tuscl

SJG's Church: Reverse Groucho Marx Effect?

Groucho Marx said he would not want to belong to any club that would have him as a member.

I think that if SJG's church was more than just a figment of his imagination it would be the opposite phenomena. Who would want anyone who a big enough loser and/or psycho to want to join it?

5 comments

• JimGassagain
    7 years ago
    Rickyboy and Stevie229 are huge contenders to join SJG's organization, even though they think SJG is psycho.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    SJG probably just came in his pants at the thought of the two he worships joining his church.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    You think SJG is into LARPing so he can pretend to be in battles but worst case is he gets hit by a foam sword. I bet that is where he takes his "scalps". In a real altercation someone would just slap him like a bitch because you know he can't fight.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Yeah, he would be easily dealt with in a few seconds tops, in real life.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Ha Ha Ha! I have never called it a 'church', you are the only one who does that Dougster. I have always referred to it only as an 'organization', and this is mostly because that and my life on this forum will always be separated. And this organization will stay concealed until it reaches such a size that this is on longer possible.

When we have real estate beyond people's homes, we will seek tax exempt religious status, just so that we don't have to pay property tax, or so that we might be able to negotiate lower leases. I know other groups which have done this. But this still does not make it that much like a church. More a secret society or initiatic order, and the the most central rituals always being sex. Anything other than that can always be done over the Internet.

At this time, no legal registrations, no real estate, things are quite open. But we do have both men and women participants. This is about as much as I will say.

To go further, I need two main things:

1. A dialectic further tested and refined by political conflict, as I am now intensely involved in.

2. Demonstration of the success of my alternative approaches to entrepreneurship, graded by current financial success, and which I am currently working towards.

It is not that difficult to get women involved, as for them brief involvement does not really cost them anything. Many of the young women of today are quite sexually experienced already. As long as they basically like and respect our guys, it tends to be just monkey see monkey do.

But getting the caliber of men involved that I want is more difficult. It means getting very knowledgeable and capable people to put time and money into something, and to a large degree to trust their future to it. Reaching the level where this will happen, is taking time.

But as far as me having an unreasonable degree of control over things, that would be impossible. If this works, then once it starts to blossom, there will be far more people in it, and spread over a so large a geographic area, that I could never have much if any contact with all of them.

There is a long history of counter culture groups and venues. And free flowing sex is often a feature. One risk is that they turn into cults. But what one person calls a cult, another might call a new religion.

The other risk is that most such groups do not work beyond the life of the founder. To offset this risk, I will be setting up explicit protocols to make sure that the group goes to much more democratic governance once it is beyond my life time. There will be all manner of safeguards and leader terms of office and legal backups in case of problems or divisions.

Having studied so many different groups and seen what worked and what did not, I feel that I can make something which will have a good chance of enduring. And there are lots and lots of recent influences which I am drawing on.

SJG

How many people here like organ music?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO_h00i6…

Truth About VC's
    https://techcrunch.com/2017/06/01/the-me…

What we need is more people with guns
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion