tuscl

Indy 500 next Sunday

Thursday, May 18, 2017 4:35 PM
Yeah, summer starts soon. I'm heading down to see the race again next weekend. It's going to be damn cold for Mid state Indiana next weekend, highs only in the 70's. I've been there when the whole weekend was in the 90's and I've watched tornados blow by not to far away. Were I only able to hook up with one of my favorites at Brad's but I doubt she still works there. Oh well, I'll find some new talent, I'm sure. Anyone else going to be in town for the race ?

8 comments

• Dougster
    7 years ago
    Fuck off, vinceygirl. You lied about military service in Vietnam and are just trying to deflect from that issue here.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    If anyone ever had any doubt about the viability of ethanol, Indy 500! As I know, three liter flat crank V8's, 10,000 RPM, and 650hp. Enjoy yourself Vince! SJG
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    And the sound as they rip by at 225 mph, that's two of the attractions of open wheel racing.
  • Conundrum
    7 years ago
    I have always wanted to go and see the race in person, One of those things on my bucket list, Have fun! If I ever get the chance what section or turn is best to see the race from?
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Have fun Vince that is on my bucket list too
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Conundrum, the best seats are on the front stretch coming up to the finish line. They are the most expensive, but on the infield which is free, my favorite spot is on the second turn. In the beginning of the race, that's where things often get crazy as the tires aren't fully warmed up. I like the first turn also on the infield, you are next to the garages and you can watch the crews getting the cars ready or repaired during the race. It's a long race, and there's plenty of time to do many things.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    I've been to about 30 Indy 500's and will be there next week. Always a fun time!
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    The wrecks keep on coming. That was a wild crash today in practice. At the last Indy 500 I went to, final seconds of the race, a driver lost it and smashed into the wall at the end of the race and car came apart. The carbon reinforced driver compartment saved him, but there were just tiny pieces of car everywhere.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion