tuscl

Layoffs

Do clubs have regular layoffs to get rid of under-performing dancers? Especially clubs that take a percentage of earnings because they know which dancers are not making the club money.

12 comments

• rl27
    7 years ago
    I wish they did. Most clubs don't care because of tip out. They rely on the fact that dancers will pay the tip out even if they made no money, hoping to stay on to make more the next day. Also number of dancers rather than quality of dancers is more important to many clubs.
  • sinclair
    7 years ago
    I've never heard of layoffs. Most strip clubs consider dancers independent contractors. If a dancer is profiting less than she would make working a minimum wage job, I'd think she'd get the point and quit dancing.
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    We've all seen a dancer at one club and then eventually saw her at another club. With the way that dancers are always leaving a club to work at another, I don't think that clubs would have to lay them off. They do it to themselves.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    They will fire them for breaking club rules, but they will not let them go just because they are under performing. Some clubs may have a minimum drink number a dancer needs to have, but that would be about it when it comes to under performing.
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    I've heard of girls getting "fired" for numerous club infractions.

More often or not, the girl is back dancing again a week later.

Some of the clubs have difficulty keeping dancers and when s manager gets desperate to fill a shift, they often call the girl back to the club.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Rarely, a club has a complete turnover in dancers. For example, a club I know went from being a black club to a Latina club when ownership changed. I don't know whether this was a layoff or voluntary.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I did see it once at the Columbia Platinum Plus. 3 dancers were told to lose some weight or they would be kicked out. 1 lost the weight, 1 quit and 1 got kicked out.
  • Trish_Club_Lust
    7 years ago
    I have never seen this. Clubs just want your money. They don't usually care as long as you pay
  • s88
    7 years ago
    At one manhattan SC, old or fat girls are told to either fuck the owner, or they get put on the "standby list" AKA laid off. As one fired stripper told me, the owner told her "do you know how many girls turn 18 in NYC every day who want your spot?". There is a waiting list 100-200 new girls deep to work at this SC (I accidentally saw it once). Avg girl makes $2K on a Tuesday and $4K on a Friday.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    I have seen strip club layoffs locally. And someone we know in Portland was just subjected to one.

But I would say that the best, is just to let them get squeezed out financially, by continuing to hire more and more dancers. That way, the girls compete, and the front room mileage escalates, and then the back room action will be mind blowing, because if you like a girl you can really get her softened up first.

Some girls will leave, but the ones who will rule will be the most aggressive ones.

But in such environments the owner does not have much of a whip to crack. It is no great privilege to get to work there. And so the women will never follow any rules except for their own.

I think it is mostly at show clubs, places which really comply with every law, that they would have layoffs. At shit holes, the kind I have liked, they just try to hire as many girls as they can, as they are always loosing some.

:)

SJG

Eddie Floyd - Knock On Wood
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kceiks__…

Buddy Guy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRmy4AuR…
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    "If a dancer is profiting less than she would make working a minimum wage job, I'd think she'd get the point and quit dancing"

You would think. An old friend of mine worked w/me for a couple years at many clubs and probably didn't average over $50. Like, it would be very normal for her to be complaining about making $8 at the end of the night and she often didn't have tipout. I actually had to terminate our friendship a couple years ago because of her jealousy and insecurities. I was a top earner and she was often not an earner at all so she would say things like "I guess you just have to be average to make good money." Bitch please.

She actually did get randomly fired from several clubs, assuming becuase she never made money and had dark skin.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    At the most extreme of local dives, you can see that the girls don't get much money. ITC money is not why they show up. Its to set up OTC's.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion