orgasm could be left over then.
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    I would expect that women that have orgasms and enjoy sex to be more succesful at having children. Thus propagating the gene pool with the female big-o gene. If she enjoys sex she will make herself present, sexy and available to a male. Those that dont will simply not make an effort to be in the presence of a potential mate. Men being the lazy bastards we are would rather mate with available appealing girls vs finding the ones who just dont try and dont look good. Pretty simple really... Now male nipples...cant explain that one other than its just some kinda pre-natal thing that has to form before sex orgsns develop. Any Dr.s here?
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    good point.
  • K
    7 years ago
    College anthropology was way too long ago. Before most of the strippers I see were born. I may be misremembering and there has probably been much work in the field since then. The female orgasm consumes quite a bit of energy. If it did not serve a purpose it would not have evolved. That does not rule out the female orgasm being a co opted male orgasm. As for male nipples, it is easier to have one general blueprint with fewer deviations. The nipples do not take up much in the way of resources and do not make us much more vulnerable so there is no pressure for them to evolve away.
  • lopaw
    7 years ago
    The question of the "worthlessness" of female orgasm could only come from a man, lmao! Female orgasms and male nipples have been around for...oh....something like 200,000 years. I don't see either one going away anytime soon. And txtittyfagDOT does bring up a great point.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    Scientists are not exactly the circle I would trust on matters of the heart and vagina. As far as I'm concerned, it definitely piques my interest when she heats up and her squeezing milks out the grease of evolution's gears. I wouldn't expect scientists to have any knowledge of this, since they're probably spending most of their free time figuring out the ideal cleaning solution for their fleshlights to avoid SPS.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    K, I think that was one of the earlier theories lol; that a content tired women was more likely to lie around and let the sperm soak in.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    At least, I heard that in bio anth, but I think for some reason my professor said they didn't think that anymore. This was awhile also tho.
  • LecherousMonk
    7 years ago
    Ever watch animals fuck? It's more often painful than pleasurable for the female.
  • LecherousMonk
    7 years ago
    Also, we all begin life female, in the womb. Then male fetuses get hit with a ton of itra-uterine testosterone, turning their nascent clitorises into baby dicks.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    I don't think orgasm helping conception has been necessarily debunked, I just don't think there's enough scientific data to make a correlation regardless. At any rate, orgasms inscrease blood supply and release hormones so who's to say that doesn't help with conception? And whatever, orgasms release dopamine and increase endorphins so they are very important. Lol.
  • K
    7 years ago
    Bj99 I wasn't proposing a conclusion on why it exists, only that there must be a reason for it to exist beyond it being a left over from the male orgasm. In evolutionary theory anything that costs energy is selected against. The female orgasm must provide more of an advantage than it costs or it would not exist. We know there must be a advantage, but what is that advantage. As far as I recall, no one had come up with a solid advantage that outweighs the cost in energy and added complexity.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    ^ I'm sorry. I wasn't actually disagreeing w you. It's not a subject I'm any sort of expert in. That's just what I remember from bio anth, but it was about 10 years ago for me.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Female orgasm is very important: [view link] SJG
  • DoctorPhil
    7 years ago
    the female orgasm is nothing more than an extension of that well known condition that afflicts women and san_jose_guy, larryfishstix, txtittyfag(dot), and zipperhead: penis envy
  • DoctorPhil
    7 years ago
    @txtittyfag(dot) of course i know all about it. i'm a doctor. now i don't usually treat dykes like you but call my secretary for an appointment and please leave your denial at home
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion