tuscl

OT: THE GONG SHOW

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
I was flipping through stations last night because I refused to watch preseason football and saw that there was a reboot of The Gong Show. I watched for a little bit and got a few chuckles, probably because it made me reminisce about how ridiculous the original was.

Mike Myers is the emcee and was funny. Fotunately he put his own twist on the role instead of trying to just emulate Chuck Barris.

Does anyone else have fond memories of The Unknown Comic, Gene Gene The Dancing Machine, Jaye P. Morgan and the rest?

8 comments

• mark94
    7 years ago
    It was a great show, partly because it was the first of its kind, partly because it came at a time when pot was widely used.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Rather watch football. GONG
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    It was super funny.

Not only pot. Just about everyone on that show was stoned on coke and drunk as s skunk.

Good times.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    Funny show. I'll have to try watching reruns with Mary Jane.
  • carolynne
    7 years ago
    i'd give this discussion topic a gong
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    ^ I'd give you a 14 inch dido up the ass.
  • TheeOSU
    7 years ago
    I haven't watched it but i caught the very end of it while i was changing channels the other night. The emcee was just saying good bye into the camera and he wasn't the Mike Meyers i'm thinking of. I didn't catch his name but he looked like a walking corpse with plastic hair, my thought was how the hell did this guy get a job on TV?
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    It is Mike Myers in makeup.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt6128376/fullcr…

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion