tuscl

Do The Cavs Win Tonight?

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Or are they toast?

Either way JR Smith and Shumpy can light up a doobie after the game in the locker room.

37 comments

• Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    The question isn't just tonight but both games in Cleveland........drop one and it's over.

Do not expect a repeat of last year when they came back from 3-1 down.

KD was brought to GS for one reason and one reason only.......and this was it.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    No
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    I have correctly predicted two great upsets on tuscl -- Donald Trump's grand victory, and the Cavs coming back from 3-1 to win it all. But I don't sense a big come back here. As much as I hate to vote against Lebron, I don't see it happening this year.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I hope so remember last year it was the will of one man LeBron against a Warriors team that had their star player at less than 100% I tell you what, if Cleveland doesn't win, I bet you they go hard in the offseason for another super player, maybe Westbrook,after all LeBron opened those floodgates when he went to Miami, to create the original super team.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    As much as I love the Cavs, it's that GS just as so much firepower right now.
  • MrDeuce
    7 years ago
    Golden State in 4. 16-0 in post-season. Nobody can beat them now.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    @25. True LeBron = GOAT
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    toast
  • GACA
    7 years ago
    Can they win? Yes.

Will they win? If the hometown refs help them out
  • Rickberge
    7 years ago
    Yes. So I have a reason to go to the stripclub when Im out of town Monday. (Game 5)
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    "I bet you they go hard in the offseason for another super player, maybe Westbrook"

Paul George would be the best free agent acquisition/fit for the Cavs this summer but that ain't happening.

It's a shame, Clevelands Big 3 seem to be living up to their expectations (although Love didn't do so great in game 1) but their supporting role players haven't done dick. Makes me mad being a Cavs fan, LeBron made sure all those guys got paid after going to the finals 3 years ago on the re-signings and they (imo) aren't living up to what's expected of them.

Game 1:
    ======
    Triston Thompon - 4 points
    JR Smith - 1 point
    Shumpert - 5 points
    Korver - 4 points

That's not going to get it done vs GS
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^I might have said Paul George, but I don't believe he is going for free agency, Carmelo Anthony might be available but I don't think he is really going to add much to the Cavs if anything he might clash with LeBron i could see that.
  • HungryGiraffe
    7 years ago
    Cavs will show up tonight!
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    ^^^ LeBron has expressed he'd like to play with Chris Paul and Carmelo one day. They are all really close and I think Carmelo would keep quiet just so he could get a ring. He's over the hill though so like you said I can't see him adding much.

Rumor is if Paul George is going anywhere he's going to the Lakers (remember he's from Cali).

I wouldn't be supersized to see this Warriors team break up for more money down the road, but LeBron doesn't have much time left to get another ring. What, maybe 3 more seasons?
  • Harderlap
    7 years ago
    Toast. I like peanut butter on my toast.
  • TxVegas
    7 years ago
    Before the series I had Golden State in 5. I don't see any reason to change based on what we have seen so far. It may even be a sweep.
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    Nobody cares. Lol.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Looks like not
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Un(freaking)believable - KD with the Dagger (3-pointer + 2 clutch free-throws) - he's def a difference maker compared to last year where GS seemed to not be able to response to CLE's run
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    When CLE was up midway thru the 4th quarter I thought GS didn't have what it took to come back - GS is great at getting ahead but IMO not as good at coming back from behind.
  • Cowboy12
    7 years ago
    LeBron=over rated...glad they lost.
    GS is obviously best team
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Overrated?
    He is the GOAT.
    How can you overrate him?
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    lebron is NOT the goat. he gets what he deserves for starting this superteam bullshit(GSW has perfected it). I'm glad lebron is becoming a victim of his own doing. lol.

that said, nobody will ever really respect this title. they had no competition at all. the 2 teams that maybe could've competed, zaza pachulia robbed the fans of seeing if Spurs could compete. and lebron proved yet again what the non lebron dick riders have been saying. lebron is overrated and would not have even got out of the east.

fuck this shit.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    *would not have got out of the west.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @chessmaster You are right LeBron did start this trend towards super teams when he left Cleveland for Miami to play with Wade and Bosch, but regardless of my not believing in GOATs rather I do believe he is the Greatest of his Time, LeBron James is the best player on the court, night after night right now,he is not overrated despite all the hating going on he is a great player and will be in the end remembered in the same conversation about all of the great players of the past and present.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    Lebron is not the GOAT. He is not even the greatest player right now... RIGHT NOW, KD is the best. Lebron is guarding him and he's had at least 30 points every finals game, and won every game so far. How can you call Lebron the GOAT when he is on the verge of getting swept?
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @ sorry Nina I disagree even the great Micheal Jordan would have been overmatched here Kevin Durant was a great player but by himself he was overwhelmed by LeBron and by Curry numerous times now that he is on this super team he certainly is the missing piece of the puzzle. Remember this team was assembled with one goal, to beat LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers. They have done that so far this debate will never be over, but I have said my piece.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    LeBron is elite at everything - scoring, defense, and passing - and the dude has been super durable w/ a TON of games under his belt.

IMO MJ is the GOAT - other than MJ every other player has flaws and I can't see anyone being w/o a doubt 2nd GOAT over LeBron.

Both MJ and Kobe had Phil Jackson as their coach who has about 10-rings - neither MJ nor Kobe won w/o Phil Jackson.

• flagooner
    7 years ago
    Opinion has nothing to do with it.
    LeBron is the GOAT.
    It's an undeniable fact.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    "Both MJ and Kobe had Phil Jackson as their coach who has about 10-rings - neither MJ nor Kobe won w/o Phil Jackson."

Credit to Phil Jackson. But LeBron never won w/o at least 2* other superstars. Just saying.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    "LeBron is the GOAT.
    It's an undeniable fact."

No its really not. Look at his finals record(most of which his team has been stacked with talent). Lots of people forget or don't want to acknowledge he should've lost twice in a row to the spurs in Miami. Even still he was 2-2 in Miami and will be 1-3 in Cleveland. Jordan would've won 8 years in a row with lebrons teams.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    ^7 years in a row. Not even sure jordan could be beat the spurs with that bum team LeBron had his first finals.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I think it's fair to say that most times LeBron had either an inferior team and/or an inferior coach
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Well if you really want to make comparisons to Mike Jordan's teams you need to consider the era he played. The salary cap was different, free agent rules were different, and nobody would have been able to put together a team, the same way that Golden State has, geared to beat just one team because there was more parity then, the talent was spread around much differently than it is now.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    BTW I am rooting for the Cavs but it doesn't look good !
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    @25:

In most of Jordan's era there wasn't a salary cap and thus it was actually easier to stockpile talent if one was willing to pay up and why baxlck then free-agents often wanted to go to the big-markets like NY and LA b/c they could spend much more than the smaller markets (whereas now every team can only spend the same max amount lest they pay additional luxury taxes, and today there's a max salary for players unlike back in the day) - today's salary cap was actually put in place for there to *he* parity and make it fairer for the smaller market teams.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^Some of that is true but consider this when you had Ewing playing you had Bird playing along with Shaq & Barkley then Magic, Kobe or going back even farther Frazier & Reed the championships spread out over a long period of time Boston was the original dynasty in my lifetime than NY till Reed & Frazier retired than came the Bulls who were dominant but no one team except the Bulls dominated long enough to make another team feel the need to load up on scorers like GS until LeBron came along. Remember free agency wasn't available then, till later in the careers of those superstars when they were starting to decline so big and small markets competed side by side at least til the TV money got so large that it didn't matter the size of your market.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion