tuscl

the "Good Old Days"

Saturday, May 27, 2017 7:16 AM
I have periodically heard "the good old days" of clubbing mentioned. What are they? I have been clubbing off and on since the 70's. In those days most all clubs did not have lap dance rooms or VIP rooms. Most clubs were locally owned, now many are chains like DeJaVue(yuck). Yes there were clubs that did things in the back room, we bought a friend a BJ in the back room on his bachelor night in the 70's hoping he would see the light and not marry the bitch but that is a different story. Bottom line is things were available just less obvious and you went to the back room not a VIP. Paid sex has been going on since the first woman figured out that she had something a man wanted and was willing to pay for it. ALL women play that game to some extent or another. The girl who will not put out until she has either an engagement ring or wedding ring(each way she OWNS you down to the girl who does not do anything until you have spent money on the third date. One night stand bar pick ups are a very recent thing and few girls do that often. The club girls used to make their money at the tip rail. Lets face it if a dancer got $50-$75(8-10 guys at the rail $1 /guy each song @ minimum of 2 songs/set with the girl doing 4 sets/shift = $64) in $1 tips at the rail she was doing well considering you could make $3/ hour elsewhere. There were more low skill jobs that paid decently, I knew guys in high school that dropped out to go work in factories and made good money. High paying low work/skill jobs are now gone. Do you still tip $1 at the rail the same as in 1976? I seldom do, I tip more unless the dancer is so unattractive to me I tip only enough to not loose my seat. (most club have a policy if you sit at the rail you are there to tip. The relative cost of clubbing has gone down. I remember paying a $3-4 cover 35 years ago and now pay $5 and y'all bitch about it. Many still tip $1 at the rail but minimum wage was $3 then! The bottom line is many girls are there to make money while partying and are so unreliable they cannot hold a regular job(same as the good old days). The more things change the more they stay the same. So how exactly are the good old days better than today. If you do not want extras you go to a fancy Corporate show club where extras are rare or non existent. The worst thing I see is corporate take over of the clubs because they are cash cows. The Cadillac Lounge in Providence is now a 'Scores' prices are up and quality is down. Another problem today is the media always looking for and fabricating stories, clubs always make a juicy story even when there is none on a slow news day making them the targets of politicians for headlines.

15 comments

• shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I think a lot of those comments refer to specific clubs. Clubs that were once great but now due to LE or economics have gone down the shitter.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    The good old days were 10 years ago.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    SF definitely had a golden age, if I were to pluck a decade out of it, it would be 1996-2006. In 1996 is when extras exploded, MBOT reigned supreme as possibly the best SC that ever existed in the US, with all kinds of other amazing clubs (the perhaps-Follies-like Market Street Cinema, for example) as an amazing supporting cast. It degraded as deja vu completed its takeover of all but 2 of SF's strip clubs in the early 2000s I think it was, and then the absolute end was in 2007 when MBOT got crushed by a lawsuit and changed their business model. Or, as jackslash says, the good old days were 10 years ago :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I think overall mileage is better these days (at least in the clubs were mileage can be had/allowed) - but there were some areas back in the day (80s, 90s) that probably make today's HM clubs look tame. IME mileage was more limited 15+ years ago and w/ lower-mileage there seemed to be more stunners - but I have def had a way better time clubbing in the 2000s than I did in the 90s although I only SCed a handful of times in the 90s and also didn't have much $$$ to be a hardcore SCer. So IMO the good-old days were so in some areas and not others - and part of it is also nostalgia and being new to the game and more easily impressed.
  • sp
    7 years ago
    For me, you just answered it with your Caddy reference. It was much better 5-7 years ago then today. And like I said in an earlier post, if Mario's was still around, I would have never bothered with Caddy. What places do you go to now that remind you or are like the "good old days"?
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    The main thing to remember is the good old days are never as good as you remember, stop living in the past people embrace the future, that is where all possibilities are!
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    "The main thing to remember is the good old days are never as good as you remember" When it comes to strip clubs, the good old days were pretty damned good. There's still good times around, but there's a difference now with so much information littering the Internet. Anyone who thinks that people who'd have looked the other way won't react when their lack of enforcement is a search engine click away hasn't clubbed long enough to know the difference.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^ I dunno bout that, I have been clubbing for over 30 years, I've always had a good time, some more than others. I think your attitude and how you approach it is much more important.
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    "I think your attitude and how you approach it is much more important." This isn't about whether generalities are right or wrong, it's about people's experiences. People who've clubbed around different parts of the country have seen a difference over the past decade or so, and I'm in agreement that there's a difference. For those who have a situation they like for their approach to the hobby, great for them. I think I wrote that good times are still around, so I'm fine to let that speak for itself.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    maybe the good old days are NOW...
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    lately i had a great fs time with a dancer... i gave her the regular standard vip fee... but due to the idicroncies of the club... we had a great time with her getting all the money.... that rates a 'best time' in my book.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    It's always "The Gold Old Days" for a RICH STUD like me.
  • Mainster
    7 years ago
    I'd say it's probably a local thing, driven by local ordinances and their enforcement, or lack thereof. The Phoenix area is way better than it was when I first started clubbing, but it may have already seen its peak.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    you old farts remember the good old days better than me.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    sounds like the good old days were boring as shitting at 7/11.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion