tuscl

Is there any need for "drink prices" on a club's page?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
For example HiLiter's page says $4. $4 for what? A coke, a bud light, a shot of Cuervo or a Long Island Iced Tea? Or what if the club has special ladies drink prices? I know that the price shown does not affect whether I go to that club or not. There might be a slight difference in drink prices between a dive and a high class joint but generally prices in a given area are pretty much equal.

13 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing mostly along the lines of it depends what you order - I think categorizing the drink prices as "low", "average", or "high" is probably more accurate
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    Isn't a lady drink code for ordering a transgender
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    Shadow - good point. At Hi-Liter, I know I pay $4 for a sprite and if I'm there in the afternoon it is 2 for 1 drinks at that price. I think that should be something that is highlighted (no pun intended).
  • UKfan
    7 years ago
    I think they need to be lower! At least restaurant price level.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    The majority of the clubs money is drinks and dancer fees. Drink prices won't be going down anytime soon.
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    I don't think that a one liner can accurately capture the range of drink prices. But I do find the intel useful as part of reviews. I hate places that fuck around by playing games with drinks. I don't mind paying strip club prices, but when those prices are obscene, or when the club is shorting drinks, I want to know about it. A good buzz is part of my fun and I generally avoid places that try to run ripoff games with already high markup alcohol sales. Baby Dolls in Dallas and Gold Club in Tampa are great examples, but there are others.
  • Book Guy
    7 years ago
    I think drink price is a helpful number, just like the three-Vs (whatever they actually stand for). But also just like the three-Vs, you have to keep in mind that it's just a rule-of-thumb number, not a dead-accurate statistical representation of a fair sample of pricing.

Some clubs have obscenely over-priced drinks. F.e., Ricks clubs generally do, and the Penthouse Club in New Orleans has about double-price on everything that you would usually pay. This is nice to know, just in general, before you get there.

Also, the level of drink pricing often indicates other price levels. How much do you "have to" tip the dude who lets you in the private dance area? How much extra do you leave on top of drink price, for the bartender? If the beer was $3, you'll tip each of those people $1, I suspect. If the same damn beer was $17.50 at a different club, you'll probably be tipping the remainder of the $20 to the bartender, and a full $5 to the VIP monkey, right?
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    as to the question...Is there any need for "drink prices" on a club's page? yes. handy information to me. especially the contrast of our prices and the dancer drink prices.

• Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I think a review should talk about drinks in general, i.e. watered down or not, fair price (for a SC), specials, etc - I just don't think a single numeric value is of much help assuming that value is correct to begin with
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Shadow: no being a smartass, but for me the real question is: I understand why newbies and guys on their one annual "guys night out to the strip club" need to check strip club websites. I can't imagine why any of us PLs would, they're rarely useful and there's nothing I can learn from it that I can't learn from their club review section on tuscl. Seems to me that strip club websites are precisely targeted at newbies only, so silly claims like a low drink price -- as if every drink were the same price -- might actually draw in some newbies.

There's exactly one reason I ever go to a strip club website, and that's for the schedule (for those clubs that pre-schedule dancers) or Dancing Now (for those clubs that don't) page. And, ironically, that seems to be a part of the website that's actually useful, and at every club's page I've ever been to, usually all wrong.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I think shadow was referring to the club's *TUSCL* page not the club's webpage, I believe
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Well I'm just all fucking confussed today. I cocked up the MrDeuce login thread also.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    I pretty much ignore drink prices on the page since it's not specific enough.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion