tuscl

[OT] Ray Dalio: Now is Broadly Similar to 1937

Do you agree with him or disagree?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/21/ray-dali…

8 comments

• Mate27
    7 years ago
    The biggest problem we have today is the media, and everyone's fascination with trying to become famous by making bold proclamations like this.

There's no way the author can make a comparison, and of course I didn't read the article, just the headline. FWIW, I find anybody on this site commenting on politics just as deplorable, for all politics are local, so when you start comparing your political insights of a large scale onto others with more specific interests, then it's a practice of futility.

The author is practicing futility in this article.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    I think the big difference now is the economic boom and the fact that it is probably starting to accelerate as technological advances do the same.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Well you could make a comparison, but the time from the past in comparison to now would need to be sped up tremendously. In other words, what events, happened in a year back then might only be a weeks worth of events, in our new era. Everything now is on a 24 hour cycle, and events are almost broadcast )known) all over the world, so the comparison would be very difficult at best.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    BTW Your boy Dalio is another guy pushing Gold as a hedge I think he is a secret end times fan.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Who's gonna be the Axis and the Allies this time around?
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Fascism always runs by making scapegoats, as well as by military adventurism.

So it will be racial and religious minorities, immigrants, the poor, and the so called 'mentally ill', and in many ways it will also be children, who are held up and used to make people accept and support authoritarianism.

And then it will this never ending war against terrorism, and against Islam.

Collapsing these Ponzi markets is the best thing which could possibly happen. Its not doom and gloom at all, its a return to sanity.

The lie has always been that this pattern of market inflation is good for everyone. It really isn't good for anyone. Sooner it all collapses, the better.

People go along with it, because they don't know how to fight it. But eventually there are conflicts and real issues, so people have to fight.

So bring it on! Just don't walk under high rises.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Loan Delinquency Rates Not Seen Since The Housing Crisis, UK Bank Failure
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJGtm7XW…

Bring this ponzi scheme down!

The sooner it comes down, the better. Just don't walk under high rises.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion