tuscl

"Did You Hear About When Bitcoin Couldn't Break $3000?"

Everybody's selling. Or at least trying to if their broker is up and running...

23 comments

• twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I sold off in 17 days at 2684.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    2571 right now.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    4 days ago Thursday
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Wild, wild west!
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    At minimal savings account interest I made $592.00 last month.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    I think you're wise to be cautious right now, skibum.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I am done with Bitcoin too much Day trading I will stick with what I know and understand which is buy and hold longterm
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Were you up overall?
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Btw, my title is about GDAX/Coinbase (gunning for a $1 billion IPO) crashing. Bittrex is taking the volume like trouper, by contrast.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @Dougster Yes if you remember I hadn't seen the settlement almost 5 days later but it went through at approx 1850 but when I started watching it the vix just got to me I told my guy to get me out of there last Thursday and he did, talk about dumb luck.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    My goodness, if it is going so high, it must be the best time to buy in!

SJG
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    @25: nah, the markets been giving warning signs for a while. Me, trackstar, and shark all warned about it. I'm taking a day off work for some personal research projects, but it will be interesting what the boys at work are saying.

I'm in ZEC for the long haul. I corresponded with the CEO in the past. Seems like a solid guy and the coin is definitely the best technology, IMO. Also heard they may be working on blending it with etherurm: which could be why it held up relative well amindst all the carange today.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    ^^^^^^ Sad that a grown man has nothing better to do with his time and energy than engage in glorified gambling, things he can't apply any of his creative abilities to.

SJG
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Sure you can, with programs, analysis and models. And, BTW, all that easily carries over to pure tech companies. Even guys working on curing cancer are increasingly employeeing data science.

What kind of work do you do? If I remember correctly you're unemployed, right?
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @Dougster not worried about the markets I know and understand, but maybe I'm just not getting my head wrapped around the whole cryptocurrency thing.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Well I guess I'm lucky. I studied cryptography for a few years after college, so I can dive pretty deep into it. Read the research papers and all. But it's a huge field. My main investment thesis here is that the best technology + a good team will win. But, in the past, best technology doesn't always win, so, as SJG would immediately point it is a dice roll.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Dougster, a societal parasite!

SJG

Church of Satan
    http://myslimpics.com/pics/3659/satanic-…

Modern Church of Satan
    http://atonchurchofsatan.yolasite.com/
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    I don't understand. Can you elaborate?
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Maybe that's my problem I graduated community college and went to work in construction, liked it and did well enough to have some disposable, and that's what I know best, some stuff is more complicated than I have patience for.
  • FTS
    7 years ago
    I think Bitcoin will break through $3000 eventually, there is far too much interest in countries outside the US for it to hit an all-time-and-forever peak of an arbitrary $3000 USD. Long term though... if the Bitcoin community can't figure out how to get its act together and scale Bitcoin properly, it will be overtaken.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    According to Juice Buffet said it's best to go with the field you know best. Could be why GS has made me more money than any other stock.

Hey, SJG: curious your thoughts on GS when you get a chance to read this? Lol!

• Dougster
    7 years ago
    @trackstar: There's been alot of complaints about BTC lately. I started using LTC for the first time this and was amazed at the relative speed and lack of fees. I think BTC is very dated and one reason I went with alts.

BTC certainly does have existing infrastructure going for it, but there's not alot and it's early enough I think the switch would be easy. I think Uber announced this weekend they'll accept LTC only.

I agree last night was far, far from the top in crypto currency market cap. Probably not the top in BTC as well, but I don't really like it compared to others, so who knows?
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    It's a good point you have, though. If they could fix bitcoin's weaknesses, maybe it can stay in and lead the game.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion