tuscl

OT: NBA

larryfisherman
California
The upcoming NBA season is 2 months away.

Here are my top 20 players in the league right now.

1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Kawhi Leonard
4. Stephen Curry
5. Russell Westbrook
6. James Harden
7. Anthony Davis
8. Kyrie Irving
9. Karl Anthony Towns
10. Giannis Antekounpo
11. Isaiah Thomas
12. John Wall
13. DeMarcus Cousins
14. Chris Paul
15. Paul George
16. Blake Griffin
17. Klay Thompson
18. Jimmy Butler
19. DeMar Derozan
20. Damian Lillard

Any disagreements?

27 comments

• rockie
    7 years ago
    Pretty solid player rankings!
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I'd sooner watch an ugly stripper on stage!
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    LMFAO Shadow.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    NFL Football first please.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    ^^^^^^^^
  • ButterMan
    7 years ago
    no disagreement the king remains on top!
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    agree with 25. more excited for football plus there's too much money in the NBA. everybody gets paid nowadays regardless of anything else. back in the day for the most part you either got paid big $$$ and you were "the man" or you sacrificed huge money and had a stacked team. Tim hardaway Jr. is making more than Julio jones and tom Brady. smh.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    oh btw Larry I disagree with you're ranking.

Giannis antekoupo and Karl Anthony towns top 10! no way! theyre good but not that good. also Westbrook better than curry. mvp after all.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    harden better than curry too.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    I love the NFL too, but it's too hard to rank NFL players, you'd have to just rank by position. Plus who are we kidding, we all know the Patriots are gonna win it again this year, they got NO competition.

@chess- harden and Westbrook better than Curry? Bruh? Curry was winning MVP's and titles before Durant got there. Westbrook was so good that his team lost in 5 games in the first round! Harden was so good he melted down in game 6 and his team lost by 40 points without Kawhi playing!
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    "Plus who are we kidding, we all know the Patriots are gonna win it again this year, they got NO competition."

Odds aren't in your favor....look at history and see how many times a team has won a super bowl back to back
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I don't think the Patriots are going to repeat several teams seem ready to give them a run for their money. As a Giant fan I can hope but realistically Dallas looks pretty good so does Pittsburgh, and if Green Bay gets their act together they could present a challenge as well as SAN Diego. But let's watch the first few weeks and see how it shapes up.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    Plus the Patriots needed a miracle to win the last Super Bowl.....so yeah, they're far from invincible
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    BTW I think Curry is good, but overrated as far as your list goes I like Harden & Westbook better as I believe They work much harder than he does, he has a tendency to showboat too much for my taste.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    GoVikings I'm not looking at history, I'm looking at the current NFL landscape. The Patriots literally have no competition in the AFC. The AFC is like the Eastern Conference in the NBA right now. If Brady and Gronk don't get hurt they'll have a chance to go 16-0 this year. If y'all haven't been paying attention they upgraded a lot this offseason. The Steelers are probably the Patriots best competition in the AFC SMH. As far as the NFC the Seahawks are the only ones that can give the Patriots a little bit of a challenge because of their defense. The Packers defense is awful, the Cowboys are a year or two away, the Falcons had a magical year, they'll struggle to make the playoffs this upcoming year.

Of course injuries is always the major thing in the NFL. If the Patriots stay relatively healthy this season will be a cakewalk for them.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^Doubt that the Patriots, or any team goes undefeated this year ! Not impossible but I'd never bet my money on that one.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    Dogg the Vikings are going to win the Super Bowl in Minnesota next year!!!
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    "1. LeBron James
    2. Kevin Durant
    3. Kawhi Leonard"

Lol after we had the big argument where I said Durant was better than Leonard... glad you've come to agree.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    And Draymond was DPOY, he should be on the list. You were very nice to Blake.
  • georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    I had to go look up what "NBA" stood for. You guys are pathetic. The only *real* basketball is the college variety. The "pros" is where college players go to retire and tell their stories of the good old days.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    Lol Microdong

@Nina Draymond is number 21, just barely missed the cut. I believe Kawhi is better than KD and I believe the Spurs would have beaten the Warriors had Zaza not injured Kawhi (the Spurs were up by 23 in the middle of the third quarter of game 1 when Kawhi got taken out), but Durant went on to lead his team to the title and got the MVP, so for right now I'll put him slightly ahead of Kawhi for right now, but Kawhi will be the clear number 2 this next upcoming season, and he'll be challenging LeBron for the 1 spot.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    I love the NBA, but it's too predictable and therefore it's one of the least interesting leagues in sports
  • rockie
    7 years ago
    Westbrook and Harden are ball dominating (me first) "star" NBA players. Durant went to GS for their team approach to winning basketball. Durant would have stayed in OKC if he thought Russ gave him a better chance at winning. Steph Curry may not be as blessed as Westbrook in his natural athletic ability, but he's miles ahead of Westbrook and Harden mentally and has developed into the most efficient offensive guard I've ever seen. I'm impressed by Harden's individual growth into a star player, but don't think he'll ever reach the NBA finals - never mind a championship.

Draymond Green is not a top 20 NBA player!
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    I agree with all your points Rockie.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    Kyrie for Isiah? Hmm... what y'all think?
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    Damn I was hoping Kyrie could somehow get to the Spurs. Good trade though, I'm surprised Cleveland was able to get all that for Kyrie.
  • rockie
    7 years ago
    Boston upgraded their point guard position for the next 2 years (at a minimum) and they still have multiple picks in 2018. Ainge has not collected all those draft picks to just draft prospects! If Brooklyn's 2018 pick is Top 5, then Cleveland wins the deal! Doesn't mean this deal doesn't work for Boston in terms of their present and future play and NBA salary cap management.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion