tuscl

Stock Ticker RICK Trading at $23.35

In Feb 2016 RickyBoy called this a "dogshit stock" and said it was no surprise to him that it dipped briefly under $8. Here we are about 16 months later and the stock is up over 190%.

Really good call, RickyBoy. Really good call.

8 comments

• sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    The end of December and May would have been good times to buy or maybe right after the initial pop ups. Not sure if any news with this stock.

Dougster what for you think about oil or maybe Uco?
    Good long term play since no one thinks oil will be obsolete a year or two from now or wait until the bottom drops out? At these lower prices, production might not be going up as much, maybe. I'm not an oil expert.

As far as a recession starting next year, that was too pessimistic. The liberal elite will want to wait until we're closer to the next presidential election before they really do a whole lot of monetary tightening. Plus they want to continue making money but just take control of the masses of everyone else. Expand government. Make everyone dependent on handouts.

I'm seeing similarities between poker and the stock market. With the stock market, it's a matter of finding a better hand to play instead of dealing with whatever you were given. But you can still fold or play any given stock or look for a better hand to play.

I really like options. Settlement in only one day. Most of your money still in cash unless you have several stocks in play. I see how to beat buy and hold investing by 2 to 3 times now.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    I think oil is toast. They are getting shale production costs down into the $30, some places even as low as $15. Deep sea production costs are coming down.

According to econ 101 cartels cannot stay together, so I don't think OPEC is following a wise policy. I think it would have been better if they had just continued along their path in late 2015 to early 2016 and knocked out the players with more expensive production costs. Maybe even engage in some predatory pricing since that cannot be enforced internationally.

Beyond that there is the question of demand which has got to be weakening with cleaner source of energy.

All that said there must be some deal between the US and Saudis to try and prop up the price. I personally never understood why the US prefers to align with Saudi over Iran. Iran being a country which seems the likely to Westernize in that region.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @Dougster I too see Iran as most like us of all the countries in that region, but have you actually seen how much money inflows from Saudi Arabia. If you did you would get the fact that Iranians are poor by comparison that is really what our alignment is. Eventually the Saudis will have a revolution, that's when the realignment will occur in the middle east and if Pakistan and Iran don't but heads, over some slight, there might eventually become some stability over there.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    BTW oil is going down as a growth industry, even Exxon-Mobil is investing heavily in renewable energy.
  • day_trader
    7 years ago
    RICK finished the day at $21.39 got as low as $20.80, down 7.24%, not sure what inspired the sell off. RICK has a 12-month price target of $29, implying quite a bit of upside still. Think I might start watching this stock a little more closely.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Yeah, I noticed it was tumbling today as well. Oh, well it had a great run. I'm thinking tread very careful in the market right now, due to the lack of fear. What's your take?
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Looks like RSI got to 87 on the daily. That might account for the selloff. :-)
  • day_trader
    7 years ago
    Back in May Rick had a positive earnings report and an acquisition, stock price went up after that, looks like the stock got a little ahead of itself too quickly and is somewhat coming back down to earth. I don't think there run is over just yet however. Same store earnings are up and adding assets is a plus.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion