tuscl

Lack Of College Educated Women?

san_jose_guy
money was invented for handing to women, but buying dances is a chump's game
This is one of the things I've never been able to make sense of. I'm talking about women who have complete a 4 year degree.

When I was in college, there were more women than men, and more of the women graduate, and more of them will go on to complete graduate degrees. And this trend has only increased since.

But where are they? I don't see them in work places, or anywhere else either, very few.

So some say they are in the 'helping professions".

This probably accounts for some, but it still falls far short of what I would have expected.

Some I have encountered in corporate, non-profit, and government, and some are adding a completely superfluous level of 'social networking". Its total bullshit.

But the number doing the actual work, with year degrees is still very small.

So the only thing I can conclude is that they are now married stay at home housewives, just in a higher social strata than I usually operate in. Its totally inconsistent with the kinds of things they were saying in college, but where else could they be. The deficiency level is high.

Very few women I have seen paying their own rent. Rents are high. Only single mothers go along with that.

Lots of 4 year degree women in sex work and strip clubs. "Helping Professions" some, but still that does not account for the deficiency.

Am I missing something?

SJG

Rolling Stones "Gimme Shelter" (w/Grace Potter) Minneapolis,Mn 6/3/15 HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ps9xy2i…

23 comments

• mark94
    7 years ago
    Depends where you are looking.

Aerospace and Defense ? Construction ? Architecture ? IT ? Not so much.

Health care, social services, teaching, non profits ? You betcha.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    San Jose Guy, a lot of women simply go to college just to find a man to marry, earning a degree they will never actually use. Think of it as mom and day paying $XX,XXX in tuition just so their daughter can land a high earning husband. I know several girls that only went to college simply to achieve this goal and several that would get dressed up and head over to the medical school library to "study," when they were really "future" husband shopping.

Guess none of these bitches ever found you hiding out in the computer labs.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    well they aren't hanging out in our basement (of their own free will) that's for damn sure, so no wonder you don't meet them you homo.

A majority of the women I meet or know have a college degrees.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    Also most of what you write is utterly retarded. I have no idea what is wrong with your brain but you are fucked. WHy do you even bother asking questions you don't care what anyone else says, you already picked your stupid point of view and can't understand other peoples point of view due to your sever autism.
  • lopaw
    7 years ago
    @shailynn - that might have been true 50 years ago, but it sho af ain't true now. The vast majority of women in college and advanced degree programs have every intention of finding employment and in fact delaying marriage & babies for as long as possible.

@SJG - Not sure where you are looking but as an example my company just hired a whole new crop of engineers and at least half are women. AAMOF I don't know any stay at home moms at all. All of my female friends (the majority of which are heterosexual) are driven career women who are married and either childless or have young kids. They seem happy with their decisions. Not sure where you are seeing this phenomenon, but I sure don't.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    I have spent my whole life with women with college degrees. I've seen enough of them. Most strippers do not have college degrees, and strippers are more fun.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    SJG: "Am I missing something?"

Yeah, a brain.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    A quick search using Google. I'm trying to break the habit and use DuckDuckGo instead since that site doesn't track you everywhere.
    https://www.forbes.com/2010/08/10/most-p…
    Now if I can remember most majors, business was number 1 choice.
    Then others like education, psychology, biomedical, nursing or medical, communications. It makes sense to me. When I go to a doctors office, I see females all over the office working as staff. When you go to a school, you see a lot of females working there.

Just an FYI for anyone that doesn't know where all the college educated females go to work.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    Oh, English literature as well. I hated that subject. I like making awkward sentences and didn't care about all the crappy books I was supposed to read. I thought English lit courses were a total waste of time in high school and college and never changed my mind. It's a total waste of money and time in my opinion to require someone working on a degree in a technical field to require them to read and study these subjects. They should only be elective courses. I would have rather studied biusiness or finance or something useful.
  • JamesSD
    7 years ago
    Nursing and Education are female dominated fields.

Also some definitely get the Mrs./mommy degree. I have a couple friends from college who didn't go back to work after popping out kids.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Fucking jackslash with the zingers today!

Lopaw - when I went back and read my post I certainly can see where I came off wrong, those were not my intentions. You are correct, I know tons of women who have earned way past their undergrad and have good careers in their respective fields, my wife is one of them. But, several of her college friends were out to just get husbands and have kids, and be stay at home moms, and both of us are in our 30s so that wasn't that long ago.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    How many jobs can there be for women's studies and art history majors.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    @skibum609: it would qualify them for basket weaving jobs like "divorce lawyer".
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    It's not that women purposely don't use their degree, but they are already at least 22 when they graduate, and tend to want to have kids at some point. So, women have to choose between focusing on their career, and waiting till around 30 to start having kids (and lots of women either really want to be moms when hey are young, and it looks fun, or wind up pregnancy), or having kids younger, and then backing off from work some.

Childcare for one toddler, is around 150 per week, plus days off for illnesses and stuff. Then you don't have as much time between caring for the kids, your husband, cleaning and cooking, working out.. something has to give, and a lot of women who can afford to stay home, or step back in the workforce. You can say that men do a lot more when it comes to childcare, and housekeeping, than they used to, but the mental responsibility for it is still with the woman. Also, it's when you are starting out in the workforce that you are expect to be most dedicated to your career. So a lot of women wind up working secure, flexible, type jobs that are beneath their education level, and doing their best to bring in some money, while keeping the family and home stuff in balance.
  • rane1234
    7 years ago
    They are heavily employed in govt near me with everyone else the private sector shoots down.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    mark94 wrote, "Health care, social services, teaching, non profits ? You betcha."

Thanks for that comment. I understand the idea. It's what people have been telling me, the 'helping professions'. Some are there, but it still doesn't register with what I saw in college, more women than men, but then the extreme opposite of that in the work place.

About non-profits yes, but as I see it, so much of what is done there is just bullshit anyway.

As I see it there is still a big unexplained deficiency.

Shailynn, what you are describing is the old MRS degree. What the girls I went to college talked about was very different from that. But that is kind of the basis of my starting this thread. I get the feeling that that is where they have gone. Its being married, and maybe then some sorts of vanity careers.

Lopaw, yes I appreciate what you are saying. Also, you are talking about hiring practices right now, where as I graduated from college decades ago. I also have gleaned some ideas about what industry you are in. It might be more like that some places than others.

jackslash, spent your whole life with women with college degrees? Might you be willing to give us some idea what sort of social venue you are referring to?

And as far as strippers with college degrees, yes. They make far more money as strippers than as corporate functionaries, and they don't get laid off as strippers either. I know some that started stripping on weekends and then expanded after they got downsized. And they had come to consider the day job a low paid bullshit anyway.

Sharkhunter, when I was in college, most of the women were Business majors. There were other popular ones, like Psychology. I am convinced that most of them never really did pursue serious careers. The ones that did were the exception. Some went to the 'helping professions", but these still do not account for the observed deficit.

Usually doctor's office staff have only 2 year degrees, as I know. I find lots of women with such, and in various work places. I was specifically distinguishing 4 year degrees, because it was these that I went to college with , and it is these which I find conspicuously absent.

Yes BJ69, I understand what you are saying. Its just that the women I went to college with did not present themselves that way, quite the opposite.

****************************** So then my take on all of this is thus:

1. The women I went to college with said what made them sound good, even though it was bullshit. More of the women who actually want careers, are getting 2 year degrees, not 4 year.

2. This is also a socio-economic status issue. Many of the women I went to college with were of a privileged status, those, who though they don't talk about it, were still going for the MRS degree. For many of those of high enough status, this is still a real life option

Reference:
    https://www.amazon.com/Marriage-Markets-….

Whereas for myself, never really being in that elevated realm, I have associated post college with women at a lower socio-economic level, those who are in the work place, and a far smaller portion of them hold 4 year degrees. Traditional college is after all very expensive, in terms of both time and money. Totally out of reach for many people, and an antiquated and broken system.

And many of the women I went to college with, though they may be in government, non-profits, or helping professions, they never really did intend to be making enough money to support themselves, these things were just vanity pursuits.

One was going to be a 'bank financier', another a "clothes buyer" for department stores.

I don't think of myself as a right winger. But I guess it comes across that I don't think that much of government agencies, non-profits, or "helping professions".

As far as what gets one into that elevated social realm, this is complex. Education can be part of it, but there is much more to it. And at this point in my life, I do not seek such, I just want to understand so that I can strike at key junctures.

Thanks,
    SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Talked about his before, tried to explain it. Let me try again.

In college, more than 50% women and more than 50% of the graduates, and more women getting graduate degrees.

They all talked about the fabulous careers they were to have.

But in the work force myself, there is a severe shortage of women with 4 year degrees from upper tier schools.

In fact, most of the women in the work place seem mostly interested in getting an MRS degree. And they are not shy.

So what gives, why the disparity?

Some say the women are in the "helping professions". Maybe this is a partial answer.

Some say that San Jose is male dominated because of the tech sector, and that the women ratio is higher in San Francisco and New York.

Maybe a partial answer.

But I think there is still another answer. At your upper tier schools, most of the student body is coming from very well off families. Despite what the coeds said, I believe that most of them are by now stay at home house wives.

The young women who will be pursing careers? Well most of them are not going to be Elon Musks. Most of them will be happy to have a regular paycheck and benefits, like maybe working for the County Social Services. So the career women are out there, but they are pursuing careers like I would never want. And the schools they graduated from are lower tier.

SJG

Masters of Money, Karl Marx
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyrhoHtS…
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    For a woman to have a regular job, that alone in here eyes places her mile ahead of her mother.

Women are happy to have kinds of jobs where they are micromanaged and a small cog in a huge machine, jobs that a man like myself would never want.

And the women who go to the upper tier schools are often women who have no serious interest in any career, no matter what they have said.

SJG
  • JamesSD
    7 years ago
    The MRS. Degree is a real thing. I'm Facebook friends with a lot of people I went to high school with. I have a PhD in a real science, a friend of mine went to Harvard Law. Most of the guys from our honors classes have "real" professions. A lot of the women, girls who got great grades, were smart, even at math, ended up in fields like social work and teaching, and many walked away when they got knocked up and have not returned, or work 20 hours a week.

The only women I know with serious careers from that bunch are the ones who said "hell no" to babies.
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    "Am I missing something?"

Good question.
    Obviously all the single college girls left your area. I see them all over the place. I do have a couple of male neighbors but they are married. Unfortunately my hot young female neighbor that used to occasionally wash her car in a bikini outside my window moved away. Sometimes I wondered if she did that on purpose so that I would see her. She was single.
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    This site is my break from living in a world of females everywhere.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Rick999, I'm not sure where you are, lots of women? Now I look. What draws so many women to your area? Is it the type of job you have?

JamesSD, yes I follow you. The women I went to school with all talked about careers. But post college, where are they? Their career talk just seemed to be the latest in fashionable things to talk about.

I think the issue is just socio-economic status. The girls I went to school with were not really serious about careers.

Rather, the girls who would pursue careers were coming from families not as well off, and they went to different sorts of colleges.

Now I'm not saying any of these girls or their parents were doing anything wrong. But it gets to the issue of what college is like, versus what post college is like.

Girls who are still being supported by their parents will be very much different to deal with than those who are not. Often not very realistic, very much into a kind of student subculture.

And then, much of my reflections on college are still motivated by the Elliot Rodger phenomenon, trying to make sense of it. He was in a very unpleasant world, and then he just snapped. He would have been better at say an urban arts school, and with part time work, and focusing more on developing himself as some sort of artist, more like his father. Being at So Cal UC, was like being in an adolescent party, not a good place for a non-conformist like himself. But he probably was not even at the point where he could relate to himself as a non-conformist.

The work place is totally the opposite of college, at least it was for me. The work place MRS degree is extremely real.

SJG

Pink Floyd Compilation
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP8XzjUy…

Why It's Impossible to Sink This $13 Billion Ship
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGXlaa65…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Gerald…

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c…

http://www.thefordclass.com/

My Ignore List:
    DrPhil, DrPhil., IME, Meat72, san_jose_gay, tixtittyfag, JimGassagain, Call.Me.Ishmael, SirLapdancealot, L1oydSchoene

Portal, please save this some place safe in case there are ever any temporary TUSCL outages
    sites.google.com/site/sjgportal/

Yardbirds - Dazed and Confused
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ffBRhtW…

Led Zeppelin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC6SwzXv…

Top 10 Secrets The Secret Service Doesn’t Want You To Know
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSz8tSTh…

JAW-DROPPING PROOF THAT HITLER DIED IN 1965 - IN ARGENTINA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Fzr3xV…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqzUkvHl…

Jefferson Airplane ft/ David Crosby
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYv2wr9…

The Doors - The Crystal Ship / Dick Clark
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTkPOt2L…
  • SJGTHREATENSWOMEN
    3 years ago
    ESS JAY GEE
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion