tuscl

Follow up on 'Virginia Club laws?'

CLpeepshow asked yesterday "I am tryin to find the exact laws/guidelines/rules for operating a strip club in Virginia. Anyone know where to find it"

The ? struck me as funny but I didn't want to speak ill of the dead...head.

Let's see......um, lemme think.........where would a reasonably intelligent person look *FIRST*.........
TUSCL, no seriously...........ah, GOOGLE IT!

So for laughs I googled 'Sexually Oriented Business regulations for the state of Virginia'

Lots of pages, but here's a sample:

CARROLL COUNTY ADULT BUSINESS AND COMMUNITY ...
carrollcountyva.org/docs/Adult_Business_…
distribution of obscene material, and the Board recognizes that state and ... Working Group On The Regulation Of Sexually Oriented Businesses, (June 6, 1989, ... BE IT ORDAINED by the Board of Supervisors of Carroll County, Virginia, as.

Sec. 18-46. - Location of sexually oriented businesses. | Code of ...
https://www.municode.com/library/va/lanc…?...
Pursuant to Code of Virginia § 58.1-3731, for the privilege of doing business within ..... The location of the proposed sexually oriented business, including a legal

City of Galax, VA Sexually Oriented Business - eCode360
ecode360.com/6550414
Jump to § 119-8 Additional regulations concerning public nudity. - Operators of sexually oriented businesses shall not allow persons to appear in a state of ...

Picture it: Creepshow appearing before the board of commissioners --- ' but, commissioner, I got all this information from some anonymous guys on The Ultimate Strip Club List who said they were very familiar with Virginia regs....'

1 comment

• san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Remember, "Sexually Oriented Businesses" is just a trap category a way of imposing rules which don't apply anywhere else.

This kind of legal territory is both subjective and complex. The real law is what you can get away with.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion