tuscl

Curious about Investing

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 9:25 AM
Long story short, I have access to a decent amount of capital (20k) and I desire to invest it in the adult entertainment, marijuana, or bar industry. I'm a business major and know the risks and the rewards so I don't really need a lecture from armchair lawyers or "veterans of the industry" with old or outdated views or ideas. Twenty thousand is a drop in a bucket to begin but paired with another investor or two with decent amounts of assets or capital can greatly move things along. How many of you fit this description, and are willing to just talk about the possibility of a future partnership in such an endeavor? For the sake of simplicity, let's keep it on the subject of adult entertainment due to the nature of the website we are on. There is a market opportunity to start a new Adult Cabaret in AZ and I wish to weigh my options on pursuing it. Smartass or unproductive comments will be ignored.

79 comments

• crsm27
    7 years ago
    Well being in Business for over 20 years (not adult). First thing you need to think about is all the BS paperwork...ie: permits, licenses, zoning, insurances, rental leases, etc. What I am getting at is start up costs could kill you before you even open the door. Also take a look at the permits... are they temporary (one year probation period) or are they open ended? Because some areas of the country give you a 1 year period...and they can revoke or "non renew" your license. Now this is stuff they don't tell you in text books. Trust me. Because one short cut in these area's.... you can get shut down or "non-renewed". Now onto the rental leases.... sometimes there are clauses saying what businesses can be run and also covenances or by laws. Make sure you read fine print or get a lawyer to advise u. I know u might call me an arm chair guy. But trust me these are the places where most businesses go wrong. They don't think of the paper work BS. They don't think of these costs. But you need these all taken care of before you drop a dime into the actual part of making $$$. So just a friendly heads up. Also what % of return you looking to make or how long of an investment... short term or long term?
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Why don't you look into a VC firm that specializes in those areas that you have an interest, or you might consider approaching some business owner in those fields and find out if they might have an interest in a minor partner.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    I bought a great book recently, a 1,000 page restaurant manager handbook. The main message I got from it is that running a restaurant ( or bar ) requires a massive amount of experience and knowledge. There are hundreds of ways the business can fail if you don't have that experience. If you don't have years of experience running an adult cabaret,you'll need to hire a GM with that experience.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    You need to find 9 other guys who have 20k to combine if you think you're opening up some sort of retail/hospitality establishment. People come here to find other likeminded people who like to cum in their pants and get hand jobs by trannys. We have one 15 year old that constantly asks for dating advice. So please keep your expectations in perspective. Sadly 20k doesn't do that much these days.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    The main reason that bars fail is theft. It just takes one bad employee to eat away at the profits. The problem is worse if it's an owner who you can't trust. If you decide to go into business with someone, make damn sure you can trust them completely. Also, agree whether the owners are involved to make money, or have a party spot. The latter is fine, but make sure you understand this going in.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Don't do it, and don't say I didn't warn you.
  • Krossingtheline0414
    7 years ago
    I was going to get a lawyer to handle all the nitty gritty with my own money apart from the funds I have set aside for investment. As in terms of investment, my passions are actually elsewhere but I need ownership in a lucrative enterprise to bring in more income to facilitate those passions. I'm former military (infantry) as well as a private military contractor and an executive protection agent so you can guess where my passion actually is. I know a few reputable people in the industry in AZ so finding someone trustworthy to run things won't be a problem for me. There are two avenues to go, find someone or a group that wishes to either outright purchase an existing club or build a new one from the ground up. The first option is the easiest but you have the prospect of owners overestimating the actual value of their clubs and charge exuberant sums for their club but.... law of supply and demand with limited supply so I get that. The second option is an uphill battle but far more rewarding when at the top of the hill.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    Are you talking about establishing a brand new club 'from scratch' or purchasing a preexisting club from an owner who wants to retire? If the latter, it's something I've always wanted to do, but it's expensive. If the former, it's much cheaper but also much much riskier. It's riskier mostly because you have no statements or tax returns to review beforehand to make sure that the seller is telling the truth about how much he's pulling in, obviously. The way I see it, every club started out with someone taking an enormous risk. Some of them are huge successes, others are barely hanging on, still others eventually close their doors permanently. But personally, I would rather spend more and risk less by buying an existing establishment for my first venture. Of course, most of us don't have 4 million dollars to gamble with, which is probably what you would need to buy an existing successful club in a major metropolitan area. BTW, I'm just curious, are you worried about corrupt local officials or organized crime muscling in on your operation of it's successful? Not trying to discourage you, it's just something that I think about.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    Ha, looks like you already answered my main question while I was typing
  • Krossingtheline0414
    7 years ago
    As in terms of needing "years of experience" to run an adult cabaret, that is not necessary. If you aren't half retarded, a capable person can learn in a month. The upside of being a military guy is you can adapt to nearly any situation. Some of the dumbest fuck people I have ever met in my life had "years of experience" in their fields but we're hampered by archaic and outdated ideas and thus fail to adapt.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    @twentyfive I could be wrong, but I think he'll need more than 20k to invest in a VC fund. And if a local business owner is willing to let him buy into the estalishment for only 20k, I would be very leery about that; it could be some kind of a scam. Granted his lawyers could offer some protection, but still.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    You need to stick your 20k somewhere safe, and accessible. It's sad that ppl think that's enough savings to invest (gamble). Invest your next 20k.
  • Krossingtheline0414
    7 years ago
    Corrupt local officials - Play their game but find dirt on them and eventually bring their empire crashing down on their heads. I have no issue playing a Machiavellian game of chess with someone until they no longer stand in my way or bend to my will. Organized Crime- That won't be wise on their part. I'm a combat veteran that will also supplement my security team with other combat veterans instead of autistic giants with no actual experience in those situations. The criminals will be lucky to leave alive..... If at all.
  • Krossingtheline0414
    7 years ago
    @Bj99 I never said 20 is all I have, I just said 20 is all I'm willing to invest currently so I'm just getting ideas. I probably make more than everyone here in a year with one deployment.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    I admire your confidence and work ethic. I hope you're right about not needing experience. Personally, if it were me, I would do whatever I could to get a temporary job in a nearby club for about a year just to learn the ropes. You're ex-military so you could totally be a bouncer and probably work your way up to management. That's what I would do. As long as you remember why you're there and don't get caught up with the girls and all their craziness, you'll be fine. Just my opinion. Seriously, I would give up my current lifestyle and do it myself, but not everyone is cut out to work as a bouncer. Good luck.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @OP You don't have enough capital to either buy an existing or build one. There are plenty of problems with either but business valuations are not one of them. I seriously doubt that anyone in the business will be interested in your proposals but I threw them out there to give you a direction to look at. If you seriously believe that you can get a partner to back you go for it. I have varied investments in a few small businesses none in the industries you are looking at. My requirements to consider in a partner is experince in the industry at hand as a worker and as a manager with detailed knowledge of what constitutes a success, trust is important and that is the direction you need to look at.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @Burlington I knew all that just giving the OP a direction to spin his wheels.
  • Krossingtheline0414
    7 years ago
    You just need to be savvy with finances and have a business background to succeed which I have both. I'm looking to purchase one of the smaller lower end clubs for sale online (300-500k). Just need another investor with access to sufficient capital or assets to either get a loan with me or have enough where the owner will carry the rest of the note. Start off small and grow.... provided the current owner's P&E statements and tax returns are to my liking.
  • Krossingtheline0414
    7 years ago
    @twenty-five I've beaten many odds before and should I desire to pursue this, it will be no different. I can find a partner, I was just looking for ideas as well as hoping there would be someone here that might be interested. I might have to use my other account which contains 50k to add to my 20k to have more negotiating power then. Also.... 20k is plenty to exploit a legal loophole in marijuana law to have a larger payout. I was hoping to get into a field that's a little more on the "legal" side of things though. Twenty-thousand is plenty, you just have to know where to apply it. Those who have never had to make do and excel with less would not understand that. Thank you for all the suggestions, everyone.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Valuing a small business can be difficult for 2 reasons 1. Most small businesses keep their taxes low by managing their cash. I had relatives who owned a hardware store. Their accountant told them to pull the same amount of cash out of register every day and put it in their pocket. How do you value a business when the accounting is suspect ? 2. If a business owner knows about some threat to their business, whether legal or competitive, their first reaction might be to sell the business before that threat is publicly known.
  • JAprufrock
    7 years ago
    Just spend half of it on strippers and booze and blow the rest.
  • JAprufrock
    7 years ago
    No, seriously. I wouldn't bother starting a business. I'd just invest the 20K in mutual funds for the long run, assuming you're young and can ride out the markets many ups and downs.I'd be happy with the historical annual return of 10 percent.
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    ^^^ In that situation, the CPA or accountant is probably telling them to not show a profit (I.e. Break even) so that it minimizes the tax hit. However, if you ever want to get a loan from a bank in the future, if your comapany's financial iare always showing "breaking even" nobody will be beating down your door to lend you money.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I guess if you want to sell marijuana illegally but there are pharmaceutical companies now involved in the legal growers. I have run many businesses over the years including my own I look at many opportunities every week and most are pie in the sky scams including some where there are delusional promoters that believe their own bullshit. I wish you luck !
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @mark94. There are lots of ways of valuing a business if you were an experienced operator you would know, it's not as easy to hide cash or problems as you think. BTW no one doing accounting in this day and age will allow you to skim the register any more that is the easiest way for the state to go after you, and they will get you no matter whether or not you believe me.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Contact Juice he has some money to blows
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Forget the "investing". Put your money into something you can actually run yourself. Apply your time, energy, talent, and money together. SJG
  • Krossingtheline0414
    7 years ago
    @twentyfive I'll be ok. I worked in the marijuana industry for three years and know most master growers in the state on a first name basis. I'm even going to go hang out with one to discuss a business opportunity later today. If you aren't already or have been in the industry, you will have only scams and con artists pitch to you. It's a very tight knit community and everybody knows everyone, and everyone knows who scam artists and who the legit ones are.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    Why would someone who is a know it all and only wants to hear what he "knows" already make a post about this. Whats beyond inane is the idea that somehow experience is useless because we're just old and we don't understand the "new" economy. Heard this all through the late 90's and early 00's, right before the market tanked and killed people. heard it before the fiscal crisis last decade, right before everyone got killed. Heard it before the S+L crisis before everyone got killed. By the way strip clubs are on the way out so anyone thinking of investing in them must think the long term is December 31, 2018. Marijuana industry? Yeah factory farms wiped out the small farmer, but that won't happen to small growers lmao.
  • Krossingtheline0414
    7 years ago
    @skibum609 If you were even as remotely intelligent as you think you are, you'd understand that small growers are what is pulling in money currently. I used to transport cash and product to and from grows and the bank and 500k-1 mil a week says you pretty much don't know what you're talking about. You are old and one of those dinosaurs that are clinging onto the last vestiges of security you think you have. Soon it will be our time, it already is a new economy. It isn't my fault that you don't adapt to it. I've seen it as well have managed many people that in your age group or older, most of you are completely useless because you are stuck in the notion that your way is best because it worked years ago and it actually is quite laughable. Now kindly go back into your corner of nihilism and self loathing and let the adults talk, gramps.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^One basic point about age and experience to keep in mind, when you are young you have no idea of what you don't know, and that gives you the chutzpah, to try something that an older, more experienced hand wouldn't. You never know which young guy is foolhardy till they all get older than you see which one had the right idea. With that being said I say let them go forth and prosper or not, as long as they are not asking me to invest, if you are looking for an investment from me, it needs to mesh with my experience.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    I'm sure you can make pretty good money in those industries you've eluded to, however there comes a tremendous amount of sweat equity with it. I've been fine tuning my strategies around hands off investments where you collect singles and doubles, and I quit shooting for the hone runs. Odds are you scratch out a bunch of singles and doubles and it will get you further than trying to hit the ball out of the park, simply due to playing the odds correctly. Nobody I've met hands over an excellent investment opportunity that you can find on your own, so good luck on your search and try not to let the business run you into the ground!
  • Krossingtheline0414
    7 years ago
    Who is more successful in terms of wisdom or experience when it comes to knowing the world and how it operates? Someone who plays in the sandbox and pulls six figures and wishes to do something with a portion of it or old fearful has beens or washouts? The difference between us is I have been in life and death situations and prevailed every single time so far. What seems like a mountain for you to climb is merely a small hill for me. One that is currently not shooting at me or trying to kill me so I consider it an easy day, not out of ignorance or arrogance but simply because that's what it is to me. If I face an army of people saying "you can't do it because..." then I'll find the one voice that says "I can." There is a myriad of examples of people breaking or bending the rules without breaking the law to become successful. Most of them are on wall street currently. If you don't think outside the box in terms of generating wealth then you will forever remain as you are, no greater than you began. You also will become a depreciating asset in your field because technology and the economy is forever changing and you're the only one who thinks your ideas will save you 100% of the time.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Hey 25, what's that old saying "Youth is wasted on the young"?
  • Krossingtheline0414
    7 years ago
    @meat72 Roger that. Thank you so much for the advice. I've put my time in for hard work so sweat equity doesn't deter me from anything for the opportunity of revenue that generates constantly.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @Meat72 Sometimes it is but they are going to keep trying anyway, all that you can do is wish them well. Sometimes it's not wasted, occasionally the conventional wisdom is turned on it's head, by someone with the energy of youth, and being unhampered, by their inexperience.
  • crsm27
    7 years ago
    @Krossingtheline.... Can growers put money in the banks now? I know at one time they couldn't because of FEDERAL LAWS. IE: weed is illegal on the federal level and since banks are federal backed money couldn't be deposited. It first had to be laundered.... again some federal issues there as well. Again I am just asking because I know that was a huge issue when weed got legalized medically and rec use. But things could have changed. Also since I assume you are running the security for the transporting of the money. You know some of the problems that did arise with cartel doing crash and grabs at "safe" houses for the said money. But like I said... these are stories I heard about this years ago (3-5 years)... things could have changed. Now back on the "Adult" industry.... I like your confidence. But again... strip clubs and bars are another animal. You are saying you want to buy a smaller club. 1. Why is it for sale? 2. Why is it smaller? Is it because of location? Is it because it can't make money or enough money? Those are just some questions about location, location, location. Which is a huge thing for clubs. Plus like I stated in my first post. Your 20-50K could be all tied up into insurances, permits, etc. Because if you sell booze and depending on the "Dram shop" laws.... you could be looking at $5000 - $15000 a year just in liquor liability insurance. Then most liquor vendors are on a COD system... ie: no cash no booze/beer delivered. These vendors don't work on credit. So you need that capital available before you open your door. Now you are talking about partners and loans.... well most banks to get a loan for a bar you need to either have 60% food revenue or you need about 50% down payment to get a loan. So again.... for a 300K club you will need 150K initial investment as a down payment for the business.... then look at the stuff I mentioned about insurances, permits, booze delivery, etc. I am not saying don't do it just giving you a heads up on start up. These are things people don't consider. What I am getting at is after you get the loan... you better have 50K in back account to pay for stuff even before you make 1 dime. Also Listen to what older people are talking about. What is the one thing about history... if you don't learn from it you are doomed to repeat it. You say you are military so you should know that. If you did something and it didn't go right... do you do it again??? No you learn and adapt and make a new plan and move forward. So again... listen to what everyone says and don't dismiss it as stupid.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Skibum is a real man w actual confidence. He's a jerk to strippers, but he's not an arrogant insecure phony (like you), and you should heed his advice. Your insecurity and arrogance (always a tough combination) will be a fatal flaw in your attempts at success. It's an immediately obvious weakness of yours, and could actually get you worse than broke the way you brag and run your mouth, if you are in the line of business you brag about. You need to work on your people reading skills, and learn to reign in that need to validate yourself by exposing more than you need to. Comes off as a dangerous weakness. You do not instill confidence or leadership.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    The good news about being a young investor is, if things go south and the business fails, there probably isn't as much at risk financially. Declare bankruptcy, then start again. Maybe that's where your hutzpah comes from. For us old guys, we've got a life's savings at risk and not enough time to build it back up.
  • Krossingtheline0414
    7 years ago
    @Bj99 "I'm a dancer...." I stopped giving credibility to your rant right there upon reading that. When you have a degree and life experience, you might have a pedestal to stand on in the conversation. As in terms of being a phony, ouch, but I can validate every one of my claims. Nice ass, by the way.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    K414 You talk about your life experience. What was it in that experience that told you it's appropriate to ask for help and advice, then arrogantly criticize and demean every person who offers advice ? Over the years, I've experienced people like that in business. We call them former employees. Did that attitude work well for you in the military ?
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Oh that's so funny. I only share this for the irony. You are such an arrogant moron that you make my point. I do take excellent care of my assets, and this nice ass of mine served in K4, and OIF1, and has a business degree. Still, none of that proves anything except that you are too dumb to know that you don't know shit. No one else around here has asked ab my credentials bc even the bigger idiots here are street smart enough to know that credentials do not make your stupid point valid, or your valid point stupid. Let us know how your human shit flinging goes.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    Hey man, come on, she's the only one here who has actually *worked* in the industry that you want to buy into. Dancers can actually give you some decent advice. But I think her last point is the most valid: If you're really ex-military, you would know that higher education is often just a paper chase and doesn't bestow the kind of "credentials" that experience does. Just play nice, okay? Btw, has anyone here ever heard of the Dunning–Kruger effect?
  • wildbourbon
    7 years ago
    I guess I'd like to throw in a couple pennies since I'm a private funding source for small businesses. I have direct experience in financing strip clubs and head shops, but so far have stayed out of every aspect of the marijuana business due to the federal issues. 1. Strip clubs make a lot more money when they serve alcohol. (Captain Obvious). I do a lot of business in Seattle, WA and Portland, OR, and the the revenue generated in OR (where they serve alcohol in clubs) far exceeds Seattle where alcohol cannot be served. The high door fees and VIP rooms in Seattle are an attempt to make up for revenue they can't generate from alcohol sales. 2. $20,000 isn't a whole lot to invest AND get a good percentage of ownership if you have partners. If a club is for sale at $400,000, it's probable that it's annual gross sales are between $100,000 and $200,000. If you're paying more than 2x annual gross sales for a club that size, you're overpaying, especially if the club has any outstanding liabilities for Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FFE). 3. As a corollary to #2, let's say the sales are $200k and the business price is a legit $400k. A bank may lend to you for 10 years with a minimum 20% down and a credit score above 740. More than likely, though, a bank would not lend to you since you don't have industry experience (most require at least 2 years). You would then be stuck borrowing on the secondary market. Let's say you can get $400k for 7 years at 5% interest per year. Your monthly payment would be $5,630, or $67,560 per year. The well-run clubs I've reviewed typically net around 30% after all their overhead is paid; that's $60,000, in this case. Now you need to deduct your new debt payments and you end up with a $7,500 loss during your first year in operation. You will have some interest expense (approximately $18,000 in the first 12 months) to add back to cash flow, but if the business has no existing FFE debt, there's probably no depreciation to take and your cash flow winds up around $10k. Imagine how much work you have to put in to get that $10k. I have to run...will add more analysis later if you'd like.
  • Krossingtheline0414
    7 years ago
    @Bj99 Being a fobbit doesn't mean you served in any meaningful capacity in the theatres you've mentioned. I'm willing to bet that nice ass of yours was passed around at the barracks more than once. If you weren't infantry or never left the wire, do us all that actually did something with their time in a favor and shut the fuck up :) My boots have more time in the field and battle rattle than you probably did. Also going from service member to stripper isn't really brag worthy. Be gone, POG.
  • Krossingtheline0414
    7 years ago
    @wildbourbon Thank you for the meaningful and well thought out post. With your permission, I would like to message you privately and pick your brain some more.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    K144, something is very, very wrong with you. This is not normal or healthy behavior. Get help.
  • wildbourbon
    7 years ago
    @ krossingtheline0414. I had a lot more to post that would be really helpful, especially how you could more effectively deploy that $20,000 in the markets you like while receiving a generous return on your investment. The way you responded to @Bj99 and others would be disappointing coming from anyone, but especially so coming from a former service member; your former position doesn't justify your current conduct. There's nothing else I can offer to you.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @wildbourbon I had the exact same thought after he started dissing everyone, TBH he started off nicely so I decided to offer my advice genuinely but after he displayed his misogyny, along with his poor manners I have come to the conclusion that he's just another loser wanna be. At the very least he'd be a poor partner, the type that can't keep his end up in the air.
  • Krossingtheline0414
    7 years ago
    @wildbourbon It is a shame that you are such a weak man that you side with someone who got what they deserved when they opened their mouth to insult someone else. I really don't think you know how the service works since you have such a high opinion of it but I can assure you far worse things are said when people are needlessly provoked. If you are so faint hearted, then I am glad you have nothing to offer me as you have nothing I could possibly want then. I will simply pursue other avenues, preferably someone with your knowledge who actually served and isn't easily offended by such bantz. As fun as this has all been everyone, I got what I needed. I have one more lead than I did when I started and that in itself is a victory. Au Revoir. @Bj99 Stay classy. ;)
  • Krossingtheline0414
    7 years ago
    @25 Your cuckold fetish is showing.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Keep your head down rookie.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    And the shit leaves to fling itself at the wall..
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    @wildbourbon, I can only speak for myself, but I really appreciate the advice that you dispensed. If you have any additional advice or tips about how to effectively invest (or break into the strip club game), I'm sure I and others would love to hear it. Thanks
  • wildbourbon
    7 years ago
    Dude (@kross0414) starts an internet fight, hurls insults, then tucks his tail and runs. Sounds like his career stalled at E5, or makes you wonder if he's French? They did the same thing when some Kosovar kids started throwing rocks at them on a bridge they were supposed to hold to keep Mitrovica separated from the rest of Kosovo. Left us Americans to go clean up the mess. Only took a couple of hours...didn't even take that long to sweep him away. @twentyfive...I saw several helpful posts and then he started attacking. I hoped he'd settle down but his temper is clearly out of control. I can't imagine anyone wanting to partner with someone so unhinged.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Here's a thought. The most important job a strip club manager has is attracting and retaining quality dancers. Successful clubs make their dancers feel comfortable and welcome. Based on how he treated BJ99, would anyone care to speculate on the future success of K414's club ?
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @wildbourbon that was what I said basically, quick question, as an investor why would anyone be interested in any entertainment type of business generating less than 5-10 million, a business generating 1-200K annually is mom and pop, where is there any room for a partner let alone an investor. Small revenue generators mean tremendous headaches with not much of a reward, so who would buy at 2x revenue ?
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    I'm sorry if I was a bitch. I just hate to see someone being so arrogant and disrespectful when they are asking for advice. All he had to do was apologize for being a know it all twat, maybe have a laugh at his expense, and move forward with an adjusted attitude.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    ^^^^ Preach!!
  • crsm27
    7 years ago
    @25.... You can sometimes buy "mom and pop" places for a lower cost and then double it in a few years and sell it off. Again it all depends on which market or where you business is. But lets say he buys the business for $400,000.... and in 5 years can sell it for $750,000.... that is a nice return on investment. Plus if he is pulling in $10K a year off of it with out doing too much work. Again that is if it is self sufficient and he doesn't need to dump any more money back into it. That is a nice little return for 5 years or less. Again it isn't "retirement type money"... but a good start to move that profit into a more safe, long term investment. But I agree with what wildbourbon stated..... that the X 2 business valuation. Like he stated that it is only bringing in annually $200,000 at most. Then depending on what you get for lending option, insurances (building, liability, liquor, etc), permit/licensing costs (state, federal, town, district), then payrolls and TAXES..... your $200,000 is done pretty damn quick.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @crsm27 I did get it and understood completely my point was just because a business is viable doesn't mean its investable. And the OP can't afford what you are talking about, and if he took in partners just to be able to buy in, his share would be diluted to where there's no equity left to pay him anything for his work I'd never invest in a situation that inequitable.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    I have a friend who owns a small cafe/coffee shop. He knows, because of its size and fixed costs, it will never make money. But, it's the hangout spot for local musicians. My friend is an amateur musician and he dabbles in concert promotion. So, the cafe is an inexpensive hobby. In his retirement, he'd rather hang out there than sit home watching TV. I could see where a small strip club could be an enjoyable hobby for some. It's not always about the money.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @mark94 but the OP didn't have the means, and I doubt he had the ability to run such a place maybe he should be looking for a sugar mama to fulfil his delusions.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    I was looking at strip clubs on [view link] . Prices range from $10,000 ( Pataya Thailand ) to over $5,000,000 ( Prague ). Multiples of revenue are all over the place. Just interesting to see the wide variety.
  • Crownand7
    7 years ago
    You seem to be very confident in your military and security contracting experience. Why don't you invest in the field that you made your money in? If you can staff a strip club with seasoned ex-military guys, then you can start a very successful security business. I know you're interested in the adult business, but it will seem far less glamorous after a few weeks of dealing with stripper shit. Or you could start a tactical firearms training company. Arizona has lots of gun owners, you can get cheap insurance through the NRA just by getting certified as an NRA instructor, existing shooting ranges can host classes for a reasonable fee. That's a business you can swing with a 20k investment, if your have business acumen and combat experience.
  • DoctorPhil
    7 years ago
    @krossingtheline0414. “Organized Crime- That won't be wise on their part. I'm a combat veteran that will also supplement my security team with other combat veterans instead of autistic giants with no actual experience in those situations. The criminals will be lucky to leave alive..... If at all.” ROTFLMFAO. what are you? like 12?
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Did you see the part where he will play Machiavellian games of chess with the organized crime groups and bend them to his will?.. from the guy who threw a big baby fit and rage quit when a few pls and a stripper called him out of his bs.
  • Krossingtheline0414
    7 years ago
    Lol man, I check my email account and you guys are STILL commenting on this thread. I need to disable email notifications so I don't get slammed with notifications in my inbox. Before I do so, I will address a few things so we can finally put this matter to bed. @Bj99 You are a boot. Plain and simple. No amount of insults you fling at me after the fact will change that. You downgraded from service member to stripper which tells me, you are most likely a two year wash out that couldn't hack the military and were probably discharged as a "failure to adapt" or you received a Big Chicken Dinner. Also the descent from honorably serving your nation to taking your clothes off for money also reveals that my previous assertion of you being a barracks rat is most likely correct. Nothing you did in the service was really meaningful unless you were infantry (like myself) or any MOS that actually left the wire while in the sandbox. You were basically a civilian that wore our uniform, no more, no less and you probably sucked ass at that also. So unless you have some hard evidence to counter what I just said, again, shut your useless POG ass up and get back to shaking that ass for fives. If you want to back up what you say, then message me with the name of your platoon sgt, company first Sgt, dates of deployment, and most importantly of all..... what unit were you with. Until then, you're a boot POG or a LARPer who never joined.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Awe. I feel so put in my place. You totally got me. I should go to Mamasan's for a spanking. ;)
  • Krossingtheline0414
    7 years ago
    @wildbourbon Me not wanting to indulge in your childish back and forth banter is me running now? Misinterpreting my desire to do other things doesn't change that you're a weak cuck of a man. White knighting gets you nowhere, my friend. You appear to be smart in your field, I will give you that but you lack a spine. I hope you grow a pair one day. Maybe one day you will be lucky enough to be a quarter of the man myself and my brothers I served alongside are. If you think I "run with my tail between my legs", I do so more for your benefit than mine. I killed my first man at 19 in a shithole desert, you were probably in a club somewhere or in a classroom. You and I are night and day and you are probably the LAST person who should accuse me of cowardice.
  • Krossingtheline0414
    7 years ago
    @mark94 What you said in a nutshell: "Club owners should base their business decisions on their dancer' s moods." My response: HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! The response of every club owner you bring that drivel to: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
  • Krossingtheline0414
    7 years ago
    Now that I've addressed some of your concerns, I will depart now. I will also unsubscribe my emails from this thread because I don't really care to be alerted to a "huh huh huh OP is wrong, I'm so tough." circle jerk that will no doubt go well into the next week or so because you all have nothing better to do. If you have anything further to say, my inbox is open to any further complaints :) Good day, all.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    In summary, K414 asked for our help and advice. Then, he posted 18 separate times, either telling us our advice was wrong, crudely insulting the people who tried to help, or telling us how tough he was. Finally, he criticized us for having nothing better to do than post in this forum. This from a guy with 18 responses to this thread. Tell me again who has nothing better to do.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Like I said before keep your head down, MUSHROOM !
  • ime
    7 years ago
    Juice needs a partner for his growing trailer park empire. You better hit him up before he closes to new investors.
  • Crownand7
    7 years ago
    This is my favorite thread. K414 has no experience and infinite confidence. Anyone who isn't willing to declare him worlds best strip club owner and partner with him is a massive pussy. If he does open a club (or should I say when), I'm going just to meet all the Green Berets doing security and all the dancers that fall into line after being managed by a machiavellian genius.
  • wildbourbon
    7 years ago
    @K0414 We were all duped replying to a poster who barely had a review under his belt. By the time I was 19, I was on my way to TS DUC contracting in a way you couldn't even imagine. Guys like you ate 7.62 for breakfast because the real men were too righteous to eat in the morning. You just got lucky you were on the tail end of real combat. Why don't you tell me about your last Friday 966/93? If you were any older, I'd mistake you for SGT C004, who stalled, never being deployed, because he couldn't limp along with a cane after his talk. Bitch never left a desk and you wobble just like he did. You called out BJ99 for her creds...why don't you give yours in a PM to me? I'll have you checked in short order; let me post your big swinging d1(4 so everybody here can marvel at your illustrious career.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Careful Wildbourbon, or he's going to have to come back and rerage quit.. again. And tell us all what he thinks of us, and really hurt some feelings this time. We will be like, so sad and our self esteem will be really wounded. And there's no way he will let Crownand7 into his Super Awesome Green Beret Strip Club for Only Cool Guys. Y'all have really messed up. You could have been part of something..
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    BTW I took the rattle in your boots to be sloshing from your own piss.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion