tuscl

When a strip club goes to "after hours/lapdance party " only

ChadT
Maryland
I've been to stripclubs. I've heard of lapdance clubs. But all of the strip clubs I've been to have never become a "lapdance party/lapdance only club" at the time they close. Where the club is technically closed but if youre getting lapdances you can stay to "whenever." Every other clubs promptly kicks patrons out after 20min of the scheduled closing time by either cutting off booze or women. However I recently came across a strip club that did not abide by this and became a "lapdance party/lapdance only club" to roughly 5am some claim.

Is this kind of ad hoc club rule basically a fuckfest for brave bouncers/management and a neon sign to PL that "extras" are available?

12 comments

• theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    Usually, once clubs stop playing music (and this is often when the DJ closes shop, well before actual closing time), the dances also stop. Also, the last call and last stage performer also usually happen about half an hour before closing as well. And when the hour hits the closing time, all the lights (yeah, strip clubs actually have lights) are turned on and the staff are pretty much yelling at the customers to get their asses out of there. The more higher end places might actually offer transportation accommodations for those too inebriated. i've only seen one club (the Admiral Theater in Chicago) where a customer could keep dancing after "closing" hours, and that same club also usually kept girls on stage to almost the very end. Of course that club also didn't sell alcohol, so no last call and customers were on their own when they got kicked out. But the club only sold private dances in increments of 3 (3, 6, 9 or 18 songs or 10, 20, 30 and 60 minutes). The club also closed at 6:00 am every day of the week. i don't think they would let a customer get an hour booth at 5:55 am, but i think they would let them get up to a half hour dance. Of course the Admiral is famous for their air dances and generally low mileage. So your rule in that case had nothing to do with dirtiness or extras.
  • chrisspencer
    7 years ago
    Just had this happen at Deja Vu Spokane, they said LD until close at 2:00. But no more stage dances. I ended up getting two dances and then bounced. Great time. There was a girl for every patron.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Years back the bartender would announce last call and you would have the opportunity to order one or two more drinks and stay after closing an hour or two, I don't do very much clubbing late at night any more so I wouldn't know if they still do this, but back then the party would continue at least an hour or two till the lifts came up and the cleanup crew would start.
  • K
    7 years ago
    The clubs i visit run right up to closing time. As long as the dance will finish on time it can start.
    Some clubs kick out all but a few and become a private lap dance club. This was much more popular in the 80s and 90s.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    In Dallas in the 80s, there was at least one club where closing time signaled customers to go to the parking lot and wait for the dancer with whom they had made arrangements for the remainder of the night.
  • magicrat
    7 years ago
    I must admit I've been in clubs at normal closing time. Most will turn on the lights and close shop. I have been in clubs where as long as there are customers getting dances, they will stay open.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    At the clubs I've been to that do this, at its best, it's pretty much like any other slow time at the club. You might have more privacy because more people have left, but it's not a given and nothing other than "get out unless you're buying dances" should be read into it.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    I know of a couple of clubs that keep small private parties going after closing but I'm not interested. It's way past my bedtime.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    im all for it. ;)
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Chad, as I know there are After Hours clubs. One famous one which regrettably now seems gone is Sights in Newark NJ. There is also one Memphis Tenn. Both of these being black. The idea is that dancers can go there after their club closes.

And these After Hours clubs are likely to be membership clubs, not retail businesses. So laws about public sex and lewdness not longer apply. Laws against prostitution do apply, but they are impractical to enforce.

I believe that in lots of these FS flows freely, and even more, once they know you, you can probably select a girl and just walk her right out the front door with you. They have already made their money for the night, so if you and she get along, she will be very reasonable with you.

I have not been to such places, but in future travels I certainly plan to be.

Might you be willing to give us some idea of where this club of which you speak is located?

SJG

Pirates of the Caribbean
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9GSSApv…
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    In Dallas there are a few after-hours clubs that are either BYOB or sell alcohol but keep going past 2 a.m. except no alcohol can be sold or even consumed on the premises after 2:00 a.m. - but most Dallas clubs that sell alcohol choose to close at 2:00 a.m. - I've never seen anything different go down in the late hours.

In the OP's case; if the club was drastically different past its normal closing time then most likely it would have been reported in its TUSCL reviews.

Some clubs may extend the closing time if there's lots of custies getting dances or custies using an extended VIP, but I've never experienced a club where it goes beyond the regular closing time but you would have to leave if you were not getting lap-dances (except maybe in the case the club is waiting for those that were engaged in dances around closing time).
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    If you are there that late, and engaging with a dancer, then make sure it is the one you want to be waking up in the morning with, as likely that will be available.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion