tuscl

money is an addiction..... back to dancing.

work a week at a regular job and made what i could make in one good night in a week. So here i am again back to dancing. Been back for a little bit and it amazes me the money difference between stripping and working a regular job. Maybe one day i'll leave but when the money is that great its hard to even think about it....

48 comments

• FTS
    7 years ago
    This is not the first time I've read this exact same thing written by a sex worker.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Yeap - I was at a club yesterday - $25/dance - got 4 dances in a row from a dancer - $100 in less thsn 15-minutes - at a minimum wage job thst would be a day's pay
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    And after the dances she can just go hang-out vs having to work the whole time
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Just make sure you're shorting some treasuries with all that easy money! Gotta have your retirement thing taken care of too.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Get back into school. Even if you do extras by the time you reach 40, it's all over.
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    Its a good plan if you can bank/invest a decent portion of your proceeds and dont fall fot the common sttipper vices. If your plan is to quit so you can get a "normal" bf/gf relationship then that may be on hold or will be lots tougher.

Good luck and nice to know you will be contributing again.
  • houjack
    7 years ago
    Yeah, makes sense. Although depends on the club and time of day what can be made. I've heard girls complain they've made nothing some days after tip out because the place isn't busy. Then again, one good shift will easily cover a week (or more) working min wage.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    GUESS WHO'S BACK?

BACK AGAIN!

POLEDANCERS' BACK!

TELL A FRIEND!
  • poledancer83
    7 years ago
    i really dont know how people make it on regular jobs salaries. its crazy
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    Yeah, how do I survive working a regular job, especially with how much I give to strippers?
  • Lone_Wolf
    7 years ago
    Hi pd. Curious as to why you switched to a regular job from dancing?

I think it would be hard as hell to leave a career where a person can travel, name their own hours, make decent cash (no taxes) to go work in structured environment.
  • poledancer83
    7 years ago
    just wanted a different lifestyle away from the club and party scene.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    None of my business... but the other side of the coin is to look at where the money goes.
  • Rickberge
    7 years ago
    Had a stripper tell me that whatever she makes she automatically take out 40% for taxes, house fee, and tipouts... So if she made $500 she only operated/came home with $300... Which isn't that bad for a part-time gig...
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    You should look into a possible future career that would be a good fit for you and start taking some classes while you dance then you cdn hopefully transition into a decent paying job and maybe supplement your income dancing part-time for extra $$$ vs all your $$$
  • a21985
    7 years ago
    It is crazy. Lot's of people don't really make it because the low level jobs don't provide a living wage. Many are forced into government assistance and/or debt they can never climb out of.

But like many here can tell you those things should be temporary even though success in the real working world is not something that comes overnight. It does take time and hard work. I remember my first job out of college making a bullshit $8/hr. Now what I used to make in a day, I make in like an hour of work.

One day, stripping won't be an option for you, you know that. It's delayed gratification, but the sooner you get acclimated in the workforce, the sooner your serviceable skillset will grow. Good luck to you but welcome back for now.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Or marry a whale.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    I've definitely seen quite a few strippers leave stripping and then come back a few months later.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    Waitressing is about doing the work of *many people*, so that you can convince the staff to schedule you 1. during shifts that are best for tips and traffic and 2. ideally schedule you with only you or at most one other waitress, togething running the place (doing the work of say six mediocre waitresses. That way you can keep more of the tips for yourself. That's the only way my mom and aunt ever made a decent living (early on) with it.

A stepping stone out of that might be to management or to a jewelry counter to sell jewelry. But ultimately, you are going to need schooling (College or a Trade) to get skills and an education for a career that pays more money.

Just know that college + good grades doesn't exactly mean it money and a career will be handed to you either. I fell for that trap because I fell for some bad advice. It makes time and persistence to make it plus don't forget to expand the network of people you know. Every "good" job I've had had been due to knowing the right people and being in the right place at the right time. None of the traditional "application process" hasn't worked for me. The people hiring say the same thing (it doens't work for them either; they all say applicants are unqualified). References and referred applicants tend to get matched better. So don't forget to make contacts. That's been my experience.

Don't forget the guys and lopaw here all have vanilla jobs that pay for all the tips that get spent in strip clubs. So think about that for a second. .... It can be done.
  • HungryGiraffe
    7 years ago
    Don't give up on planning for work and life after dancing.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Money never sleeps.
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    Welcome back. I didn't know you left.
    I guess it's hard to pass up easy money or easier money.

Guys have a weakness for beautiful things and act irrational after seeing that. Pretty girls count. That explains why we're willing to spend 10, 20, or even 30 bucks for a two or three minute song while a dancer just gyrates around in front of us with no sex taking place. If you asked the same guy at work if he would be willing to work 2 or 3 hours on a job he doesn't like if you dance around for a few minutes, the answer probably would be no. It would be no if she wasn't pretty if the guy was rational. I think nude clubs have an advantage. The guys see the pussy and they start throwing money around. Of course strip club regulars get used to it and adjust somewhat. I know I spent a lot more in tips in nude clubs. The lap dances at nude clubs I visited were all hands off so I usually wasn't interested in very many lap dances.
  • ThereAndBackAgain
    7 years ago
    A wise man once said never be afraid to give up what you can get again. Another said don't get addicted to something you may be forced to give up.

Requires a bit of austerity and control over will power for the long long ...long life.
  • FTS
    7 years ago
    Somebody said they don't know how people get by on minimum wage jobs. The answer is very simple. Theft. Women steal with their good looks. Men steal by force and wit.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    I have known a number of dancers who quit the club and then came back. One dancer worked at Ikea for a few months, and she told me what was wrong with that job.

1. She only made $11 an hour.
    2. They deducted SS taxes and income taxes.
    3. They expected her to work all the time.

Stripping definitely has some advantages.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    Futuretrackstar brings up something I just remembered. I remember a university study about how people survive on min wage jobs. The study uncovered something the researchers (elite leftists) never saw coming. The found a number of people would barter or trade for services (like know a guy who knows someone who's a contractor or a mechanic, etc). So a lot of goods and services were part of these shadow transactions. I am thinking either the researchers were naive and missed what futuretrackstar wrote (they only saw the tip of the iceberg) or didn't have the guts to write what trackstar just did.
  • goosman
    7 years ago
    Court Reporter seems like a good career for an ex-dancer. Trade doesn't seem that difficult to learn.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    Money isn't an addiction, it's a nescessity. Excess discretionary income, now that is an addiction.

There are lots of places on the internet where you can research high-paying, in demand jobs that only require a two-year degree. Go ahead and keep dancing for now, but start going to school so you have something to look forward to.

http://www.collegequest.com/top-high-pay…
  • BigPoppa99
    7 years ago
    ;) Whelp. what I always tell dancers, it's fast money, and tax-free!
  • CJKent (Banned)
    7 years ago
    Welcome back Poledancer, now that you are aware of your addiction you will need to be willing to make changes to get out of the addiction cycle.
    It is mainly up to you to change your mind, body and listent to your thru self.
    The answer to your question is called "Living within your means", learn the difference between what you need and what you want, if you do this right you will have the life you really need to be happy.

This is a link to a video about consumerism and how the system makes you buy things you don't need, but somehow want....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gorqroi…

"The Story of Stuff is a short animated about the lifecycle of material goods.
    The documentary is critical of excessive consumerism and promotes sustainability."

I hope you find it interesting.

Good luck on your recovery from this terrible addiction .
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Having to go from making more and working less to working more and making less, is a tough transition.

You should focus on using dancing to set you up for the future (instead of just thinking about the next shift) - be focused and use dancing to get you to your next phase in your life - be disciplined and focused, save some $$$; start getting ready for another career (taking classes; etc) instead of getting wasted on your shift and partying - see dancing as a vehicle to set you up for a future better life vs just living in the strip-club moment - drink water instead of alcohol and keep your goals in mind (but get some goals first by doing some diligent research)
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    So long as you don't feel you are being harmed or degraded, of course the strip club is better. But working to build a second career is also important.

Those women in the organization I am building, those coming from strip clubs and other sex work, will never be pressured to retire. But they will be getting good second career development, and then as they do move to retire, they will be getting a better financial safety net then they would get from sex work or marriage. They get these back ups, as they develop second careers.

SJG
  • s88
    7 years ago
    "i really dont know how people make it on regular jobs salaries. its crazy"

Dont smoke weed. Learn a skill that isn't minimum wage.
  • s88
    7 years ago
    Oh yeah, cut the cigs too. You just saved $30 a day.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    And Dougster had so many people believing that his boom of 2015 was going to lift all boats and dry up the pool of young women ready to whore in our strip clubs. Fact is, each of these boom and bust cycles make us more like a 3rd world country, and Dougster and his friends know this.

SJG

Stones - Soul Survivor
    https://youtu.be/GvsUk45K6nE?list=PLFFC0…
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Hi there PD glad you are ok. Quick question has SJG been trying to recruit you to join his church?
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    I'm not actually recruiting, that will be done f2f, people I actually know. Just explaining to her some basic ideas. Things don't have to be the way they are. My organization is but one example of people breaking out of the box.

SJG
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Lots of Cap'n Sav-A-Hos here tonight just tell enm to MYOB and keep calm and carry on. )
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ".. money is an addiction ..."

That's how strip clubs stay in business - dancers are addicted to $$$ and PLs are addicted to pussy
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    Arrrr! We be just reminding the little Lass to keep a weather eye open, matey!
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    (not sure if that was talk-like-a-Captain or talk-like-a-Scotsman??)
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    AAARRRG is talk like a pirate I don't know what the fuck that is !
  • MrDeuce
    7 years ago
    What we think of as "pirate talk" (e.g. "Arrr!") results from copying English actor Robert Newton, who specialized in portraying pirates, especially Long John Silver in the 1950 Disney film "Treasure Island" and the 1954 Australian film "Long John Silver" and the title character in the 1952 film "Blackbeard the Pirate". Newton was born in Dorset and educated in Cornwall in England's Southwest, so that "talking like a pirate" is really talking with a West Country accent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio…
  • MrDeuce
    7 years ago
    A favorite a couple of years ago quit stripping for a few weeks and took a job at Buffalo Wild Wings, When she came back to the club, she said "Fuck that! I make more in an afternoon of stripping than I did in a week at BW3's!"
  • vajmon
    7 years ago
    Does this mean you'll post some new pussy pics??
  • Book Guy
    7 years ago
    I can't figure it out either. The "regular" job is nearly entirely a waste of human potential. I suppose that somewhere in there is the theory that the capitalist needs to abuse people to denude them of their sense of self-worth because otherwise they would rise up and overthrow their chains of oppression? I dunno, they don't act very oppressed, most of the people I know who suffer through regular jobs.

For me, the "regularity" IS the very problem. I don't want to go to the same place twice in a week. I don't want to get up early very often. I don't want to do the same thing more than twice in a row before being asked to do something entirely different. I don't want to know what my week will be like in one month, or in three months, or in six years. I don't want to know that my work setting is as neutralized and "normal" and AS MUCH like everyone else's, as possible. I don't want to see the same people every day.

For me, "regularity" is also "oppression." I just feel like a "normal" job is "just too much." If I work all day Monday, then I need Tuesday and Wednesday to recover. Basically, my brain works like that of a stripper, it's just trapped in a male body. I want reward NOW, not deferred, largely because I DON'T TRUST my employer not to either (a) fire me because I wore the wrong shoelaces, or (b) go out of business because they invested in cat-herding equipment, so I don't really feel very good about putting in effort for some kind of deferred reward.

I think if I could get excited about some line of business that involved something I thought MATTERED, I would be very good at entrepreneurial ventures in it, given my insistence on being non-regular and on having my work somehow engender a "passion" in me. But I also kind of think that work, itself, in other words participation in an economic market in the name of gaining money, is PRECISELY the thing which MOST turns me off of any endeavor. Consequently, I would never be able to gain "passion" about any subject that also brought me profit. Thus, perfect full circle, I could never be an entrepreneur?

In the long run, I see "regular" work as a way to cause dupes and rubes to buckle under the fist of the oppressor. And I see MOST of the oppressors as people who, also, don't even know that they're buckling down under the fists of people higher up, oppressing them too. But I don't see a solution to the problem.

Another w ay to put it. People who are born into investments and connections that inherently and automatically gain them profit -- Dick Cheney, Mitt Romney, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton -- need people who are NOT to do their dirty work for them. Otherwise, they'd never be able to sit back and invest and thus "let their money do their work for them." Consequently, every time I accept a "regular" job, I'm simply being the "do their work for them" part of Hillary Clinton's or Donald Trump's "let their money" equation. Those people do show up for work at an office, but when they're there, they don't worry that they can't pick up the kids at the day-care, because they can ALREADY afford a taxi, or a concierge service, or sending the kids off to a private school that doesn't require pick-up at times too early for convenience. Basically, they HAD money to make money; if you start too poor to get enough money that you can make money, then your experience at a "regular" job will always be, that the job takes away more than it gives, therefore you can't save to get up out of the job, therefore you have to continue to work at that lame-ass job, therefore you lose. Vicious cycle.

In my experience. I do what I can to get out of the "regularity" cycle. It's something inveneted by the post-industrial age, whether cynically by the capitalists to control their working population, or just accidentally by the well-meaning mothers and fathers who want little Billy to have a "productive life" that is "full of opportunity" I don't know which.

I hate regularity. That sounds like a bowel movement to me. Why would you want to speak of your life's contribution to mankind as though it were shit?
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Looks BookGay graduated from the same school of verbosity as san_jose_fag.

Needless to say, tl;dr.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Book Guy, you got that right, "I suppose that somewhere in there is the theory that the capitalist needs to abuse people to denude them of their sense of self-worth because otherwise they would rise up and overthrow their chains of oppression?"

Once Dougster and his friend put their plan into action, we are placed under whip wielding task masters, and assigned to cleaning the sidewalks with our tooth brushes, while the human race formally divides into two tiers.

And poledancer, things will change when people start building counter cultural movements. This is what I am doing.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion